Bills shopping Parrish?

Fingon

char (hoboken, nj): ok - maybe this question is good enough to warrant an answer...what are the odds that roscoe parrish gets traded?

SportsNation Tim Graham: Parrish does look like a spare part in a crowded receiver corps and with Leodis McKelvin a sensational punt returner. Parrish has value. I'm sure they're shopping him.

What do you think Parrish's trade value could be? He's a great punt returner, but that's about it. I doubt it could be more than a 3rd or 4th.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25545

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think Parrish's trade value could be? He's a great punt returner, but that's about it. I doubt it could be more than a 3rd or 4th.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25545

If we could get a 3rd or 4th, I'd take it in a second.

Winslow went for a 2nd and 5th, Cassell for a 2nd, they both have much more upside

than Parrish. No way we get higher than a 5th for Parrish. Not saying punt returners are

a dime a dozen, but a WR who has not shown much at his true position, only on ST, can't be

worth much. Roy Williams (the safety) was cut outright, meaning he couldn't even garner

a 7th round pick (not that I would have given even that for him).

We should do all of the following:

1. Trade Parrish for a 4th rounder

2. Trade Lynch for a 3rd rounder

3. Trade Peters for a 2nd rounder

4. Trade Evans for a 1st rounder

Who needs proven football talent when you can have lots and lots of DRAFT PICKS?! :thumbsup:

What has Parrish proven?

Edit:

Stats

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023490

Kinda pedestrian.

Parrish has some value, but most likely not as much as some people are hoping.

No doubt his value in Buffalo has gone down. With the return capabilities of Mcgee, McKelvin and Jackson it does make him more expendable on the return front, and as a Wide out, I just don't see him getting on the field more than a hand full of plays. Not to mention his $2 Million price tag.

It makes a lot of sense to try to shop him around.

In my view, the best scenario would be as a conciliatory prize to go along with another draft choice to target after a player, such as a Brian Waters. A move like this addresses a need. Maybe it would take a 4th or 5th rounder to go along with it.

What has the 4th rounder we would get for Parrish have proven?

Point is, Stevie Johnson may be able to put up those same numbers

receiving.

Who knows if we'd get a 4th for him. I think a 5th or less.

Anyway, who knows what any given draft pick will do. Roy Williams (safety),

Tony Mandarich and Mike Williams were all first round picks who should not

have been considering career stats. Joe Montana (3rd round) and Tom Brady

(6th round) have 7 Super Bowl titles between them.

Point being, plenty of NFL WR's have put up similar stat's as Roscoe. His stats

are pretty average and would not command a worthy draft pick. Include his

return ability, and he may garner a slightly higher pick, that being in the low

rounds 5-7.

What has Parrish proven?

Edit:

Stats

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023490

Kinda pedestrian.

• 94 career punt returns remain 2nd on club all-time list… needs 6 to tie team record-holder Jeff Burris (100)
  • Club-record PR yardage figure remains at 1,312 (2nd: Jeff Burris, 1,045)
  • 322 PR yds. this season ranks 8th in club annals … Parrish owns 3 of top 8 PR yardage seasons in team history
  • Career PR avg. of 13.96 remains 1st in club history (min. 20 returns), over #2 Clifford Hicks (12.00 [41-492])
  • Season PR avg. of 15.33 ranks 2nd in team history (min. 15 returns), behind his club-record 16.30 in 2007

Graham also said Peters isn't worth a first rounder.

That seems odd to me. No doubt that Tim is much more in tune with what is happening than us. But, I would be surprised, and not in a good way, if he were to only fetch a second rounder.

If that is the case, no way in hell do we accept it.

Again, let's remember, the Bills FO are holding all the winning cards here. He is Obligated to play out his contract. If he doesn't then he doesn't get payed, and he has all ready shown that he won't let that happen. Most likely Peters will accept the contract we offer him, because it will be a whole hell of a lot more than what he is receiving now.

• 94 career punt returns remain 2nd on club all-time list… needs 6 to tie team record-holder Jeff Burris (100)
  • Club-record PR yardage figure remains at 1,312 (2nd: Jeff Burris, 1,045)
  • 322 PR yds. this season ranks 8th in club annals … Parrish owns 3 of top 8 PR yardage seasons in team history
  • Career PR avg. of 13.96 remains 1st in club history (min. 20 returns), over #2 Clifford Hicks (12.00 [41-492])
  • Season PR avg. of 15.33 ranks 2nd in team history (min. 15 returns), behind his club-record 16.30 in 2007

Exactly my point.

I haven't questioned his stats as a kick returner. I love watching him do

returns, as he is pretty fast and elusive. Thing is he is expendable possibly

with McKelvin showing how good he is on ST.

Roscoe's WR stats wouldn't garner a high draft pick, couple it with his KR stats,

and we may be able to get a pick for him.

Parrish has some value, but most likely not as much as some people are hoping.

No doubt his value in Buffalo has gone down. With the return capabilities of Mcgee, McKelvin and Jackson it does make him more expendable on the return front, and as a Wide out, I just don't see him getting on the field more than a hand full of plays. Not to mention his $2 Million price tag.

It makes a lot of sense to try to shop him around.

In my view, the best scenario would be as a conciliatory prize to go along with another draft choice to target after a player, such as a Brian Waters. A move like this addresses a need. Maybe it would take a 4th or 5th rounder to go along with it.

Mcgee won't be returning kicks much longer, he is getting too old to do it, and thats one reason why McKelvin was brought in.

McKelvin won't be returning Kicks, Punts, and play CB

What has Fred Jackson done as a return man that would make you think that the Bills should make him a full time guy?

Trading Parrish, who is one of the top returners in the league, should not be shopped unless they are getting something big in return, not just some mid to late draft pick. He is too valuable on ST's to just give away because the bills signed TO for one year.

Mcgee won't be returning kicks much longer, he is getting too old to do it, and thats one reason why McKelvin was brought in.

What has Fred Jackson done as a return man that would make you think that the Bills should make him a full time guy?

Trading Parrish, who is one of the top returners in the league, should not be shopped unless they are getting something big in return, not just some mid to late draft pick. He is too valuable on ST's to just give away because the bills signed TO for one year.

hold on a sec.

Just because Mcgee didn't return kicks last year doesn't mean he still can't do it. Old?? your exagerating, he is more than capable of returning kicks at a very high level, definitely for another year.

McKelvin, we know can return kicks, but if you remember, he had 7 TD punt Returns and only 1 as a kick off return in college. So, there is little doubt in my view that he could return punts if need be. The only reason why he didn't is because we all ready had the established punt return leader in Parrish. It made a lot more sense that Mckelvin was going to replace Mcgee than Parrish, just for the simple fact that we knew Mcgee was going to be the starting DB and it made sense to get him off the field.

And you ask what has Fred Jackson does as a return man. Well obviously he had a limited role, but how about 7 returns last year for an average of 16.7 yards a return.

So I think he has shown that he can do the job.

So, yes Parrish is more expendable than what you think he is.

We should do all of the following:

1. Trade Parrish for a 4th rounder

2. Trade Lynch for a 3rd rounder

3. Trade Peters for a 2nd rounder

4. Trade Evans for a 1st rounder

Who needs proven football talent when you can have lots and lots of DRAFT PICKS?! :thumbsup:

1 and 3 would get us a couple of first rounders from Philly I bet, get r' done.

Sometimes it comes down to need. At this point, we probably don't have the

luxury to keep a player like Parrish. I would rather spend the money he gets,

and maybe a few bucks more, on a good OLB who would have a bigger overall

impact on this team.

yes- just what we need. MORE special teamers! that has won us SO many games. c'mon. Roscoe is useless at his primary position - WR. He is a nice ASSET on a team that needs proven commodities that play more than 20 downs a game. He is a luxury we should get rid of. FJ, Leodis and Terrence are more than adequate. Our special teams are less 1/3 of the game and more like 3/4.... we need better talent on the O and D. ST should be 3rd most important. Sadly, Ralph is cheap so he throws his money at the one thing he can be great at - ST. its a recipe for mediocrity...