Per PFT: Bills Shopping Parrish

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes alot of money. I'm not sure of the exact number but I remember it being alot when he signed his extension a couple years ago. He is by far the highest paid punt returner in the league. That being said I love Roscoe. Imagine if he had a defense that forced more punts. If he paid for Chicago, with that defense he would make Devin Hester look like nothing.

I really dont get all the Josh Reed love. I would rather cut reed, then trade Roscoe. No way does Roscoe get you more then a fourth round pick in a trade and I think we would be lucky to get that. I love the mans return ability. With that said whoever Bobby April puts back there has done well for us, so maybe he has another ace up his sleeve. Our other returns FJ will be the starting Rb for 3 games maybe more depending on injury. McKelvin will probably start atleast be the nickelback. Maybe we bring back fast Freddy ofcourse he is a WR too. A little lost on this one. I still think that outside Evans our wr are just middle of the pack. TO is 36 and we may be getting him just on past performance and name value, Hardy's hands looked like they where made out of stone and although I liked what Stevie Johnson did last year, I also liked Flip Johnson 20 years ago and thought he was going to turn into a stud. I think Roscoe is the only one besides LE that you know what you are getting all the others have too many questions. Keep Roscoe he was an ace on the ST which are the only thing that has worked for the Bills the last decade.

unfortunately, this would be a good move. Moving him for a late pick would give us the money to pay peters. We have plenty of guys who would punt return and do a decent job, Johnson and hardy will be better recieving threats than him, and we secure peters.

josh reed is a better reciever than parrish btw. Parrish can;t fight off a corner. He can only catch a very occasional deep ball

Just because he is better reciever then Parrish doesnt make him a good reciever, or more valuable to the team. JR gets 30 catches a year maybe, doesnt return kicks, and whines and pouts alot. Loosing RP hurts this team alot more then losing JR. Just because we have alot of bodies at WR doesnt mean they are any good(outside Evans, and TO if he can hold form at 36, and not cause trouble this year) outside that we have scrubs and some potential. I would rather keep RP for what he does then Josh Reed for what he doesnt.

Ugh. F-ck this team, man. Parrish is probably the best player on the entire roster at what he does...he's the only player who allows us to say, "we have the best in the league." This is beyond stupid.

I feel your anger on this one dude.

He makes alot of money. I'm not sure of the exact number but I remember it being alot when he signed his extension a couple years ago. He is by far the highest paid punt returner in the league. That being said I love Roscoe. Imagine if he had a defense that forced more punts. If he paid for Chicago, with that defense he would make Devin Hester look like nothing.

Well, he makes more than you or I do, yes, but at around $1M/year he makes a mere pittance compared to many of his teammates. And it's not like he's holding out, demanding a raise, and becoming a distraction. This is creating more of a problem than solving any sort of solution. "Beyond stupid" is an appropriate phrase here.

unfortunately, this would be a good move. Moving him for a late pick would give us the money to pay peters. We have plenty of guys who would punt return and do a decent job, Johnson and hardy will be better recieving threats than him, and we secure peters.

Dude, read all the previous posts. "We have plenty of guys." Great analysis. This has already been addressed.

And Parrish's contract has zero to do with Peters'. Jesus, do your homework dude.

josh reed is a better reciever than parrish btw. Parrish can;t fight off a corner. He can only catch a very occasional deep ball

That's unfortunately true. I still don't think that makes the best PR in the league expendable, though.

First kudos to me i said awhile back parrish will be gone, i think parrish and a 4th to kc for waters would be fantastic and i hear kc is interested, but we still need a rb and badly.

Yeah, kudos to you for being a !@#$ing retard. Wait until McKelvin is hurt and HE'S OUR STARTING CORNER. Then Fred Jackson will be returning punts getting half the yardage Parrish got and zero touchdowns and Youboty will be starting on the outside and getting abused. All because people are desperate for a 32 year old guard or a 4th round draft pick. I swear to God, some of you people...

Just because he is better reciever then Parrish doesnt make him a good reciever, or more valuable to the team. JR gets 30 catches a year maybe, doesnt return kicks, and whines and pouts alot. Loosing RP hurts this team alot more then losing JR. Just because we have alot of bodies at WR doesnt mean they are any good(outside Evans, and TO if he can hold form at 36, and not cause trouble this year) outside that we have scrubs and some potential. I would rather keep RP for what he does then Josh Reed for what he doesnt.

Josh Reed 2008 stats - 56 receptions 597 yards - 1 TD

He was basically a first down per reception WR for us last year who actually "catches" the ball. He may not be a game breaker, but for him to be able to finally play his natural position (slot) next year, he is more valuable on a play by play basis than Roscoe would be. Calling Johnson and Hardy scrubs is a pretty quick assumption since both were rookies last year... You're thinking individually rather than what they contribute to the "team".

I believe he'd be making $2m this year, not $1m, as stated above, but I could be wrong.

Roscoe is great at returning kicks, whoopie, but the Bills have bigger needs and if we can flip a pick we get for him to fill one of those needs, it's a no brainer....

Reed is a FAR better blocker than Parrish and is better on third downs. But it doesn't matter, this isn't between the two of them - there are 53 roster spots to go around, plently for both. We'll dress 5-6 WR's per game, so it's not an issue.

Yes ... thank God ... Yes :worthy:

I called this months ago .... Parrish is a waste of a roster spot and overpaid ... get a second for him and he is gone.

Yeah, except for the fact that the going rate is a FOURTH, not a SECOND. "Waste of a roster spot." You have no idea what you're talking about. Chris Ellis is a waste of a roster spot. C.J. Hawthorne is a waste of a roster spot. Jon Corto is a waste of a roster spot. The best PR in the league cannot be classified as such.

Ugh. F-ck this team, man. Parrish is probably the best player on the entire roster at what he does...he's the only player who allows us to say, "we have the best in the league." This is beyond stupid.

Depends on what they might get in return, but it's wrong that the Bills haven't been able to make him more productive as a WR. Someone could figure out how to do that if he's traded.

I believe he'd be making $2m this year, not $1m, as stated above, but I could be wrong.

Roscoe is great at returning kicks, whoopie, but the Bills have bigger needs and if we can flip a pick we get for him to fill one of those needs, it's a no brainer....

Yeah, it's a no brainer, but not the way you're thinking.

He's due $1M base salary, plus I think at some point he gets a $500,000 roster bonus. The three year extension he signed gave him $4.35M in guaranteed $$, I believe. He is currently signed through the end of the 2011 season, and unlike other certain players, appears to be happy with his contract. At most you're saving $1.5M.

Josh Reed 2008 stats - 56 receptions 597 yards - 1 TD

He was basically a first down per reception WR for us last year who actually "catches" the ball. He may not be a game breaker, but for him to be able to finally play his natural position (slot) next year, he is more valuable on a play by play basis than Roscoe would be. Calling Johnson and Hardy scrubs is a pretty quick assumption since both were rookies last year... You're thinking individually rather than what they contribute to the "team".

I see your argument but disagree. We will chalk this one up to differences of opinion. Good luck and have a great Easter.

How do you come up with this conclusion? Parrish is a great punt returner but as a wr he has shown himself to be useless/ Go look at the ststs and argue otherwise. He is a luxury item to carry on the roster as a single role player.

Yeah, it's a no brainer, but not the way you're thinking.

He's due $1M base salary, plus I think at some point he gets a $500,000 roster bonus. The three year extension he signed gave him $4.35M in guaranteed $$, I believe. He is currently signed through the end of the 2011 season, and unlike other certain players, appears to be happy with his contract. At most you're saving $1.5M.

Cool, thanks for the numbers.

I didn't mean it was a no brainer because of the money, moreso because of the fact we have other needs that, if left unfilled, would effect the team more than if we trade Parrish.

He seems to be the guy who is most expendible who also would draw "attention" from other teams. Lets face it, we aren't going to get the same return for guys like Kelsay, or even Hardy, at this point.

I like the guy as much as everyone else does, but looking at it from a business stand point, it just seems to be the logical thing to do, as unfortunate as it may be for Roscoe or the fans.

How do you come up with this conclusion? Parrish is a great punt returner but as a wr he has shown himself to be useless/ Go look at the ststs and argue otherwise. He is a luxury item to carry on the roster as a single role player.

He is hardly "useless" in the passing game. He's an excellent fourth option, or third if Reed is hurt (which tends to happen at least once every year). He's also not living up to his potential because of the spotty QB play we've had since he's been here (do you think Evans' stats would be as meager otherwise??). I looked up his stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/roscoeparrish/c...ts?id=PAR686635. His return numbers are off the charts. He's good for a PR touchdown every year, and when he was returning kicks too his average was incredible.

And let's be honest. Reed has never had even 600 yards receiving in his career. This disparity in the numbers isn't THAT large. It's not Jerry Rice vs. J.J. Stokes. Trading him is a terrible idea.

FWIW, in response to essentially the same argument, I posted a stat during the 2007 season from a site that has catch percentages for each receiver a couple of years ago (percentage of balls thrown to a receiver that were caught). According to that stat, Roscoe's hands were better than Evans'. I am too lazy to look it up right now.

The fact is the Bills hardly throw to him His hands are fine. When he gets the ball in his hands (whether returning punts or receiving), he can turn a game around or break it open.

He also has a very cap friendly deal.

The Bills would be stupid to trade him. Imagine the mismatches that we could create with him, TO, and Evans (not to mention Reed). The Bills should be salivating at what they could do with these weapons. Instead, we are shopping one of the best punt returners in the history of the game.

This is stupid. If they do trade him, it is highly likely they are going to look very stupid when he is playing for a team that knows how to use him.