Bears get Cutler! He goes to the NFC.

Fingon

The Broncos were smart to announce their intentions of trading Cutler by draft day. It created a frenzy and a bidding war. If the Bills really feel that they can't sign Peters long-term, they should do the same.

I suspect that Peters doesn't have enough suitors for this strategy to pay off. If their are only a few teams interested in Peters, an anouncement like that would only trap the Bills. Right now the possibility of us retaining him, works in our favor.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the Broncos trade up with us one slot when they know we are not going to take Sanchez? The only reason would be a preventative measure agaisnt someone else trading with us. Best bet is that they leap frog the 9ers

It's not the Broncos that could give us the pick, it is someone wanting to leapfrog the Broncos that they have to worry about.

Why would the Broncos trade up with us one slot when they know we are not going to take Sanchez? The only reason would be a preventative measure agaisnt someone else trading with us. Best bet is that they leap frog the 9ers

Here is the thing...the teams ahead of us are all looking at similar players we are, so for them to trade down they risk not getting their guy...they may not want to trade down.

And yes, Denver would trade up to keep someone else from doing, its happened many times in the past...

So Orton is there qb to start with prolly Sanchez waiting in the wings as his backup?\

And good luck cutler they have no recievers a good young running back and an overrated tightend in chicago, you had it made in denver.

Yes, then the question becomes (and perhaps for a different thread) would all those people who wanted Cutler in Buffalo be willing to have given up two 1sts, a 3rd, and Edwards for him?

I would have...we will get one of those first back when we trade Peters which seem inevitable at this point with them so far apart and no sign of budging...

Its 2 firsts and Orton. The Bears get Cutler and a 3rd.

Per John Clayton, ESPN:

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, along with a third-round pick in 2009.

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a fifth-round pick in 2009.

Yep.

I've been reading Tipster's thread about Cushing and Matthews.

Buffalo? A 1st round LB? Wouldn't THAT be a shocker! :angry:

I don't remember posting anything about either player. I'm trying to figure out what you mean about me posting about them.

What??? :lol:

They haven't picked a LB with their top #1 pick since Conlan in 1987.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...ype=roundbyteam

The only LB that I would have liked for the Bills to have drafted would have been Patrick Willis but of course hindsight is 20/20.

I don't remember posting anything about either player. I'm trying to figure out what you mean about me posting about them.

The only LB that I would have liked for the Bills to have drafted would have been Patrick Willis but of course hindsight is 20/20.

I think he's referring to Astrobot's thread.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=86233

Sorry but I need to be shown that Cutler was not a benefit of the system first. Win in Chicago and then I will believe he is a premier talent.

I agree 100%. I think Cutler is a good young QB but very overrated. Brian Griese and Jake Plummer had pro bowl seasons in Denver. John Elway throw 25 tds once in his career before Shanahan, but threw more than 25 in 3 of the 4 years he was with Shanahan. Cutler also had a great receiving core and a top 5 beast of a receiver. Chicago is where QBs go to die. If he proves his worth there, he is the real deal. But his fantasy stock took a major dive.

Yes, then the question becomes (and perhaps for a different thread) would all those people who wanted Cutler in Buffalo be willing to have given up two 1sts, a 3rd, and Edwards for him?

Hell no. Personally, I think Chicago just got boned big time. Denver admitted Cutler wasn't gonna be back. They didn't have much leverage at all. Orton's not that good but their bigger problems are lack of talent at receiver and a defense that looked real old.

Hey, it's a ballsy gamble that I would absolutely hate if I was a Bills fan. Especially for a QB that has never had a winning season in the pros or Chicago. It should be interesting though.