All Throwbacks in opening game vs Pats

zow2

Interestingly, I read on ESPN's UniWatch blog a while back that in college games in the upcoming season, both teams will be allowed to wear their dark uniforms if there is reasonable difference in colors (e.g. Notre Dame in navy blue vs. USC in crimson).

Don't know when/if the NFL would consider it.

Yeap, UB football also did it during their Election night ESPN2 game vs. Miami. The NCAA allowed the Redhawks to wear all red while UB wore all blue. It was cool for college but it's just not an NFL thing imo. They are SO picky about uniform styles-regulations.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just confirmed that Bills will be releasing new throwback uniforms in August for this game. I didn't receive any hints as to whether they will be blue or white, but they're going to release them during Training Camp. Cool stuff!

Awesome! Will they be from the mid-60's era or the originals?

I just confirmed that Bills will be releasing new throwback uniforms in August for this game. I didn't receive any hints as to whether they will be blue or white, but they're going to release them during Training Camp. Cool stuff!

Why would they release new blue ones? How different could they be?

long live the squatting patriot hahahaha its almost as bad as the creamsicle bucs

I STRONGLY disagree. I think the old Pats* uniforms look MUCH better than their new ones. Now the Creamsicle Bucs, WORST uniform EVER. Hugh Culverhouse the 1st owner was a Tenn. Grad & wanted the unis to be similar to the Vols.

The '73 away unis (blue pants, old style arm stripes and standing red buffalo) would be great! My fav away's!

GIT -ER-DONE!

Yeah- i agree. I love that '73 uni with the blue pants and white jersey w/ classic helmet.

I think that the new Throwback release (which is mentioned at the top of this page), will simply be the white '65 jersey (w/ maybe the 50 yr logo on it). I mean they already have the slick blue throwback jersey, helmet, socks and pants. How much could they improve on that?!? It would give them a nice Home and Road option for this 50th anniv season.

There's just no fuggin' way they are going to dress in the "original" duds that mimic the Lions colors. Not even AFL historians identify the AFL Buffalo Bills with that uniform.

There's just no fuggin' way they are going to dress in the "original" duds that mimic the Lions colors. Not even AFL historians identify the AFL Buffalo Bills with that uniform.

True dat. Then again, I doubt many Eagles fans know/care to remember those flaming yellow and blue duds.. And the Jets aren't known for the Titans uni's either. Gotta say though, I'd love to mock Cutler wearin' verticle striped socks! :thumbsup:

To the point, I hope you're correct.

The '73 away unis (blue pants, old style arm stripes and standing red buffalo) would be great! My fav away's!

GIT -ER-DONE!

It won't be anything from after 1969. These are for the 50th anniversary of the AFL. I'm sure the league is doing a special one year only throwback so when the original AFL teams play each other it looks like the old AFL. It will be the white jerseys of the mid to late 60s for our road games.

It won't be anything from after 1969. These are for the 50th anniversary of the AFL. I'm sure the league is doing a special one year only throwback so when the original AFL teams play each other it looks like the old AFL. It will be the white jerseys of the mid to late 60s for our road games.

Good point. Fine with me. That's another jersey expense this year. I think I'll get #70, Sestak.

Interestingly, I read on ESPN's UniWatch blog a while back that in college games in the upcoming season, both teams will be allowed to wear their dark uniforms if there is reasonable difference in colors (e.g. Notre Dame in navy blue vs. USC in crimson).

Don't know when/if the NFL would consider it.

Wasn't UCLA fined for this against USC or was it the other way around???