Josh Reed

I was just reading Tim Grahams blog and he has a list of all AFC East teams and the drops per WR. It shows that Josh Reed had 56 receptions last year and 0 drops. (Lee Evans only had 2 as well). I thought for over 50 receptions and no drops, that it was a pretty significant accomplishment. He has let his problems of catching ball remain in the past and has become a very dependable NFL WR. Nice job Josh!!! (Also, Royal and Lynch had the most at 7, and T.O. had 9 for the Cowboys)

He's a great, reliable slot receiver. He made a lot of great plays last year before he went down. You could tell Trent and the Bills offense really missed his presence.

If T.O. brings what he's capable of, Reed makes the Pro-Bowl this year. He's a natural slot/posession receiver. I beleive he'll have a Wes Welkerish campaign in '09.

If T.O. brings what he's capable of, Reed makes the Pro-Bowl this year. He's a natural slot/posession receiver. I beleive he'll have a Wes Welkerish campaign in '09.

He's a good posession receiver, but lets not get carried away. He doesn't have the speed that Welker does. He was a beast at Yards After Catch in college, but that hasn't translated thus far.

He's a very good blocker too, but I don't think that will translate to a ProBowl spot.

I see him more like a Hines Ward type year. Solid, dependable, blocks well, gets in the other guys face, draws the flag, keeps people fired up.

Easy there tiger. Props to Reed for getting over his drop problem (and he had a lot of them) but he doesn't have the natural ability to run in the open field like Welker. but he can be very productive there and I'm glad he won't be our #2 anymore.

I see him more like a Hines Ward type year. Solid, dependable, blocks well, gets in the other guys face, draws the flag, keeps people fired up.

Unfortunately, he's probably not going to get enough balls thrown at him, especially if we get a decent TE. Evans and TO are going to demand a lot of passes, as well as Lynch and Freddy out of the backfield. Not to say that Reed or Parrish or Hardy or Johnson can't be used effectively and be valuable. It's just doubtful that any of them will put up good numbers.

It is possible, however, if Shonert is any good, and the OL is any good, that Edwards will be able to keep the chains moving with passes to TO and Evans and Reed along with a decent running game. And in theory we will have more offensive plays and therefore more opportunities for Reed to put up some numbers, too. But that remains to be seen.

And I don't want to hijack this into another Peters thread, but if we go into the season with ZERO proven offensive linemen, including the entire left side of the line from the center over, we are not likely to be sustaining a lot of long drives. (I suppose one could say Walker is a proven OL but he's pretty good at best).

If by bringing what he's capable of means a complimentary ticket in the nosebleeds, then yes, T.O. can get Josh Reed to the pro bowl. If you mean what I think you mean, however, then you should stop what you're doing and go see a doctor right away.

Yea well, Reed is making up for the first part of his career with the Bills, I'd say they were extremely patient with him as other teams might have cut him after 4 years of the drops.

Reed had one year of the drops, maybe two if your stretch it,. And if you had paid attention, you would have realized it had little to do with his hands, and everything to do with his head. On most other teams, he would have been used better than he has as a Bill, and been far more productive, IMO.

josh reed is under appreciated and i think he will have a great year as the #3 in the slot

:devil:

Reed had one year of the drops, maybe two if your stretch it,. And if you had paid attention, you would have realized it had little to do with his hands, and everything to do with his head. On most other teams, he would have been used better than he has as a Bill, and been far more productive, IMO.

Yup. You don't win the Biletnikoff because you're an okay receiver.

Seems he was drafted to be a number two, but he is clearly a number three. A very good one, mind you. He is at is best working out of the slot and it really showed last year. The Bills used him well last year, IMO.

He figures to have a big year with Evans and TO drawing all the attention. I think he is gonna have an easy time out there and will make plays all year long. He is already a great slot receiver, but with the extra room he's gonna get, he'll do some serious damage out there. Can't wait to see it on the field.

Easy there tiger. Props to Reed for getting over his drop problem (and he had a lot of them) but he doesn't have the natural ability to run in the open field like Welker. but he can be very productive there and I'm glad he won't be our #2 anymore.

I think the reason that Welker is so good is due to him possessing a seemingly perfect combination of what Reed and Parish bring to the table - if only we could genetically fuse them together.

I think the reason that Welker is so good is due to him possessing a seemingly perfect combination of what Reed and Parish bring to the table - if only we could genetically fuse them together.

Welker does what he's told - runs to the middle of the field as some seconds of time goes by, crosses into the QBs vision, then after a catch, falls down and avoids getting crushed. That gets a positive gain and often moves the sticks for a first down, be it his reception or setting the table for a short attempt at same.

So simple...and chronically effective.

What part of Parrish's game does Welker possess?