Bills shopping Parrish?

Fingon

Sometimes it comes down to need. At this point, we probably don't have the

luxury to keep a player like Parrish. I would rather spend the money he gets,

and maybe a few bucks more, on a good OLB who would have a bigger overall

impact on this team.

I don't think money is really an issue, here. He may be a luxury (I don't believe he is), but unless the Bills get REAL value, he's a luxury they can't afford to give away.

EDIT: I should note that, while I would hate for the Bills to lose him, if they can make an advantageous trade, then I think they may have to pull the trigger. But a 4th round pick? I wouldn't do that.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
hold on a sec.

Just because Mcgee didn't return kicks last year doesn't mean he still can't do it. Old?? your exagerating, he is more than capable of returning kicks at a very high level still, definitely for another year.

McKelvin, we know can return kicks, but if you remember, he had 7 TD punt Returns and only 1 as a kick off return in college. So, there is little doubt in my view that he could return punts if need be. The only reason why he didn't is because we all ready had the established punt return leader in Parrish. It made a lot more sense that Mckelvin was going to replace Mcgee than Parrish, just for the simple fact that we knew Mcgee was going to be the starting DB and it made sense to get him off the field.

And you ask what has Fred Jackson does as a return man. Well obviously he had a limited role, but how about 7 returns last year for an average of 16.7 yards a return.

So I think he has shown that he can do the job.

So, yes Parrish is more expendable than what you think he is.

I disagree,

Its just not a wise thing to do having your two starting CB's returning punts and kickoffs. Mcgee is getting to old and Mckelvin with the departure of Greer has become allot more important on defense.

Losing Roscoe Parrish would be a mistake.

1 and 3 would get us a couple of first rounders from Philly I bet, get r' done.

Philly already has their version of #1 and his name is Desean Jackson. He also seems to be a better WR than Roscoe P. :thumbsup:

If the Bills were to trade Parrish for salary cap reasons and/or for talent for other areas of need, then I would think that to get proper value for him would be to package him with a draft pick for a veteran player or to move up in the draft. Example; Package Parrish and our 5th rder to move up to the mid-late 2nd rd or Parrish and a draft pick (?) for a proven veteran.

Why do you say that? Did he plant mics in the Bills offices?

I agree with part of your saying. I don't know how he would be able to gauge better than some of us what Peters trade value is.

But, he does have connections, a lot more than you or I have, and through those connections, he may have some sort of a temperature on what Peters value is. I doubt it, but it is possible.

I agree with part of your saying. I don't know how he would be able to gauge better than some of us what Peters trade value is.

But, he does have connections, a lot more than you or I have, and through those connections, he may have some sort of a temperature on what Peters value is. I doubt it, but it is possible.

Yeah, you're probably right. My sources don't know football. They just work for NFL teams and stuff.

What I tried to express in my chat was that I don't personally think Peters is worth a first-round pick when a team can use that pick to draft a franchise tackle because a few exist in this year's draft just like they did in last year's. I don't see why a team would take on a tackle who's coming off a shaky season when they can grab a younger player they can mold. Peters wants the type of money No. 1 overall pick Jake Long got, so why not just draft one yourself and pay him less? And, believe it or not, teams will look at where a player was drafted when considering trades. Even though Peters is a two-time Pro Bowler, he was an undrafted, converted tight end. Trade partners aren't going to bend over backwards to reward the Bills and take a headache off their hands at the same time.

But it takes only one team to really, really want a player. Maybe the Bills will get a first-round pick for Peters, but he isn't worth it. And that's an opinion based on talking to people who happen to make trades and hammer out contracts for a living.

What do you think Parrish's trade value could be? He's a great punt returner, but that's about it. I doubt it could be more than a 3rd or 4th.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25545

As for the premise of this thread, my hasty wording is a classic example of the rapid-fire nature of chatting.

So I should state for the record: I do not know for a fact the Bills are shopping Parrish, but it would be appropriate. I was speculating on that question.

As for the premise of this thread, here's a classic example of the rapid-fire nature of chatting.

So I should state for the record: I do not know for a fact the Bills are shopping Parrish, but it would be appropriate.

Hi Tim, how are you doing? This isn't really on topic but while you're on the internet I would like to ask a favor of you. Do you think that you could give us more insight on how some of the NFL brass think? I'm referring to the way that they evaluate players and their worth and how they come to determine trade values? Of course I wouldn't want to impose on you and jepordize you with your colleagues and the confidential trust that you journalists have amongt each other, just general understanding. Thank you and keep up your good work.

Yeah, you're probably right. My sources don't know football. They just work for NFL teams and stuff.

What I tried to express in my chat was that I don't personally think Peters is worth a first-round pick when a team can use that pick to draft a franchise tackle because a few exist in this year's draft just like they did in last year's. I don't see why a team would take on a tackle who's coming off a shaky season when they can grab a younger player they can mold. Peters wants the type of money No. 1 overall pick Jake Long got, so why not just draft one yourself and pay him less? And, believe it or not, teams will look at where a player was drafted when considering trades. Even though Peters is a two-time Pro Bowler, he was an undrafted, converted tight end. Trade partners aren't going to bend over backwards to reward the Bills and take a headache off their hands at the same time.

But it takes only one team to really, really want a player. Maybe the Bills will get a first-round pick for Peters, but he isn't worth it. And that's an opinion based on talking to people who happen to make trades and hammer out contracts for a living.

I'm not real high on the OT's available in this draft, when compared to some past drafts. But, I may be in the minority, on that. The difference between a high draft pick, and a young player who has displayed a high level of talent in the NFL, is the difference between the unknown and the known, I'm not disputing your claim that many teams would prefer to draft a player themselves, if they are going to pay top dollar, as you are probably right. To me though, any one of these college guys could be another Mike Williams, at the NFL level. We already know Peters is not that guy.

I wholeheartedly agree with the bolded statement, though.

Hi Tim, how are you doing? This isn't really on topic but while you're on the internet I would like to ask a favor of you. Do you think that you could give us more insight on how some of the NFL brass think? I'm referring to the way that they evaluate players and their worth and how they come to determine trade values? Of course I wouldn't want to impose on you and jepordize you with your colleagues and the confidential trust that you journalists have amongt each other, just general understanding. Thank you and keep up your good work.

It's more of an art than it is a science. Trades always are a tricky proposition in any sport. Teams evaluate players in different ways, and there often are strong-willed personalities in various front offices. Some might put an emphasis on pure talent, others on value, others on character or intangibles. Scouts have a bigger voice in some organizations than others. Ownership can insist on running football operations or be totally hands off. There are probably 25 different front-office personalities.

It's more of an art than it is a science. Trades always are a tricky proposition in any sport. Teams evaluate players in different ways, and there often are strong-willed personalities in various front offices. Some might put an emphasis on pure talent, others on value, others on character or intangibles. Scouts have a bigger voice in some organizations than others. Ownership can insist on running football operations or be totally hands off. There are probably 25 different front-office personalities.

Matter of fact Tim maybe you could start your own thread titled something like " Ask Tim Graham..." and this way we could ask you various questions on many aspects on the game and team that we all love so much. I'm sure that you could shed alot of incredible light with true knowledge and integrity. Thanks again from a Bills' junkie.

Matter of fact Tim maybe you could start your own thread titled something like " Ask Tim Graham..." and this way we could ask you various questions on many aspects on the game and team that we all love so much. I'm sure that you could shed alot of incredible light with true knowledge and integrity. Thanks again from a Bills' junkie.

Hmmm. Now that you mention it ... Gotta be called something way cooler than "Ask Tim," though. Maybe go back to the bar analogy. "Tim's Tavern," or something like that.

The wings are hot, the Blue is cold, and the football talk doesn't stop at closing time.

Hey, that could work.