Michael Lombardi's First Round Mock Draft

I would be VERY surprised if Freeman went that high.

Freeman is surging up the boards lately, a la Jason Campbell and Alex Smith in years past. My problem with the trade is that it makes zero sense for the Jets. Why would the Jets leapfrog to 11 when none of the teams in-between would take Freeman?

Denver, Washington, New Orleans, Houston and San Diego all have established starters. True, Cutler is making a fuss in Denver and that could spice things up, but I seriously doubt they waste their #1 pick on a guy who could possibly start if Cutler maybe decides to hold out.

I'm all in favor of trading down, but a more realistic trade partner would be the Bears one pick below the Jets. If Dirty Sanchez and Stafford go in the top 10, the Bills could really hold a team over the coals for picks.

Freeman is surging up the boards lately, a la Jason Campbell and Alex Smith in years past. My problem with the trade is that it makes zero sense for the Jets. Why would the Jets leapfrog to 11 when none of the teams in-between would take Freeman?

Most of the mocks I've seen have the Bucs very interested, Apparently there is a ex-Kansas State coach now in Tampa, If both teams really WANT him the first team to trade up gets him, he wont last till the Jets pick.

Not sure the Jets trade with us maybe Denver @ 12, I could see Tampa moving to 11 tho to get Freeman.

Denver, Washington, New Orleans, Houston and San Diego all have established starters. True, Cutler is making a fuss in Denver and that could spice things up, but I seriously doubt they waste their #1 pick on a guy who could possibly start if Cutler maybe decides to hold out.

I'm all in favor of trading down, but a more realistic trade partner would be the Bears one pick below the Jets. If Dirty Sanchez and Stafford go in the top 10, the Bills could really hold a team over the coals for picks.

I wouldn't rule out Houston so fast. What exactly has Schaub done there?

I wouldn't rule out Houston so fast. What exactly has Schaub done there?

Other than the fact that he lead the Texans to becomming the NFL's 3rd-best offense last season, he ranked 7th in the league in QB rating, 4th in yards/game, 4th in completion percentage, 2nd in %age of first down throws completed.

Hope that answers your question.

Other than the fact that he lead the Texans to becomming the NFL's 3rd-best offense last season, he ranked 7th in the league in QB rating, 4th in yards/game, 4th in completion percentage, 2nd in %age of first down throws completed.

Hope that answers your question.

All of which has taken then from 6 wins before he arrived to 8 wins. WOW.

Pettigrew STARTS immediately, he improves BOTH the passing and RUNNING game, he is by far the most complete tight end in the draft......Mel Kiper ranks him 10th overall in talent......any DE drafted is a backup...... plus we would pick up the Jets second round pick (value 370) for moving from 11th (1250) to 17th(950). i would do this deal.

Pettigrew STARTS immediately, he improves BOTH the passing and RUNNING game, he is by far the most complete tight end in the draft......Mel Kiper ranks him 10th overall in talent......any DE drafted is a backup...... plus we would pick up the Jets second round pick (value 370) for moving from 11th (1250) to 17th(950). i would do this deal.

Both Atlanta and Philly want Pettigrew so watch out for either of those teams moving up to grab him if needed. From what I hear Philly actually covets the guy and will do whatever it takes to get him.

If we pass on Crabtree, trade down, then pass on Everett Brown to take a TE.

I'm killing someone.

Who picks before us that needs Crabtree? Are their any clubs that would trade up for Crabtree? I think we have more important needs than a WR right now, but he would be hard to pass up.

Personally, I think we should sign Sheffler and then focus our draft on DE/OL/LB's.

Schobel had a tough year, Im hoping he bounces back. Jason Ellison is the worst starting LB in the NFL. Chris Kelsay struggled which he will probably continue to do.