Per PFT: Bills Shopping Parrish

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God. I'm not even going to read what other people are writing (for which I apologize), but this is just plain stoopid. The only justification is as a cost cutting move, but the Bills aren't even near the cap. Penny wise and pound foolish yet again. I suppose Brandon considers Kiwaukee Thomas Mach II more valuable.

If they trade Roscoe for anything less than a 2nd round pick, I agree with you. But if he can net the Bills a starting OL, TE, LB, or DL, he is a luxury when the Bills have many other needs.

Pioli may want a Wes Welker type player.

They signed WR Bobby Ingram in the off season. He'll be the slot WR but I'm not sure if he'll handle any of the punt returns. If I remember correctly he did do some while he was in Seattle.

If they trade Roscoe for anything less than a 2nd round pick, I agree with you. But if he can net the Bills a starting OL, TE, LB, or DL, he is a luxury when the Bills have many other needs.

Roscoe is good for a win or two per season. He won us the Jax game in 06, should have won us the Denver game in 07, was central to winning the Seahawks game in 08, and was central to winning the Jax game in 08. Plus there were a ton of other great returns in between (Denver in 08). If you can find me a guard who makes that much of a difference, I'd love to know.

The bottom line: don't get rid of playmakers who don't cost much and don't gripe. Trading Parrish makes the team look like a wheel-spinning, froth-and-churn mediocrity always taking one step forward yet always moving one step back.

this makes no sense to me...the guy is one of the best punt returners in the league who also has a cap friendly contract...I dont want to hear they have McKelvin because as we learned last year you can never have enough talented return guys and with McKelvin most likely getting more regular playing time and already returning kickoffs there is no reason to not keep Roscoe as a punt returner

and as someone else pointed out I dont know why they dont use him more as a receiver in motion or coming across the middle, anything to get him running away from coverage and he's open

yes the Bills have a lot of receivers but how many of them are actually worth keeping besides the obvious? I like Steve Johnson but have any of the other young guys (Felton Huggins, Justin Jenkins or C.J. Hawthorne) shown anything?

The closest is Seattle's CB Josh Wilson who is the starting CB and full time KR but he's not the PR as far as I know.

Exactly. Each year there are a couple players who play full time and do one of them. McGee did it for us well for a few years. I think it is asking too much on both his body as well as his performance on the field late in the game to ask Leodis to play full time CB (who never comes out) plus full time PR plus full time KR. His defense would be the first to suffer.

this makes no sense to me...the guy is one of the best punt returners in the league who also has a cap friendly contract...I dont want to hear they have McKelvin because as we learned last year you can never have enough talented return guys and with McKelvin most likely getting more regular playing time and already returning kickoffs there is no reason to not keep Roscoe as a punt returner

and as someone else pointed out I dont know why they dont use him more as a receiver in motion or coming across the middle, anything to get him running away from coverage and he's open

yes the Bills have a lot of receivers but how many of them are actually worth keeping besides the obvious? I like Steve Johnson but have any of the other young guys (Felton Huggins, Justin Jenkins or C.J. Hawthorne) shown anything?

Exactly. And McKelvin is going to be a starter, so is McGee. What happens when they get hurt? Fred Jackson - the currently unsigned Fred Jackson, the not-nearly-as-elusive Fred Jackson - is going to return the ball?? If it ain't broke, don't fix it Buffalo!!

John Clayton... and the term punt return does not appear once

Roscoe Parrish, a Buffalo Bills second-round pick whose specialty of working out of the slot in three-receiver sets, may be slotted to a new job.

The Bills selected Parrish in the second round of the 2005 draft. He has six starts in four seasons, catching 97 passes for 1,052 yards and five touchdowns.

Roscoe is good for a win or two per season. He won us the Jax game in 06, should have won us the Denver game in 07, was central to winning the Seahawks game in 08, and was central to winning the Jax game in 08. Plus there were a ton of other great returns in between (Denver in 08). If you can find me a guard who makes that much of a difference, I'd love to know.

The bottom line: don't get rid of playmakers who don't cost much and don't gripe. Trading Parrish makes the team look like a wheel-spinning, froth-and-churn mediocrity always taking one step forward yet always moving one step back.

Steve Hutchinson. With him at LG, your team will be an elite team running the football. Run and stop the run. Wins football games. There are other great guards. Alan Faneca. Will Shields. Heck, even Ruben Brown, who was the bulldozer for nearly every third and short situation the Bills faced when he was here and won his battle more often than not...

Having an elite guard rather than a scrub does make a difference. Ask Shaun Alexander if losing Hutchinson and replacing him with Womack made no difference.

Not sure why you think the Bills would trade Roscoe for a guard though...

Steve Hutchinson. With him at LG, your team will be an elite team running the football. Run and stop the run. Wins football games. There are other great guards. Alan Faneca. Will Shields. Heck, even Ruben Brown, who was the bulldozer for nearly every third and short situation the Bills faced when he was here and won his battle more often than not...

Having an elite guard rather than a scrub does make a difference. Ask Shaun Alexander if losing Hutchinson and replacing him with Womack made no difference.

Not sure why you think the Bills would trade Roscoe for a guard though...

I was responding to a post above. Clearly, I'd trade Parrish for Hutchinson, but I was referring more to the 3rd-4th round grinder we'd most likely get for Parrish (if we're lucky) than a blue chipper.

I like the idea of Parrish, as another Wes Welker type, the only problem is, he isn't nearly as reliable with his hands, as Welker is. But, like everyone has said, I wouldn't want to trade him, just for the sake of trading him. His return game is spectacular. Jeez, it seemed like he and/or McKelvin accounted for most of our points, for stretches.

Dean... is that you?

:worthy: