All Throwbacks in opening game vs Pats

zow2

So I'm assuming New England, being the home team will wear their Red jersey's w/ the standing Patriot on their white helmets (hiking the football). Those remind me so much of Steve Grogan throwing bombs to Stanley Morgan in the late 70's-early 80's on that Astroturf in Foxboro.

Anyway, if that's the case Buffalo would have to wear White throwback road jersey's for the first time. We have not seen those yet. Let's hope all that throwback karma will keep the team from getting blown out on MNF.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thats fugging great. Not only are we going to get ass-whooped again on prime-time, and not only to start the season, but now we have to watch them in these faux-Lions uniforms in the process.

I can hear fuggin Kornheiser now in the 4th when the score is 56-10..." Are those the Lions out there? Sure looks like them!" (chuckle chuckle from the other two).

Not likely the Bills will feature their original uni's (light blue & gray). I think we'd have heard about it by now as teams must submit uni changes to the league a year in advance. While I'd love to add a white away jersey from the current throwback version (ala the available Simpson jersey) I suspect both teams will wear home jerseys. Who the he!! still only has a B&W TV??

I know, .."but.. but.. the pictures in the newspaper will be confusing.. :rolleyes: " It may just be that ALL newspapers will be extinct by then..

Whats the out look on Bradys knee. Is he going to be ready for camp? If so, any minor setback could keep him out of the game. Under Dick, the Bills seem to get worse as the year prgresses, so this really could be the best scenario we could have hoped for. We will still finish 5-11 but it could be a really nice win.

There's no way we'll be wearing white throwbacks. I'm pretty sure each team has one home, one away, and one throwback jersey available to use. Not to mention, a white throwback was not part of the marketing campaign that's been rocking for the past four years or so.

If a white jersey were an option, trust me, Buffalo would be selling white jerseys to the public.

I have to disagree. A friend of mine works for Reebok's licensing group, and she said the 8 teams are producing loads of new merchandise/apparel now and that she's seen all the 'Boston Patriots' stuff. I think the league will make an exception to uniform rules this year with the anniversaries. Out current blue throwbacks were released in the summer of 2004, and new white one's will likely be released this summer for sale.

There's no way we'll be wearing white throwbacks. I'm pretty sure each team has one home, one away, and one throwback jersey available to use. Not to mention, a white throwback was not part of the marketing campaign that's been rocking for the past four years or so.

If a white jersey were an option, trust me, Buffalo would be selling white jerseys to the public.

I have to disagree. A friend of mine works for Reebok's licensing group, and she said the 8 teams are producing loads of new merchandise/apparel now and that she's seen all the 'Boston Patriots' stuff. I think the league will make an exception to uniform rules this year with the anniversaries. Out current blue throwbacks were released in the summer of 2004, and new white one's will likely be released this summer for sale.

That would be great! They'll get more of my money if that's the case.

Edit: That probably IS the case..

Having a white throwback would be one step closer to a full-time change to the throwbacks. Be fully aware, tho, that this will only come after Ralph is gone b/c he has a raging case of 'Old Man Syndrome.' You know what this is... you walk into old peoples' houses and you step into the '70s b/c there's fierce resistance to changing anything unless it broke (and maybe not even then).

For the new owner --- they are there, the design would be complete, they'd own the rights to use them, it's a five-second decision, no need to pay another design team and they have about 93% fan approval. And then we can stop having to discuss this all the time.

This is the Uni I'm picturing us to wear in the MNF opener this year (link below fom the 1965 AFL Championship game in Balboa Stadium-San Diego).

NO way would they have the Bills & Pats wearing dark jersey's for the same game. One team is gonna be wearing white and I'm thinking it's Buffalo.

http://www.remembertheafl.com/images/KempToWarlick1w650.jpg

This is the Uni I'm picturing us to wear in the MNF opener this year (link below fom the 1965 AFL Championship game in Balboa Stadium-San Diego).

NO way would they have the Bills & Pats wearing dark jersey's for the same game. One team is gonna be wearing white and I'm thinking it's Buffalo.

Interestingly, I read on ESPN's UniWatch blog a while back that in college games in the upcoming season, both teams will be allowed to wear their dark uniforms if there is reasonable difference in colors (e.g. Notre Dame in navy blue vs. USC in crimson).

Don't know when/if the NFL would consider it.

Yeah, that would be it....very nice, clean look. I like the '73 version with the blue pants, but this all white version fits the "Bill."

Gawd, I just hope they don't wear those awful 1960 blue and silver jobs...which BTW, Ralph wanted those colors since he's from Detroit and was a minority owner in the Lions before buying the Buffalo AFL franchise.