Peters Update

My take on this situation is that the Bills should grant Peters his wish. Take the best deal you can get for the guy. This is a great deal for Buffalo. The guy was undrafted and now they can get a first round and maybe a third or fourth! He does not want to play in Buffalo unless he calls the shots. Get rid of his attitude. Now, sign Jon Runyan from Philly. He is a monster stud who can still play at a high level. Pay him what the Bears paid Pace (since we lost out on him), 3 years/$15 million. Buffalo needs to protect Edwards left side and Runyan, who has not missed a game in 9 years is a great addition to the Bills front line. Does anybody have Brandon's telephone number?

I agree with your post however, Runyan has been a RT his whole career.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peters is a lazy,selfish POS. Always has been. Trade him to the highest bidder.

You're going a little overboard here. At one point he was a very impressive player for the Bills. Remember when he was on the kick coverage team and flying down the field. He was a freak of a physical specimen and they liked him & found a spot for him.

His problem now is he has let success go to his head & thinks he's better than he is and doesn't have to work at it anymore.

Save the POS comments for players that deserve it. JP??

peters sucked the bag against miami, he was one on one vs porter and got SMOKED to allow a safety. you guys (bill in nyc) are all over gandy for getting beat in the super bowl vs the number 1 d in the nfl (while still throwing for over 400 yards) but think peters is good enough while getting trashed in our own division? he's not consistent enough to get #1 lineman in the nfl money.

Fantasy Football mentality.

My take on this situation is that the Bills should grant Peters his wish. Take the best deal you can get for the guy. This is a great deal for Buffalo. The guy was undrafted and now they can get a first round and maybe a third or fourth! He does not want to play in Buffalo unless he calls the shots. Get rid of his attitude. Now, sign Jon Runyan from Philly. He is a monster stud who can still play at a high level. Pay him what the Bears paid Pace (since we lost out on him), 3 years/$15 million. Buffalo needs to protect Edwards left side and Runyan, who has not missed a game in 9 years is a great addition to the Bills front line. Does anybody have Brandon's telephone number?

what wish are we talking about?

If you are talking about trading him, can you show me where he has stated he wishes to be traded?

I must of missed this wish.

Yeah...let's run him out of town and get .....gasp/orgasm...more draft picks! After all, who would want an undrafted player who in first five years in the league has successfuly converted to an offensive lineman, beat out a top-5 pick and established himself as a starter and made two Pro Bowls at the most important position on the offensive line? Not the people here who see contract negotiations as personal character tests. Here's a thought-if you did all of the aforementioned, you probably aren't a lazy SOB.

The insights into character by some of you remind me of when Bush told us how he looked into Putin's eyes and saw his soul. :thumbsup:

Hey,

let the guy sit out all year and then when he comes back in week 10, don't play him...see how that works for him for 2 years and how much he is worth after that...

i decided when i read the first post i would not comment until i read something like this. you're absolutely right. the bills are screwed because the only way this could end is either (a) we give away 10% of the cap to keep him and he plays like garbage, or (b) we get a couple of nice pick for him and we waste them on defensive backs or WRs.

i say we pick option c: let him rot in a fancy condo somewhere and hope he gets really fat.

although i see his point, in a way. he knows this team will never be good, so he wants out at all costs. i predict that wherever he winds up he will dominate. but if he stays here he'll suck.

and then ralph dies and leaves the bills to his daughter, who sells them to someone in Toronto for 1 billion dollars. the end.

i decided when i read the first post i would not comment until i read something like this. you're absolutely right. the bills are screwed because the only way this could end is either (a) we give away 10% of the cap to keep him and he plays like garbage, or (b) we get a couple of nice pick for him and we waste them on defensive backs or WRs.

i say we pick option c: let him rot in a fancy condo somewhere and hope he gets really fat.

although i see his point, in a way. he knows this team will never be good, so he wants out at all costs. i predict that wherever he winds up he will dominate. but if he stays here he'll suck.

and then ralph dies and leaves the bills to his daughter, who sells them to someone in Toronto for 1 billion dollars. the end.

I love good fairy tale endings

I don't want the deal to "suit me", I want a good deal for the 2nd most important position on the field. If Philly wants him I ask for both their 1's. I settle for their best #1 and their #2. No worse a deal than this.

that's the other thing...1st and THIRD? no way.

what if we trade peters to philly for there first and a third. We could get Everette Brown or Aaron Maybin at 11. And with phillys 21st pick we could get Brandon Pettigrew.and the second round we either take the best DT or the best OL avaliable

no way. they'll take a 5'9 receiver who has "great playmaking ability." and a defensive back.

Meanwhile, Edwards (and Fitzpatrick, because Edwards' next full season will be his first since ... high school? Did he have one there?) will get ragdolled because Peters is still eating up salcap space, leaving no room for a quality replacement.

Not that I expect a quality replacement either way. The last 10 years of Bills football have shown me the wisdom of always expecting the worst, so as not to be unduly disappointed when it happens, and pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

So it looks like Peters wants out of Buffalo, and there must be enough interest because Tim now says we can get first and third picks. He also mentions TE is a priority for the Bills.

Guess its not if, but when Peters will be traded.

W-S, NC: Tim, if the Bills should trade Peters, which team do you think would be most interested and what's fair compensation?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (3:37 PM ET ) Philly is mentioned most often because of their need and the fact they have the picks. A first-rounder and a third-rounder could get it done.

John(Buffalo): So basically you see the Buffalo Bills trading LT Jason Peters? Will we get a 1st rd pick for him atleast?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (3:40 PM ET ) I do see Peters bringing back a first-rounder. I wasn't convinced a few weeks ago, but the more people I speak with about it, the more that seems probable.

Robert (Latrobe, PA): So who will be stepping in for Peters after his probable trade?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (3:44 PM ET ) Excellent question. We're still trying to find out who'll be replacing Derrick Dockery. But this situation is evolving into a situation where the Bills have no choice. This isn't a decision that hinges on who the replacement will be.

char (NJ): if chad johnson was forced to stay in cincy...can't the bills use that as an example and force peters to stay?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (4:05 PM ET ) I have the strong impression Peters doesn't care about other examples. He's doing his thing.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25771

Peters wants MONEY!! Pay him and put performance clause in for big money....

So it looks like Peters wants out of Buffalo, and there must be enough interest because Tim now says we can get first and third picks. He also mentions TE is a priority for the Bills.

W-S, NC: Tim, if the Bills should trade Peters, which team do you think would be most interested and what's fair compensation?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (3:37 PM ET ) Philly is mentioned most often because of their need and the fact they have the picks. A first-rounder and a third-rounder could get it done.

John(Buffalo): So basically you see the Buffalo Bills trading LT Jason Peters? Will we get a 1st rd pick for him atleast?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (3:40 PM ET ) I do see Peters bringing back a first-rounder. I wasn't convinced a few weeks ago, but the more people I speak with about it, the more that seems probable.

Robert (Latrobe, PA): So who will be stepping in for Peters after his probable trade?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (3:44 PM ET ) Excellent question. We're still trying to find out who'll be replacing Derrick Dockery. But this situation is evolving into a situation where the Bills have no choice. This isn't a decision that hinges on who the replacement will be.

char (NJ): if chad johnson was forced to stay in cincy...can't the bills use that as an example and force peters to stay?

SportsNation Tim Graham: (4:05 PM ET ) I have the strong impression Peters doesn't care about other examples. He's doing his thing.

AGREED

He has worn out his welcome

BS graham is a freaking blogger who knows jack shi-. just stop acting like this guy is gill brandt. forget anything he says. last week he said we could not get a first rounf pick for peters this week he says it a first and a thirds the guy is a total nobody!

enough already the guy is clueless and knows nothing more than any of us do!

Fantasy Football mentality.

because offensive production doesn't count? you are becoming a cartoon character bill, you think any o lineman with talent is worth his weight in uranium, even if he is lazy, hurt, and an expensive malcontent.

your boi peters was at least as bad against miami as gandy was against pittz, and a call or two differently gets zona the bowl. left tackles are not as important as you think they are.

BS graham is a freaking blogger who knows jack shi-. just stop acting like this guy is gill brandt. forget anything he says. last week he said we could not get a first rounf pick for peters this week he says it a first and a thirds the guy is a total nobody!

enough already the guy is clueless and knows nothing more than any of us do!

Do you have a PFWA membership card? (That stands for Professional Football Writers of America, by the way.) Me neither. Graham does, along with the phone numbers for every GM, and NFLPA-certified agent, in the league.

Just sayin'.