Larry, Moe, and Curley

/dev/null

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed. However it may be a little too much to expect. Its like trying to re-do the Godfather or Potemkin. There are some roles that the great actors make their own and anyone trying to reprise the role does so at great risk. Hamlet after Olivier? suicide. I'm sorry...Curly Larry and Moe were, when all is said and done, Curly, Larry and Moe. It would be a shame to see three quite good actors go down trying to step into the shoes of the giants.

but they said it wasnt a bio pic, rather a movie about the antics around the stooges...and with the ferrely brothers at the helm, and these 3 actors tapped, i bet it could be a very interesting movie

I'm impressed. However it may be a little too much to expect. Its like trying to re-do the Godfather or Potemkin. There are some roles that the great actors make their own and anyone trying to reprise the role does so at great risk. Hamlet after Olivier? suicide. I'm sorry...Curly Larry and Moe were, when all is said and done, Curly, Larry and Moe. It would be a shame to see three quite good actors go down trying to step into the shoes of the giants.

Hit the nail on the head! :censored:

i think id rather see Drew Carrey as Curly rather than Jim Carrey

Better choice!

Why does Hollywood always feel the need to mess with a good thing? :blush:

And the Three Stooges are one of the best things of all. You can find some clips on YouTube.

It's like trying to re-make Casablanca, Gone With The Wind or a Marx Brothers movie. Those guys were it. They were the comedy, they didn't embellish the script they were the script. People may have written words for them but nobody could ever make it work like they did.

Legalize Shemp!

Why does Hollywood always feel the need to mess with a good thing? :D

And the Three Stooges are one of the best things of all. You can find some clips on YouTube.

It's not the full film but it still is a lot of one of the greatest films made. IMO.

All their Hitler spoofs were great. :blush:

OT, but Leon Schlesinger wouldn't let his cartoonists make anti Hitler cartoons because he didn't know who would win this thing. :censored:

It's not the full film but it still is a lot of one of the greatest films made. IMO.

All their Hitler spoofs were great. :blush:

OT, but Leon Schlesinger wouldn't let his cartoonists make anti Hitler cartoons because he didn't know who would win this thing. :censored:

Note that this was made in 1941, before the US was involved in the war, and the year after "The Great Dictator", IMO one of the best films ever made, was released.

And, as most of us know, Larry, Curly and Moe were all Jewish. :D

Note that this was made in 1941, before the US was involved in the war, and the year after "The Great Dictator", IMO one of the best films ever made, was released.

And, as most of us know, Larry, Curly and Moe were all Jewish. :censored:

The Great Dictator is one of the greatest films ever. That ending speech by Chaplin is timeless. Too bad the film had a luke warm response back then

Actually, I think this has a chance to be very funny. I can't think of anyone better than the Farrelly Bros. to pull this off. I can really see Benecio Del Toro being great as Moe--it kind of makes me laugh just picturing it. I am of course a little worried about Sean Penn once again going "full retard."