Report: Chiefs TE Gonzalez wants trade

UBinVA

I think TG would be a much needed boost to the offence. TE has been a non-existent position for too long. Royal may have been a good blocking end but I saw too many passes bounce off his chest. Signing Owens indicates that, at least on the surface, there is an attempt to fill the offensive holes that have been apparent for many years. You need more than one deep threat; you also need some big slot guys to get the yac yards. While I am most definitely a layman, my view is that you need to pay for an experienced TE, like they tried to do with Royal. You can't hope to get lucky in the draft. I was stoked when JP was drafted but became bitter when he was thrown to the wolves. I think he could have been great. With a few notable exceptions, draft picks need to be moved into position, not thrown.

Peters wants $11.5 million, big mistake. He was good, but showed up out of shape last year, which speaks volume to character and, and I know I will get flamed for this, was more of a liability than an asset and certainly not pro bowl material. Ralph needs to spend money in the right areas and ultimately that is in the ones that fills the most number of seats. An experienced TE opens things up a little more.

TO has already brought a Monday Night opener, not too shabby.

Imagine what Gonzalez could bring.

Why can't Buffalo be America's team?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I think TG would be a much needed boost to the offence. TE has been a non-existent position for too long. Royal may have been a good blocking end but I saw too many passes bounce off his chest. Signing Owens indicates that, at least on the surface, there is an attempt to fill the offensive holes that have been apparent for many years. You need more than one deep threat; you also need some big slot guys to get the yac yards. While I am most definitely a layman, my view is that you need to pay for an experienced TE, like they tried to do with Royal. You can't hope to get lucky in the draft. I was stoked when JP was drafted but became bitter when he was thrown to the wolves. I think he could have been great. With a few notable exceptions, draft picks need to be moved into position, not thrown.

Peters wants $11.5 million, big mistake. He was good, but showed up out of shape last year, which speaks volume to character and, and I know I will get flamed for this, was more of a liability than an asset and certainly not pro bowl material. Ralph needs to spend money in the right areas and ultimately that is in the ones that fills the most number of seats. An experienced TE opens things up a little more.

TO has already brought a Monday Night opener, not too shabby.

Imagine what Gonzalez could bring.

Why can't Buffalo be America's team?

Welcome aboard supergenious, and when it come's bringing TG into Buffalo I think it is a supergenious idea :thumbsup:

I'll repeat my post from another thread:

Tony Gonzalez's professionalism, experience and leadership is exactly what this team needs.

I've done a one eighty on the idea of TG coming here because we have needed a TE in what seems like forever and to bring the best TE into Buffalo would really go a long way in restoring everyone's confidence and assuring them this isn't just a long shot TO quick fix we are doing here, we are trying to build a Championship caliber ball club.

You want a shot at getting TG here? Then get Trent Edwards to call him and ask him in person because its probably the only thing that will work and its really that simple.

"Tony will you help me take my team to the Superbowl" Get er done TE

He already vito'd a trade to us. Why would he re-consider? He vito'd the deal when we were playing well, after the tank-job we did he's not dumb enough to wanna come here. He wants a legit shot at a SB. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats made a play for him seeing how they have all those draft picks.

He already vito'd a trade to us. Why would he re-consider? He vito'd the deal when we were playing well, after the tank-job we did he's not dumb enough to wanna come here. He wants a legit shot at a SB. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats made a play for him seeing how they have all those draft picks.

I doubt they'd offer more than a 4th rounder for TG, considering that's all it took for them to get Moss.

Guest dog14787
lol, the Raiders got hoodwinked on that one. Pioli is a lot smarter than Davis.

I just caught a glimpse of it on the bottom of an ESPN channel as I was switching channels, but I thought it was reporting TG has not asked to be traded and is under contract by KC.

Just seen it again and it sounds like the Chiefs have zero intentions of dealing TG