Michael Lombardi's First Round Mock Draft

Both Atlanta and Philly want Pettigrew so watch out for either of those teams moving up to grab him if needed. From what I hear Philly actually covets the guy and will do whatever it takes to get him.

Trade us their two first round picks to move up to 11 and they can have him. :thumbsup:

Who picks before us that needs Crabtree? Are their any clubs that would trade up for Crabtree? I think we have more important needs than a WR right now, but he would be hard to pass up.

Personally, I think we should sign Sheffler and then focus our draft on DE/OL/LB's.

Schobel had a tough year, Im hoping he bounces back. Jason Ellison is the worst starting LB in the NFL. Chris Kelsay struggled which he will probably continue to do.

I love trading for Scheffler for sure.

I also like a couple of these TE's in round 2-3. But not in round 1.

Keith Ellison might eb even wrose than Jason.

As for Crabtree. He's a stud. He's like a Braylon Edwards or Larry Fitz to me. He's such a proven playmaker that I'd take him in a heartbeat at #11. Owens is no spring chicken, and even if he has a great year, it's a 1 year deal and I'll be you Bills season tix that he has a no franchise tag clause.

So grab Crabtree. trade Parrish (we can fill the PR hole with Leodis or Jackson or a few others), make him the top backup to Owens and let him learn. Chances are we need a WR again next year anyway.. and we'd have a hell of a good one.

That being said... i think he's ong gone by then.

Freeman is surging up the boards lately, a la Jason Campbell and Alex Smith in years past. My problem with the trade is that it makes zero sense for the Jets. Why would the Jets leapfrog to 11 when none of the teams in-between would take Freeman?

Denver, Washington, New Orleans, Houston and San Diego all have established starters. True, Cutler is making a fuss in Denver and that could spice things up, but I seriously doubt they waste their #1 pick on a guy who could possibly start if Cutler maybe decides to hold out.

I'm all in favor of trading down, but a more realistic trade partner would be the Bears one pick below the Jets. If Dirty Sanchez and Stafford go in the top 10, the Bills could really hold a team over the coals for picks.

It would probably come to the point where the Bills would pit their offer against another one to drive up the cost. That's why they'd have to go with us and not Denver. SF probably won't trade the pick, since they need help bad, so we're next in line.

Freeman is surging up the boards lately, a la Jason Campbell and Alex Smith in years past. My problem with the trade is that it makes zero sense for the Jets. Why would the Jets leapfrog to 11 when none of the teams in-between would take Freeman?

Denver, Washington, New Orleans, Houston and San Diego all have established starters. True, Cutler is making a fuss in Denver and that could spice things up, but I seriously doubt they waste their #1 pick on a guy who could possibly start if Cutler maybe decides to hold out.

I'm all in favor of trading down, but a more realistic trade partner would be the Bears one pick below the Jets. If Dirty Sanchez and Stafford go in the top 10, the Bills could really hold a team over the coals for picks.

The idea of leap frogging up would be to keep him from someone below them who want him. There are a few teams right after the Jets that could have serious interest in him, and if they know the Jets are going to take him they will try and trade up to get him. So the Jets trading up would be to insure they get their guy...