Larry, Moe, and Curley

/dev/null

Hit the nail on the head! :thumbsup:

When i nod my head, you hit it with the hammer.

I was at the Strong Memorial Hospital as part of a NSF grant a few years ago. A friend and I would walk the halls saying-"Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Doctor Howard" The Rochesterians were not amused.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a great idea. This is not the same as the original actors coming back to make yet another sequel which would tarnish a solid brand. The Stooges were forced to re-cast several times and I'd argue that most people feel they never regained their true charm after Curly left. And some of their later stuff was very bad.

Whether or not this idea bombs will have nothing to do with The Stooges legacy. If it sucks, it will be just another failed version of the original. And if it's great, AWESOME! Look at the new Batman series, or the new Star Trek movie coming out. If Star Trek sucks, it doesn't affect peoples' perception of the Original Cast, TNG, DS9, etc. It's just a new version.

I'd think people would be more receptive to the idea of re-issued popular product vs. the alternative of nothing.

Why does Hollywood always feel the need to mess with a good thing? :wallbash:

Because all the producers, directors, writers, even the key grip...all coke-addled meatheads. They have completely run out of ideas. The best thing for hollyweird would be a nice, toasty wildfire that burns for a week or two and incinerates all the movie and television studios.

:D

I'd think people would be more receptive to the idea of re-issued popular product vs. the alternative of nothing.

Why are the only alternatives remakes or nothing? God forbid people put their money and creative efforts into creating something new.

its the farrelley brothers for christs sake....hell they took the odessey and turned it into something new(O Brother Where Art Thou)....give em a chance....don't prejudge...I am putting my money on something good

Why are the only alternatives remakes or nothing? God forbid people put their money and creative efforts into creating something new.

its the farrelley brothers for christs sake....hell they took the odessey and turned it into something new(O Brother Where Art Thou)....give em a chance....don't prejudge...I am putting my money on something good

I'm not prejudging, and I am about 50-50 on Farrelley Bro's movies. (I think, on the whole, they are a little overrated.)

If you read my post, I was asking a specific question about a specific statement.

i was just kidding....but still gonna give them the benefit of the doubt, and if you are gonna do it, he picked a pretty strong trio of actors to do it with

I'm not prejudging, and I am about 50-50 on Farrelley Bro's movies. (I think, on the whole, they are a little overrated.)

If you read my post, I was asking a specific question about a specific statement.

Maybe I didn't explain my point very well, Deano. My comment referred only to remakes. My "reissued popular product vs. nothing" wasn't meant to mean we should be happy with recycled goods over new, fresh ideas. All I was trying to convey was that I'd rather a new version of something I loved come out (The Three Stooges) than not have anything on them come out at all.

If I'm a huge fan of the "Alien" series (the Sigourney Weaver movies, I mean), then I'm happy when they make a new Alien vs. Predator movie. It's probably going to be a disaster, but I'd rather roll the dice there than never see new material in that story again.

Does that make sense?

And of course, I'd rather new, creative ideas come out before they resort to recycles. My comments were aimed more at the "why ruin a good thing?" crowd. I don't see how this ruins anytihng and it has the potential to add to the legacy.

O'Brother Where art Thou was a Coen brothers film. TSAM is the Farrelly's best film and the rest are mediocre at best.

A groundbreaking thing comes along and the TV people rush to copy it. In most cases it's a very pathetic attempt. (i.e. Fish Police.)

oh damn you are right....dumb and dumber is farrelly isnt it....ruh roh....i may back off my statements previously made...although farrelly bros do a nice job for the lowest common denominator crowd like myself...movies that you don't have to look to deep to get the job..

O'Brother Where art Thou was a Coen brothers film. TSAM is the Farrelly's best film and the rest are mediocre at best.

I always hated the old Three Stooges...having Jim Carey involved will assure that I hate the new Three Stooges as well!

You hate the three stooges?

Get Out!

It's THE STOOGES man! Do you understand that? THE STOOGES!!!!!!

Does the bible need something new?

What about these mooks redoing Monty Python & The Holy Grail? Would you stand for that?

I am appalled by the lack of historical understanding around this place.

Hey--I got it...let's rewrite the Gettysburg Address!

It's THE STOOGES man! Do you understand that? THE STOOGES!!!!!!

Does the bible need something new?

What about these mooks redoing Monty Python & The Holy Grail? Would you stand for that?

I am appalled by the lack of historical understanding around this place.

Hey--I got it...let's rewrite the Gettysburg Address!

They're remaking Monty Python and the Holy Grail??? :unsure:

What is this world coming to?

Hit the nail on the head! :unsure:

Better choice!

It's like trying to re-make Casablanca, Gone With The Wind or a Marx Brothers movie. Those guys were it. They were the comedy, they didn't embellish the script they were the script. People may have written words for them but nobody could ever make it work like they did.

Legalize Shemp!

F'n A!!! Is someone going to remake the Mona Lisa next? Rewrite Moby Dick? Sing Sinatra? Perfection should be left alone.

It's funny how people say that Hollywood sucks and has run out of ideas. Hell I'm the conductor of that orchestra. But you know if you think about it Hollywood has always been that way. Even in it's heyday. They constanty remade movies. And if they were not remaking something they were just making a movie out of some book.

But for some reason I'd rather watch a 1940 remake of The Thief of Bagdad (original was 1924 with Douglas Fairbanks) than a 2009 remake of the beloved stoogies staring......Sean Penn????? :rolleyes: