Astro - You got some 'splainin to do!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but can we believe him? He seems like a trustworthy enough fellow. It's weird that he would spread this rumor on other sites, but not mention anything here. The OP is right--he's got some 'splaining to do.

Our Bills Team Correspondent Dean Kindig (aka Astrobot) updates on the Jason Peters situation. He previously was taking the tack that Peters was likely to be traded, but now comes the news that the Bills Left Tackle was offered a contract which would make him the highest paid in the league at that position - roughly on par with Carolina's Jordan Gross. Dean now thinks a deal will get done, and has lowered the priority on OT for Buffalo. As a result, our Consensus Mock Draft has the Bills steering away from Michael Oher and again looking in the direction of USC LB Brian Cushing.

If you notice, it refers to Astro in the 3rd person. So he most likely didn't write this, unless he refers to himself in the third person. If this news is not true, my guess is there was some sort of failure in the communication lines.

Yes, but can we believe him? He seems like a trustworthy enough fellow. It's weird that he would spread this rumor on other sites, but not mention anything here. The OP is right--he's got some 'splaining to do.

I don't think he is personally carpet bombing other messages boards. It looks like folks are just posting the link from the story everyplace. Much like this thread. Either way, it is wierd.

I've decided I'm just gonna believe the rumor. I'm kind of itching for some good news so I'm just gonna believe it. The Bills have offered Peters something well into 8 figures/yr. and he's about to sign. We'll hear confirmation of this soon. The explanation that appeals to me at the moment is the one I choose to accept. Ever hear of Occam's Razor. This is sort of like that--it's called gringo's rusty hacksaw.

I just assume Rastro just wrote it after he heard the rumor about the 9.75 million offer from Total Access and before he saw it was debunked as never being on Total Access.

But $9.75M wouldn't make him the "highest paid in the league at that position."