Report: Chiefs TE Gonzalez wants trade

UBinVA

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you imagine the impact if the Bills pulled this off? Now this would sell some seats and give TE some weapons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9376864...-trade?MSNHPHMA

I would love this to happen, but it simply is not going to. We had the best offer for him last year and KC was going to pull the trigger, but Gonzo negged the deal. No way he wants to come now. Only way he changes his mind is if he thinks TO is a good addition and will get along with him, but I highly doubt it. He wants a big market team so he can get lots of endorsement deals to put his face on.

I would love this to happen, but it simply is not going to. We had the best offer for him last year and KC was going to pull the trigger, but Gonzo negged the deal. No way he wants to come now. Only way he changes his mind is if he thinks TO is a good addition and will get along with him, but I highly doubt it. He wants a big market team so he can get lots of endorsement deals to put his face on.

I don't think that was the case at all. TG is at the end of his career and has played in KC. He isn't after the big market or endorsements at this time. He jsut wants to win. There was talk that he would have went to Green Bay but the deal got nixed. If he is willing to go to GB, it is not about exposure. Buffalo, unfortunately, hasn't been a winner fro a decade and isn't the spot a vet would go to if they wanted to win.

Could you imagine the impact if the Bills pulled this off? Now this would sell some seats and give TE some weapons.

Evans

Owens

Gonzalez

WOW!

The Gonzales "pipe dream" needs to be buried. They should even block any and every thread that talks of the Bills trading for the guy. They should even have something that automatically substitutes the words with symbols and punctuation marks just like when you mention other Bills' sites :nana:IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. PERIOD. Put it to rest. Nothing against you my fellow Virginian, nothing at all. We've just beaten this horse to death since about week 3 of last season.

I don't think that was the case at all. TG is at the end of his career and has played in KC. He isn't after the big market or endorsements at this time. He jsut wants to win. There was talk that he would have went to Green Bay but the deal got nixed. If he is willing to go to GB, it is not about exposure. Buffalo, unfortunately, hasn't been a winner fro a decade and isn't the spot a vet would go to if they wanted to win.

I don't think any of us knows his motivations and reasons, but I tend to think like you, on this matter. Actually, it's probably a combination of the two forces...bigger city, and better team.

But, if I were the Bills, I'd take my best shot to try to convince him. Unlike the previous attempt during the season, there is no ticking clock, right now. Like most here, I agree that it is very unlikely...but sometimes you have to take your shots. It costs virtually nothing to try again.

The Gonzales "pipe dream" needs to be buried. They should even block any and every thread that talks of the Bills trading for the guy. They should even have something that automatically substitutes the words with symbols and punctuation marks just like when you mention other Bills' sites :nana:IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. PERIOD. Put it to rest. Nothing against you my fellow Virginian, nothing at all. We've just beaten this horse to death since about week 3 of last season.

Who knows, maybe he did not want to come to Buffalo because of Royal (or royal pain in asses here). I added Tony to my signature so each and every post will have it mention we ought to trade for him. :lol:

P.S. Take Midol for your PERIOD.

I don't think any of us knows his motivations and reasons, but I tend to think like you, on this matter. Actually, it's probably a combination of the two forces...bigger city, and better team.

But, if I were the Bills, I'd take my best shot to try to convince him. Unlike the previous attempt during the season, there is no ticking clock, right now. Like most here, I agree that it is very unlikely...but sometimes you have to take your shots. It costs virtually nothing to try again.

Well it is my hope that any front office person we have is always trying to see what it would take to make any deal. It won't hurt. however, the team needs to decide if they are just going all in for this season or still trying to position the team for the future. TG is still maybe the best TE in football but how many years does he have left? Is it worth throwing away a potential 3rd rounder and maybe impact player for 5 years?

Of course after a decade drought, I say go big or go home.

Well it is my hope that any front office person we have is always trying to see what it would take to make any deal. It won't hurt. however, the team needs to decide if they are just going all in for this season or still trying to position the team for the future. TG is still maybe the best TE in football but how many years does he have left? Is it worth throwing away a potential 3rd rounder and maybe impact player for 5 years?

Of course after a decade drought, I say go big or go home.

That's what I'm thinking. Draft one of the many quality TEs later in the draft, or get one next year (I don't know what next year looks like for TEs)...they'll be the future.

you can start by spelling his name right

Who knows, maybe he did not want to come to Buffalo because of Royal (or royal pain in asses here). I added Tony to my signature so each and every post will have it mention we ought to trade for him. :nana:

P.S. Take Midol for your PERIOD.

if the cost is a 3rd i'd rather see it used in the draft on a TE......if the chiefs will take less then we're talking

perhaps gonzalez and waters for a 3rd? that might work......i'm sure poili is eager to get some draft picks in for his rebuilding effort, especially after burning his 2nd on cassell/vrabel

I would love Gonzalez but does anyone seriously think it would work with TO, Gonzo & Evans. There's not enough ball to go around. This move would seriously raise the chances of a TO meltdown.

That seems to be the obvious answer, but we should also keep in mind that TO very much wants to win a Super Bowl before hanging up the turf shoes. First, I think TO and TG would be willing to take part in an offense that really spreads the ball around if it meant a legit chance at a championship. Second, it we were to acquire TG, the overhaul of the offense would become even more immense, finding ways to get even more passes in the air. At least one of the big three would be open every play -- or our running backs would have lanes all the way to the endzone.

the guy is nowhere what he used to be but he would upgrade the TE position.

I am sure he is not what he use to be. But last seasons he still grabbed 10 touchdowns, more than 1,000 yards and nearly 100 catches.

All of those numbers were better than Evans. As a matter of a fact, Evans has never had that many TDs or catches in one season, and only once did he slightly have more receiving yards.

Lastly, Gonzalez said he is not actively seeking to be traded, adding he remained neutral on the matter.

“I’m just going with the flow,” Gonzalez said Tuesday.

That's what I'm thinking. Draft one of the many quality TEs later in the draft, or get one next year (I don't know what next year looks like for TEs)...they'll be the future.

Gonzalez can block. So can Pettigrew. All the "many quality TEs later in the draft," not so much.

Note that in the article, Gonzalez stated that if the right offer came from THE RIGHT TEAM, he would be open to a trade.

There were reports last year, that the Bills were making a decent offer, but Gonzalez refused by stating that he did not want to play in Buffalo.