Rotoworld reports that JP Losman has received no known

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 05 JP was YOYOed in & out of the line up. In 06 he started & unlike Trent, played better at the end of the year. In 07 the offense was changed to suit Trent's strengths which are totally different than JP's & after being injured after 2 losses Trent was made the man. I would NOT call that being given every opportunity.

Hmm. What are Trent's strengths?

If you remember it was worse than that: the Bills gave up a 2nd and 5th rounder as well as a 1st round pick to Dallas so that they could draft JP Losman.

Wow, its no wonder the Bills haven't seen the playoffs in 9 years.

Tom Donahoe traded a 1st for Bledsoe, drafted McGahee who couldn't run for a year following the draft, and gave up 3 picks for Losman.

Tom Donahoe has been hiding in shame for helping to destroy the Bills.

They didn't give up a first round pick, they swapped Dallas' that year for ours the following year. If no trade, over those two years we would have had 2 first round picks, after the trade, in those two years, we had a total of 2 first round picks. It was 2 in one year rather than 1 each year for 2 years.

Nothing personal but I amazed to still hear this after all these years, that JP cost us a first round pick. He didn't. Picking a guy in the first round who never made it wasted a first round pick for sure but we didn't lose one in the trade.

If all it took to be a top QB in the NFL was the ability to land a bomb every once in a while and do nothing else well (like reading defenses), then maybe JP would succeed.

Look at the stats retard or are u saying brett farve sucked

JP sure looked good a couple of years ago.......in Madden '07! Not a bad guy/ not a good NFL quarterback. Well, he had some experience playing in Toronto....maybe he can be a Doug Flutie story and resurrect his career in the CFL?

Seriously??? you criticizing a 2 time pro bowler to defend JP Losman??? :rolleyes: No offense but that may be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen here and that's saying something.

Additionally, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those "awesome" linemen set a franchise record for fewest sacks allowed in a season. But you're right. Losman is awesome and everything else was wrong but him. By any chance are you also a Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, or Joey Harrington fan too?

Your reply may be one of the dumbest I have seen. Where in my post do you see that I say Losman is awesome? Get some glasses. It is fact that Peters sucked ass last year(what a dozen sacks or so-more than anyone in the NFL-now that is awesome!), he is lazy, thinks he is better than he is ever going to be and hopefully will be out of here sooner than later. Losman wasn't good in Buffalo, but he wasn't any worse than Peters last year. Peters has had one good year in Buffalo-just like Losman did. Don't freakin read things into a post that aren't there. A 2 time Pro Bowler that every single person on the telecast of the game, the selection show and NFL network, ESPN, Fox-anywhere you looked said it was a joke that he went last season. I am tired of hearing he is a Pro Bowler, everyone who has ever been concious during an NFL season knows lineman go there on name not performance the majority of the time. By any chance are you a moron too? I bet you can't sleep at night knowing that they got rid of Derrick Dockery-get a tissue.

They didn't give up a first round pick, they swapped Dallas' that year for ours the following year. If no trade, over those two years we would have had 2 first round picks, after the trade, in those two years, we had a total of 2 first round picks. It was 2 in one year rather than 1 each year for 2 years.

Nothing personal but I amazed to still hear this after all these years, that JP cost us a first round pick. He didn't. Picking a guy in the first round who never made it wasted a first round pick for sure but we didn't lose one in the trade.

Understood, but didn't Dallas pick DeMarcus Ware in that spot?

San Diego picked Shawne Merriman next and N'awrl Leens picked Jammal Brown after that.

Of course, none of those guys could have contributed to The Bills more than JP did. I'm just sayin'.

JP is OOF now because he played himself OOF.

The Dieami Toronto and final JESTS games are both testimony of his incapability of making it in the NFL.

I'd be amazed if any NFL GM gave him a flyer this year.

Better QBs than him have rotted in unsigned purgatory.

It's over for him IMHO. O-v-e-r.

Understood, but didn't Dallas pick DeMarcus Ware in that spot?

San Diego picked Shawne Merriman next and N'awrl Leens picked Jammal Brown after that.

Of course, none of those guys could have contributed to The Bills more than JP did. I'm just sayin'.

JP is OOF now because he played himself OOF.

The Dieami Toronto and final JESTS games are both testimony of his incapability of making it in the NFL.

I'd be amazed if any NFL GM gave him a flyer this year.

Better QBs than him have rotted in unsigned purgatory.

It's over for him IMHO. O-v-e-r.

I don't agree, as much as you hate the guy and want his career to be over I highly doubt a young player with his ability will never play again. NFL QB's take way to many hits to stay upright all year long, I'll bet JP has a job paying him millions before the season starts,but after the draft.

If I were him I'd wait until after the draft anyway,who wants to sign with a team only to find they drafted another QB to develop.

HIS NAME IS J.P. LOSERMAN. Too many f n years of watching Buffalo lose because of such a joke at qb. He sucks. He still sucks. I hope he gets better for his sake to play but i think he needs to move on without football. His skills are not there. im sorry but it was very difficult to watch the bills with loserman back there.

you'll be the same jerk running edwards out of town in a year or two after he cant live up to your expectations either

Look at the stats retard or are u saying brett farve sucked

What an enlightened reply. You are comparing JP Losman to Brett Favre? Brett's career was not marked by his ability to land a few bombs and then suck at everything else.

And where are these stats you quote? If you want to debate intellectually. post some facts, don't spew inanities like a caveman.

Here is a summary of some key numbers based on Yahoo sports:

Brett Favre

Seasons: 18

Games: 273

Career QB rating: 85.4

Completion Pct : 61.4

YPG: 238.6

Y/A: 7.0

TD: 464

Int: 310

Fumbles Lost: 56

For situations requiring passes of 11+ yards

Att: 42

Comp: 62

Yards: 473

Completion Pct: 67.7

Y/A: 7.63

JP Losman

Seasons: 5

Games: 42

Career QB rating: 75.6

Completion Pct: 59.3

YPG: 147.9

Y/A: 6.6

TD: 33

Int: 34

Fumbles Lost: 17

For situations requiring passes of 11+ yards

Att: 11

Comp: 19

Completon Pct: 57.9

Y/A: 9.10

So I will give you that in long pass situations (11+yards) JP does get a higher Y/A. But then again JP completes a significantly lower percentage of his passes compared to Brett on such attempts (57% compared to 68%). Also look at things like TD to Int ratio as well as fumbles lost / game. Brett threw 1.5 TDs for every interception while JP threw 0.97. Thats a huge disparity. On fumbles lost / game, Brett has a ratio of .20 while JP has a ratio of .40? Another large gap. These are the prime reasons why JP is considered a lousy QB by a lot of folks.

In summary, JP looks really bad in the major categories compared to Brett. And Brett' stats include seasons where he was already past his prime.

So in the end, I don't see how JP Losman compares to Brett. And it seems that you lose your argument about periodic bomb landings as Brett had pretty high completion rates overall --even when looking just at the long pass attempts.

In 05 JP was YOYOed in & out of the line up. In 06 he started & unlike Trent, played better at the end of the year. In 07 the offense was changed to suit Trent's strengths which are totally different than JP's & after being injured after 2 losses Trent was made the man. I would NOT call that being given every opportunity.

This i have to disagree with

remember after the Jacksonville game 07 Jauron said he would be still starting if he had won that game

remember the Dolphins game last year??

remember the Jets game last year??

JP had plenty of chances to improve , hell not even chances years even.

All he was good for was the long ball to Lee Evans

I will give you he had his moments but even Madden had some things to say about his decision making, poor at best

Dont get me wrong I liked JP and even in a different offense would he have done better ??

He could not do it week in and week out and that's what you would want from a first round draft pick

But Trent is a better QB and that's why he is starting

Being a good QB demands more mental than brawn

Joe Montana wasn't the most gifted physical player, but maybe one of the smartest football IQ guys to ever play

JP had shown time and time he was to slow in the pocket reading coverages

That is why he is gone

I have never been a big JP guy, but I have to believe that someone will bring him into camp at the very least. Whether he ends up sticking around, that is another story. He really is going to have to show someone that he is worth it as a back up. I don't expect him to get the kind of contract that he and his agent would expect. It probably will be whatever the minimum is for his years of service. It also probably will be a team with a coach who thinks that he can correct the flaws in his game.

JP has some talent. His flaws have been well documented. We certainly should never have traded what we did to get him. Although I am not a big JP guy, I do wish him well. Whatever happens, he has made a ton of money so I cannot feel too sorry for him.

Guest dog14787
I have never been a big JP guy, but I have to believe that someone will bring him into camp at the very least. Whether he ends up sticking around, that is another story. He really is going to have to show someone that he is worth it as a back up. I don't expect him to get the kind of contract that he and his agent would expect. It probably will be whatever the minimum is for his years of service. It also probably will be a team with a coach who thinks that he can correct the flaws in his game.

JP has some talent. His flaws have been well documented. We certainly should never have traded what we did to get him. Although I am not a big JP guy, I do wish him well. Whatever happens, he has made a ton of money so I cannot feel too sorry for him.

Nawwww, its not like the Bills coaching staff had anything to do with sufficiently ending any thoughts JP ever had of being a starter in the NFL again. <_<