Bears get Cutler! He goes to the NFC.

Fingon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broncos were smart to announce their intentions of trading Cutler by draft day. It created a frenzy and a bidding war. If the Bills really feel that they can't sign Peters long-term, they should do the same.

Maybe. But the only team rumored interested in Peters is Philly. If that's the case, no bidding war would break out. In addition, Philly drafts behind the Bills (21 and 28) so Buffalo would want to wait till their pick to assure one of the tackles is available before pulling the trigger on a Peters deal.

I don't remember posting anything about either player. I'm trying to figure out what you mean about me posting about them.

:lol:

Sorry, Tipster. 'Twas Astrobot I should have replied to...both of you are big contributors on draft-related things, and in haste I got confused.

:angry:

Hell no. Personally, I think Chicago just got boned big time. Denver admitted Cutler wasn't gonna be back. They didn't have much leverage at all. Orton's not that good but their bigger problems are lack of talent at receiver and a defense that looked real old.

Hey, it's a ballsy gamble that I would absolutely hate if I was a Bills fan. Especially for a QB that has never had a winning season in the pros or Chicago. It should be interesting though.

I'm a Trent fan so I would have been against it too.

Denver did have leverage in the form of a bidding war. It seems that Chicago and Washington were bidding against each other.

:lol:

Sorry, Tipster. 'Twas Astrobot I should have replied to...both of you are big contributors on draft-related things, and in haste I got confused.

:angry:

No problem. I'll go on record now saying that I don't want a LB with our 1st pick unless it's Aaron Curry and THAT'S not going to happen. I'm back on the Maybin bandwagon again but we got to get this Jason Peters issue resolved first or I'm jumping back on the Michael Oher wagon.

I'm a Trent fan so I would have been against it too.

Denver did have leverage in the form of a bidding war. It seems that Chicago and Washington were bidding against each other.

Good ole' Washington probably forced the issue with some insane proposal. They hate draft picks. Honestly, I think Chicago saved Washington from themselves. I think Campbell has potential and they are better served putting some talent around him.

People get on Ralph but at least it isn't a complete idiot like Synder.

When he was mentioned as a possible Bill, Cutler sucked.

Now everyone is doing their hosannahs over his leaving the AFC.

Trent's 1-0 against him. I wasn't that worried. But it is always good to have another pro bowl QB out of your conference.

When he was mentioned as a possible Bill, Cutler sucked.

Now everyone is doing their hosannahs over his leaving the AFC.

Hosannah, Hey Sannah

Sannah, sannah, hosannah,

Hey Sannah, Hosannah.

Hey J.C., J.C., won't you smile at me

Sannah, Hosannah, Hey, Superstar.

Tell the rabble to be quiet

We anticipate a riot.

This common crowd is much too loud.

Tell the mob who sing your song

That they are fools, and they are wrong.

They are a curse. They should disperse.

Hosannah, Hey Sannah

Hey Sannah, Hosannah.

Hey J.C., J.C., you're alright by me

Why waste your breathe moaning at the crowd?

Nothing can be done to stop the shouting.

If every tounge was still, the noise would still

continue.

The rocks and stones, themselves, would start

to sing...

Hosannah, Hey Sannah

Hey Sannah, Hosannah.

Hey J.C., J.C., won't you fight for me

Have a nice day!

The Bears got completely sheisted on this deal, IMO. Yeah they get Cutler and a 5th, but this year's 1st and 3rd with next year's firts and Orton? That's alot. I'm glad we didn't do anything that stupid. The Broncos can get some real talent with these picks. The Bears may have just screwed themselves in the long run.

Hosannah, Hey Sannah

Hey Sannah, Hosannah.

Hey J.C., J.C., won't you smile at me

Tell the rabble to be quiet

We anticipate a riot.

This common crowd is much too loud.

Tell the mob who sing your song

That they are fools, and they are wrong.

They are a curse. They should disperse.

Hosannah, Hey Sannah

Hey Sannah, Hosannah.

Hey J.C., J.C., you're alright by me

Why waste your breathe moaning at the crowd?

Nothing can be done to stop the shouting.

If every tounge was still, the noise would still

continue.

The rocks and stones, themselves, would start

to sing...

Hosannah, Hey Sannah

Hey Sannah, Hosannah.

Hey J.C., J.C., won't you fight for me

Have a nice day!

Saw the revival of that show in Rochester with the original (OK, not the "original") Judas and Jesus from the movie. Awesome!

Nice post!

".....and Orton". That's funny.

Think of how great the bears would have been 2 years from now if they hadn't traded those picks "and Orton".

Yup, good luck with your new Pro Bowl QB, Chicago Bears!

Good ole' Washington probably forced the issue with some insane proposal. They hate draft picks. Honestly, I think Chicago saved Washington from themselves. I think Campbell has potential and they are better served putting some talent around him.

People get on Ralph but at least it isn't a complete idiot like Synder.

Agreed. In the ten years Snyder has owned that team, they've won two more games than us and have had the same number of playoff appearances. Snyder is worse than Jerry Jones and that's saying a lot. Ralph's still a disappointment though.

Sorry but I need to be shown that Cutler was not a benefit of the system first. Win in Chicago and then I will believe he is a premier talent.

I am with ya. Not so much the system as much as the coach. He had argueably the greatest offensive minded coach in the league last year. Now he goes to Chicago, who historically has been a play good D and run the ball. I want to see him and Lovie together. Lovie is a very defensive minded conservative coach. Cutler has shown he he very immature and impatient. Hows that going to mix well? How many times is it going to take for Cutler to get pissed at running the ball on 3rd and six from inside his own 35?

Cutler is a 'gun slinger' type qb. Not sure if that is exactly going to fit well into the Bears very conseravtive approach to football the last 25 years. Just me playing devils advocate.

Hopefully it works out good for them. But not so sold on it.

I am with ya. Not so much the system as much as the coach. He had argueably the greatest offensive minded coach in the league last year. Now he goes to Chicago, who historically has been a play good D and run the ball. I want to see him and Lovie together. Lovie is a very defensive minded conservative coach. Cutler has shown he he very immature and impatient. Hows that going to mix well? How many times is it going to take for Cutler to get pissed at running the ball on 3rd and six from inside his own 35?

Cutler is a 'gun slinger' type qb. Not sure if that is exactly going to fit well into the Bears very conseravtive approach to football the last 25 years. Just me playing devils advocate.

Hopefully it works out good for them. But not so sold on it.

Try 100 years. Chicago is where QBs go to die.

".....and Orton". That's funny.

Think of how great the bears would have been 2 years from now if they hadn't traded those picks "and Orton".

Not saying Orton was the biggest part of the deal by any means, but he was part of it. Two 1st's and a 3rd is alot, and then there's Orton in the deal also. Is that better for you :lol:

Try 100 years. Chicago is where QBs go to die.

You are probably right. I am a young whiper snapper. Only 33. The 85 Bears were the first team besides the Bills i ever remember following. I got to go to the Super Bowl that year. Was a great day. And i will forever remeber Bourbon Street the nights before the game. My dad had to put his hand over my eyes a lot. But darn it still was fun for a 10 y/o kid.

Not saying Orton was the biggest part of the deal by any means, but he was part of it. Two 1st's and a 3rd is alot, and then there's Orton in the deal also. Is that better for you :lol:
Per Clayton the Bears gave two 1sts and Orton for Cutler and a 3rd.