Per PFT: Bills Shopping Parrish

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm indifferent on Roscoe, he's good but $4 million a year??

wtf are you talking about? He's due $1.5M this year. Sure, his signing bonus was too high, but trading him now doesn't help you there.

I'd take him at $4M over Donte Stallworth at $5M. And Berrian is only $7M/yr.

Pre-prison Donte', or post-prison Donte'?

Pre-prison Donte', or post-prison Donte'?

Does it matter? Before prison, he was almost totally invisible. Now he'll be gone completely.

The real point is there are plenty of average or worse WRs out there making the same or more coin. It doesn't make sense to compare NFL salaries in a vacuum or to Burger King salaries.

He didn't really play full-time as a WR in Miami except for one year and was great. In eight games as a starter he had eight TDs as a receiver, which is 8th on Miami's all-time single season list. He is a unique talent and needs to be used uniquely. he shouldnt be expected to play full time or put up huge numbers.

Ok, we should put one good season at the college level ahead of the fact that he only managed to be a regular at that level for 1 year......his coaches were dead wrong- he should have been playing the other three. The coaches have been cheating this Jerry Rice in waiting his whole life- they just don't like him.

OK

if he just returns punts he might be worth his cash.

if he can become a slot guy getting the ball 3 times a game as a WR/RB he would be great for us. still, can we do that with him? would we trade a pick from him for the TE from denver?

i think a TE getting 60+ balls would be worth more, but without that i think parrish is great.

add a pass rush and we might get an extra 1 to 2 returnable punts a game with a better D. parrish will break at least 5 of those extra 30 or so punts, maybe not all for scores, but at least for good field position.

For what it's worth, Dante Hall was a force until he hit 30 and seems to be more or less dead. He was traded from KC to St. Louis for a 5th round pick when he was 28. He had one solid season returning and then one poor season. He was talked about as a serious MVP candidate early in '03 (25 years old) when he had four touchdowns after four games. With that extra pick the Chiefs took RB Kolby Smith (who?).

Parrish, by contrast is 26, in his prime. Assuming 30 is the wall when KR's/PR's die, he's still got four great years left. Trading that for a Kolby Smith sounds absurd to me.