Peters Update

BS graham is a freaking blogger who knows jack shi-. just stop acting like this guy is gill brandt. forget anything he says. last week he said we could not get a first rounf pick for peters this week he says it a first and a thirds the guy is a total nobody!

enough already the guy is clueless and knows nothing more than any of us do!

:thumbsup: Calm down over there guy. Tim gets PAID for what he does and that's write about football. He has REAL "sources" unlike these other turds who pop up with "sources from deep within". As Lori stated, he has access to people that we don't. I'd have to say that I'll likely take his word for it on most situations concerning the Bills over anyone else on this board :blink:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait make him sit and rot? We discovered his sorry fat ass can't we tell him no more money and then if he holds out keep him the pup list so he doesn't get credit for the year. Couldn't we technically ruin his career if he refuses to perform. I would take that over the draft picks at this point because this guy has NO SENSE OF LOYALTY! I know I sound like a prick but to me it is one of those "I brought you into to this world, I can take you out" situations.

We could but would that make the Bills a better team? Would Peters become more motivated to perform?

Would he then play for the love of the game or strictly for the cash? He is what he is from a personality perspective.

I think he is going to be moved by the Bills, I am not going to post on him anymore until he is moved because I think that we fans could influence some attitudes. His or others.

Do you have a PFWA membership card? (That stands for Professional Football Writers of America, by the way.) Me neither. Graham does, along with the phone numbers for every GM, and NFLPA-certified agent, in the league.

Just sayin'.

Don't waste your time. It's not worth it.

You're going a little overboard here. At one point he was a very impressive player for the Bills. Remember when he was on the kick coverage team and flying down the field. He was a freak of a physical specimen and they liked him & found a spot for him.

His problem now is he has let success go to his head & thinks he's better than he is and doesn't have to work at it anymore.

Save the POS comments for players that deserve it. JP??

Yeah,you're probably right. I just get a little heated when I talk about Peters. He's had these work ethic/attitude problems with his coaches going back to his college days. That's one of the reasons he wasn't drafted,even though he has outstanding athletic ability. Buffalo picked him up off the scrap heap and invested lots of time and money and helped him get to this point where he's worth millions. And he has repaid them with this behavior. And it's totally consistent with the way he was in college,the guy hasn't matured one bit. I just think if the FO gave him a new,long term contract,we would be going thru this again in a couple of years. I think the guys a bum and he should be traded.

I agree. This would be the most ideal scenario. Hopefully we would be able to get Philadelphia's earlier pick at #21, but if they include a 3rd as well, we would probably receive their 2nd pick in the 1st round at #28. Our draft could look something like this:

#11: T, Andre Smith, ALA

#28: DE, either Michael Johnson or Robert Ayers

#42: OLB, Clint Simtin, UVA

#75: OG, Herman Johnson, LSU

#85 (from Philadelphia): Trade it to the Broncos for TE, Tony Scheffler

We would get our replacement for Peters who would be a rookie, but based on Peters performance last year, Smith could equal Peters performance or better it. We would get our pass catching TE. Some depth at LB. Dockery's replacement at LG. And help at DE.

Gott say, Bob, these nice to have plans rarely work out the way that you want them, but I'd take yours in a heartbeat. Sent it in, will you?! :beer:

Trent Edwards getting slammed to the ground like a rag doll might not seem like a distraction to you, but it bugs the hell out of me and decisions like this could help ruin a young and promising QB's career so I hope our FO thinks long and hard about this one.

He just got picked for the Pro bowl the 2nd year in a row, geeesh!!! , as much as I dislike JP pay him what he's worth :beer:

If you don't want to see Edwards slammed to the ground like a ragdoll then perhaps you want this guy.

Age and 2008 Stats: 30 years old (1/3/79) - 16 Starts, 4 penalties, 6.25 sacks

He is Mike Gandy - Link www.revengeoftheredbirds.com

All this trade talk seems to be a bit euphoric. Has anyone actually offered a first and third? Or is this more fantasy football? An object whether its a football player or a house is only worth what someone is truly willing to pay for it.

All this trade talk seems to be a bit euphoric. Has anyone actually offered a first and third? Or is this more fantasy football? An object whether its a football player or a house is only worth what someone is truly willing to pay for it.

We won't know that unless/until something actually happens.

At this point just cut your losses and consider the first and third a boon. If he doesn't want to play for the team that helped him go from an undrafted free agent tight end to a pro bowl left tackle then to heck with him.

Who cares about Pro Bowls

Peters is overrated and will be overpaid if we let him stay

TAKE THE PICKS BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our O-line has too many holes already, adding another one is a recipe for disaster.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

Clayton today:

Q: It appears Jason Peters wants to be the highest-paid left tackle in the league. With two years left on his contract, the Bills clearly have the upper hand. Has any NFL player sat out two years? If so, how successful were they when they returned to action?

Marc in Pennsylvania

A: Don't worry about Peters sitting out the season. He's not going to miss many paychecks this year, but the Bills should consider what to do with him long term. He is one of the more talented left tackles in the league, but his contract problems are affecting his play. In two years, he will command top left-tackle money. The Bills can get maximum value if they trade him to a team such as the Eagles, but they would take a step back in the development of their offensive line. It's a tough choice. I'd consider trading, though. This is a good draft for offensive tackles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=4045394

We won't know that unless/until something actually happens.

that is my point, the thread started with this assertion and it may have very little reality to it. So MHO all of this talk is about like Granny Hawkins said in "Outlaw Josey Wales" worth DOODLY SQUAT!

that is my point, the thread started with this assertion and it may have very little reality to it. So MHO all of this talk is about like Granny Hawkins said in "Outlaw Josey Wales" worth DOODLY SQUAT!

The thread, started by me, said that from what Mark Gaughan said (answered YES when asked if he would be traded) and Tim said (involving into a situation where the Bills won't have a choice, they can get a first and third) that the trade was "likely"

Not once did I claim it was a done deal or anything like that. When you have reputable journalists with real sources telling us a trade is becoming likely, and not one journalist saying a deal for an extension is leaning towards happening, I think its fair to say that a trade is likely. That is all I said.

It appears the folks who can't accept the potential for Peters to be traded are attacking the thread instead of making arguments for why Peters "likely" WON'T be traded.

Again, I don't want Peters to be traded, but I also don't feel he deserves $12 million a season based on his 08 play.

Do you have a PFWA membership card? (That stands for Professional Football Writers of America, by the way.) Me neither. Graham does, along with the phone numbers for every GM, and NFLPA-certified agent, in the league.

Just sayin'.

I did...then I traded it for a Leif Larsen rookie card. :(

If the Bills trade Jason Peters, they are doomed. The TO experiment will fail because our O-line will be weak as pond water. TO will sign with a more prestigious team next year, the Bills will be loaded down with young, undeveloped talent that they will lose as soon as it starts to produce because they refuse to pay their players comparable salaries, the Bills will not make the playoffs any time in the next 3 years, Ralph Wilson will die and then the Bills will move to Toronto. If we trade Jason Peters, we deserve that fate.