Astro - You got some 'splainin to do!

The one steady factor here is that the bills have taken care of the players that came in and acted like they were a part of the team........bottom line.

Why cant Peters understand that?

Uhhhh, he got a 9 on the Wonderlic <_<

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question: If the Bills move from $8.5 to $10M and Peters never budges from $11, who's wrong? We keep saying "it's just a million" but are the Bills supposed to just bend over? If that's what happens, watch at least a dozen Bills players line up for new deals. And why not? The Bills will look like a giant ATM machine.

PTR

The players didn't revolt when Evans got 9 million which is at the top of the league for WRs. They didnt revolt when Dockery was signed for 7 million which was top of the league for guards. 11 million is the top of the league for LTs. Besides, if they offer over 10 mil I think he signs. The only real rumor we know of is 8.5 and that's not enough.

The players didn't revolt when Evans got 9 million which is at the top of the league for WRs. They didnt revolt when Dockery was signed for 7 million which was top of the league for guards. 11 million is the top of the league for LTs. Besides, if they offer over 10 mil I think he signs. The only real rumor we know of is 8.5 and that's not enough.

Good point. Peters is a much better value at $11 Million a season than Dockery at $7 Million or Evans at $9 Million or Schobel at $8.5 Million or....

From Chris Brown. This is Russ Brandon's overview of the Peters' situation:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/15/peters-update/

Bills COO/GM Russ Brandon addressed the Jason Peters contract situation at the team’s draft luncheon Wednesday. Here was his update on the team’s Pro Bowl left tackle.

“Obviously we’ve talked about this ad nauseum, but we value Jason greatly as a player,” said Brandon. “He’s a player that we developed and signed to a contract early in his career. Obviously Jason has done a great job and played very well. At the conclusion of the year we talked to Jason and we’d obviously like to have him on this team and will continue to work with his representatives to get something done.”

When asked if he needs to come to a resolution or definitive answer as to where things are headed with Peters in negotiations prior to the draft, he offered the following.

“We’re going to see how the situation plays out,” said Brandon. ”We want him on this football team and expect him to be on this football team.”

Visit Chris' blog--it will help pay the extra $500K a year the Bills will need to get this deal done...

Sounds to me like things are going nowhere fast. Nothing positive said, nothing negative said. Just the standard.... we like him, we want him here, we'll see how it goes. Not at all reassuring in my mind. If anything I'd say the rumors are close to be accurate - Bills made him and offer and Parker said we'll talk when you get serious; and there's been nothing since.

I'm not so sure that's true. I think if they were this/close to signing him he'd probably say much the same thing. I don't think he'd jinx the negotiations by saying we are very close to an agreement with him. JMO

I agree with that to an extent. The problem lies if on the day of the draft, Peters and the Bills are, lets just say, one million dollars apart. The Bills are offering 9 mil a year and Peters wants 10 mil a year.

1] If the Bills think that is too big of a gap, or they are unwilling to go a dollar higher, they may think it's unworkable and feel like they have to trade him.

2] But they may think that a million dollars is close enough and that if it's only between 9 and 10 we can still make a deal.

3] They may also say okay, we don't know if we can make a deal but lets talk turkey with other teams and if an offer is good enough, lets take it.

4] They may also say we think it's close and it's possible and we may sign him but lets talk with other teams and play hardball and only if an offer blows us away lets take it.

We just don't know what they are thinking and in all likelihood, they haven't come to that decision yet themselves.

Or a 5) they have reached a monetary agreement and are now just quibbling over guaranteed monies.

Here's my question: What players on this team are going to be in the position, in regards to both their careers thus far and with their contract status, to even begin to think that it is their time for a new deal? The only one I can think of is Fred Jackson. We just extended Stroud. Did the same with Evans last year. What other players on the team have out-performed their contracts to the point where they should be coming to Brandon and Co. asking for a new deal and expecting not to be laughed at? I really cannot think of one other than Jackson. "Watch at least a dozen Bills players line up for new deals". Are you kidding? That is terrible reasoning for not completing a deal with Peters if they are $1 million apart.

I think he should be paid as the highest LT in the game. I'm getting the feeling that it's his agents ridiculous way of negotiating that may be slowing the process down. I think a lot of agents would have gotten a deal done by now. It might be that Peters isn't in Buffalo working out right now. It might be the same problem as last year.

The one steady factor here is that the bills have taken care of the players that came in and acted like they were a part of the team........bottom line.

Why cant Peters understand that?

I think he's taking his agents advice without realizing it really hasn't helped him at all and in fact has greatly hurt his negotiating tactics.