not all bills need night life

AP report on the floods in ND-Not far away, near a home in south Fargo, Phil Hansen handled sandbags as easily as Addy.

Hansen grew up in North Dakota, then went on to play pro football for the Buffalo Bills. In his playing days, Hansen teamed with Bruce Smith to form one of the NFL's best pass-rushing duos.

On Tuesday, Hansen's mouth was bloody from the work.

"I bit my tongue, and I haven't stopped bleeding for two hours," said Hansen, who now lives in nearby Detroit Lakes, Minn. "It feels good to help, though." :nana:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP report on the floods in ND-Not far away, near a home in south Fargo, Phil Hansen handled sandbags as easily as Addy.

Hansen grew up in North Dakota, then went on to play pro football for the Buffalo Bills. In his playing days, Hansen teamed with Bruce Smith to form one of the NFL's best pass-rushing duos.

"I bit my tongue, and I haven't stopped bleeding for two hours," said Hansen, who now lives in nearby Detroit Lakes, Minn. "It feels good to help, though." :nana:

Hanson was the "unsung hero" or our line. He was the worker, Bruce Smith was the superstar. Hanson gave hils all for the team but he was always over-shadowed and he didn't care.

exactly, these boys should be focusing on football, not knockin up the local buffalo girls, hell i dont need good night life anymore either

Well, could you enlighten us?

Remember, you are the one who felt compelled to write a post

telling us he is a jerk.

Well...back in 1999 there were about 20 of us who made the trip to Cincinnati for a December game. On the Saturday night before the game we went to a local eating establishment to fill our stomachs before a night of heavy drinking. Well, we are all there (all of us sporting Bills paraphernalia) sitting at 2 tables and in walks Hansen, Lingner, and 2 other Bills whom I cannot recall. Well, don't Lingner, and the 2 other Bills stop by our table and say hi, ask us where we are from and thank us for supporting the team on the road. Hansen, well shot us a look, kept walking and sat down by himself. I know, not the biggest reason to label him a jerk, nonetheless, I felt it was classless considering the other 3 did stop. I just felt like it was a bit arrogant.

Well...back in 1999 there were about 20 of us who made the trip to Cincinnati for a December game. On the Saturday night before the game we went to a local eating establishment to fill our stomachs before a night of heavy drinking. Well, we are all there (all of us sporting Bills paraphernalia) sitting at 2 tables and in walks Hansen, Lingner, and 2 other Bills whom I cannot recall. Well, don't Lingner, and the 2 other Bills stop by our table and say hi, ask us where we are from and thank us for supporting the team on the road. Hansen, well shot us a look, kept walking and sat down by himself. I know, not the biggest reason to label him a jerk, nonetheless, I felt it was classless considering the other 3 did stop. I just felt like it was a bit arrogant.

What I think is funny is how we as fans think these players are the nicest guys, but

it turns out they may be total jerks. The media plays up their image, and we buy

what they are selling us.

Not saying Hansen was a jerk or not, but that was kinda lame he didn't stop by with

the other players.

There could have been other reasons why he did that. That doesn't make him a jerk. A jerk would have took a leak in your beer and said "have a nice day."

PTR

Maybe he was the one who got stuck "holding" their table. :thumbsup:

WAH Phil Hansen didnt say hi to me...WAH everybody else came over and said hi....WAH he gave me what I thought was a dirty look...WAH I think that everybody should interupt what they are doing to come say hi to me

Hansen has two options in your story, be the nicest guy ever and you write about how he is the nicest person in the world, or two he goes and sits down to eat HIS DINNER, on GAME NIGHT...yeah he was a huge ass...no need to go around calling people names over a silly story

Besides there are too many good stories about players being really huge a-holes to waste time on this one

WAH Phil Hansen didnt say hi to me...WAH everybody else came over and said hi....WAH he gave me what I thought was a dirty look...WAH I think that everybody should interupt what they are doing to come say hi to me

Hansen has two options in your story, be the nicest guy ever and you write about how he is the nicest person in the world, or two he goes and sits down to eat HIS DINNER, on GAME NIGHT...yeah he was a huge ass...no need to go around calling people names over a silly story

Besides there are too many good stories about players being really huge a-holes to waste time on this one

I can do whatever I want dipshit