Rotoworld reports that JP Losman has received no known

JP will not sign with anyone until AFTER the draft. JP does not want to sign with a team and have them draft a good young QB. He wants to know where he stands in the organization before he signs.

That's what I thought....then Leftwich signed yesterday so not sure if that argument still holds water.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP will not sign with anyone until AFTER the draft. JP does not want to sign with a team and have them draft a good young QB. He wants to know where he stands in the organization before he signs.

Are you kidding me? Losman is in no position to turn down any offers at this point. If a team offered him a contract today he would sign in a heartbeat.

I agree with a lot of that.

But, and it's just a feeling I have, I think Fitz will make a better back-up QB than JP. I have a feeling he has the right mentality, and the smarts, to be a good #2.

You may be right, Fitz may have more of a "backup's mentality" than J.P. does. J.P. is still in the mindset that he should be a starter, and if he doesn't start he kinda gets lost mentally. Not that I would, but if I had a gun to my head and had to go into a season with one of the two as a starter, I would take Losman.

And you are the type of person who falls in love with guys like Losman, Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, etc. Sure, Losman has all the ability and is a way better athlete than Fitzpatrick. But in the pros, that doesn't matter. Physical talent works in college but you need a hell of a lot more than that to succeed in the pros.

I will say the Losman fans are a tough bunch. no matter how many times Jp screws up, they find an excuse for him. And for all the people who think Mularkey ruined, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and Matt Ryan think Mularkey's a great coach. it's not a good argument to blame a coach for a player's shortcomings when the only other QB he failed with is Joey Harrington.

And again, i don't hate JP. I wish him the best. his fan club are completely out of their mind but it would be interesting to see if Losman gets another shot. But it was just another terrible, terrible move by a terrible, terrible Gm in TD.

I never said I was in love with Losman, and I am not-note I said I was glad he was gone. The statement was more my astonishment in how fast they signed Fitzpatrick, when there are still-2 months later, better quarterbacks left on the market that could have been had for much less. Losman has all the tools to be successful if he could ever get the mental part of the game down, which is becoming increasingly doubtful. I just think he might have fared better had the coaching staff handled him better out of college. I bet you were probably the guy who wouldn't take his #7 jersey off while he was here, now you act like you hated him from the get go. It is easy to be an armchair quarterback when hindsight is 20/20!

This report, if indeed true, is likely to change. I never thought that JP was very good, but I do think that he is NFL worthy. Hey, Rob Johnson was given a shot by 3 teams after the Bills as I recall (Bucs, Redskins and Giants).

Imo, JP could perform as a capable backup qb on a very good team. He would probably have to start from ground zero in terms of learning the position. Good or no good, he was certainly not done many favors in terms of his career development from day 1.

This is possible, but he was pretty shot by the time he left Buffalo. That's all I was trying to say.

Are you crazy Rob Johnson needed a wall for an offensive line all JP needs is to be in an non-conservative offense if he was our QB this year he would be top 5 in the NFL. If he lands somewhere that he can compete for a starting job in a high powered offence you will see but because of the Bills he may not get that chance. You need to look at his numbers for passes greater than 20 yards. Maybe someday you will know what your talking about and you people will actually make sense. I can't stand reading all the garbage on these pages. Once in a while I see someone that might know what they are talking about but most of you sound like 12 year olds trying to talk football.

That's what I thought....then Leftwich signed yesterday so not sure if that argument still holds water.

NFL Network interviewed Leftwich yesterday. He specifically said HE wanted to be with a team before the draft.

Are you crazy Rob Johnson needed a wall for an offensive line all JP needs is to be in an non-conservative offense if he was our QB this year he would be top 5 in the NFL. If he lands somewhere that he can compete for a starting job in a high powered offence you will see but because of the Bills he may not get that chance. You need to look at his numbers for passes greater than 20 yards. Maybe someday you will know what your talking about and you people will actually make sense. I can't stand reading all the garbage on these pages. Once in a while I see someone that might know what they are talking about but most of you sound like 12 year olds trying to talk football.

OK Partner! :lol::P

:lol::P;)

Losman never had the mental makeup to be an NFL QB. It was obvious when he looked like a pop warner QB at the end of the New England game his rookie year. It is dis-concerting that the guy responsible for college scouting who made huge misses on headcases like Mike Williams and Losman is still in charge.

It was obvious when Meathead threw an untested and unreadied rookie QB against possibly the most dominant team in a situation where their pass rushers had their "ears pinned back" to kill the QB at a time when it would be impossible for any QB to succeed ... and to top it all off, JPL was the 3rd QB that day and Meathead bypassed our #2 and told JP to get in the game with no warm up time ...

Yeah, that obvious. He was set up to fail that day. Was it designed to teach him a lesson? I have no idea. But there are a million other things to bring up that were JP's fault in his career in Buffalo ... that first day against NE the fault belongs ALL to Meathead.

utter horsesht. losman is, was, and will be terrible. he sucks. he is a lang ball throwing coach killing sack of garbage qb. he's terrible.

The manbeast has some serious manlove for the pouty, hairy faced bust. :lol:

It was obvious when Meathead threw an untested and unreadied rookie QB against possibly the most dominant team in a situation where their pass rushers had their "ears pinned back" to kill the QB at a time when it would be impossible for any QB to succeed ... and to top it all off, JPL was the 3rd QB that day and Meathead bypassed our #2 and told JP to get in the game with no warm up time ...

Yeah, that obvious. He was set up to fail that day. Was it designed to teach him a lesson? I have no idea. But there are a million other things to bring up that were JP's fault in his career in Buffalo ... that first day against NE the fault belongs ALL to Meathead.

Then Losman should re-pay his salary for that year. A professional athlete making 7 figures should not look like that no matter what the situation is.

LOS-manbeast :lol:

If all it took to be a top QB in the NFL was the ability to land a bomb every once in a while and do nothing else well (like reading defenses), then maybe JP would succeed.