Bills shopping Parrish?

Fingon

Problem is, the right deal may be 5th round or less. .

Then it isn't the right deal...you keep him. The difference Parrish makes as a PR is FAR more than a 5th rounder is likely to make, this year. Give the new system a year, to see if Parrish thrives in it. If not, you can revisit this next year.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, Tim seems to have read too many posts by people here who repeatedly post that he should be traded.

Don't drink the Kool Aid Tim.

Parrish is one of the best return men in the game, he can score from anywhere on the field if we figure out how to give him the ball, he should have lots of opportunities with TO and Evans causing opposing teams to focus on them, and he signed a cap friendly contract.

Just my two cents.

Probably makes sense to shop him around.

With Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Hardy, Steve Johnson and Jenkins, Roscoe seems like the odd man out. I'd like to keep him though because I dont think we are using him right, and if we can figure out how to use him right he might be as effective as a Wes Welker.

Plus, he scares the HELL out of me when he catches a punt on the run!

How has it made you feel when he's led the NFL the last two seasons in punt return average though? He regularly has given the abysmal offense great starting position.

Guest dog14787
Sadly, Tim seems to have read too many posts by people here who repeatedly post that he should be traded.

Parrish is one of the best return men in the game, he can score from anywhere on the field if we figure out how to give him the ball, he should have lots of opportunities with TO and Evans causing opposing teams to focus on them, and he signed a cap friendly contract.

Just my two cents.

Its to late, Tim has drank from the cup one to many times. His vision is now blurred and his thought waves are constantly changing like the colors in a ieatcrayons coloring book.

We're all doomed :blink:

Just my two cents.

If you read Tim's clarification, you'd know he wasn't really chugging the koolaid:

As for the premise of this thread, my hasty wording is a classic example of the rapid-fire nature of chatting.

So I should state for the record: I do not know for a fact the Bills are shopping Parrish, but it would be appropriate. I was speculating on that question.

I would guess it depends on your definition of "shopping". I'd be more surprised if Parrish's name wasn't mentioned in some of the the trade talks, the Bills have had, than if he was.

I would hope the Bills are actively trying to dump him, but are open to a fortuitous deal. Again, I prefer Parrish stay, but if there is a great deal, that really helps fill some of the other holes on this team, I think they'd really have to consider it.

If you read Tim's clarification, you'd know he wasn't really chugging the koolaid:

I would guess it depends on your definition of "shopping". I'd be more surprised if Parrish's name wasn't mentioned in some of the the trade talks, the Bills have had, than if he was.

I would hope the Bills are actively trying to dump him, but are open to a fortuitous deal. Again, I prefer Parrish stay, but if there is a great deal, that really helps fill some of the other holes on this team, I think they'd really have to consider it.

It just makes sense to see what it is out there. He is expendable.

Obviously let's not trade him for the sake of trading him, but if it helps up $ for another acquisiton, or signing, or even if we can get a good draft choice or player, then it would be the logical move to make.

It just makes sense to see what it is out there. He is expendable.

Obviously let's not trade him for the sake of trading him, but if it helps up $ for another acquisiton, or signing, or even if we can get a good draft choice or player, then it would be the logical move to make.

Again, I don't think you trade Roscoe just to free up money, or for a draft pick alone (unless it is higher than I expect they can get). I'd want a player that can instantly improve the team, to be part of the deal.

Guest dog14787

I suppose one should always keep an open mind. In my opinion though the draft is to hit and miss regardless of what round you pick in to take a player who has proven his worth and is very salary cap friendly and trade him for someone who could end up being useless in the NFL regardless of what he did in college.

To me, it would make a hole we may or may not fill, which could cause another hole down the line if our starting CB goes down from returning punts or kickoffs.

I'm on record as being totally against the idea of using Roscoe Parish as trade bait.

Again, I don't think you trade Roscoe just to free up money, or for a draft pick alone (unless it is higher than I expect they can get). I'd want a player that can instantly improve the team, to be part of the deal.

The comp picks are doled out during March meetings. That may spark some action.

CIN may get a 3rd, as well as others - they let 3 defensive starters walk last season, and picked up DE Antwon Odom, who was a dud. They haven't had a PR threat for years. Perhaps they might have an interest.

Guest dog14787
Parrish makes too much to be a 4th or 5th receiver. I'd gladly take a 5th for him.

Nawww, better yet lets just raffle Roscoe off and use the money to buy a good back up generator for the stadium. :blink:

Parrish is worth more to the Bills than he is as trade-bait. The whole T.O. experiment is a one-year deal. Why blow up the best PR this team has ever had? Plus they can't have McGee and McKelvin, starting corners, returning kicks all of the time.

The last few posts are correct, it would be about getting a player in return. Not draft picks. A starting guard, DE, or TE would make me interested. Tony Gonzales anyone?

I hear ya, but freeing up money allows the possibility to pick up other acquisitions, would you agree? So it's just not freeing up money to save ol Ralphy money, but freeing up money to better the team.

As far as not trading him for draft picks, well, I mean how do we ever know which draft pick will be able to instantly improve the team? If you were referring to draft picks, that would be an awfully lofty goal for a rookie to do.

I am hoping for a deal with K.C to get a Brian Waters. A deal like this to me makes lots of sense for both sides. K.C gets a hell of PR and a new weapon that maybe K.C would be able to use as a WR possibly better than us and an extra draft choice to give Pioli to build his new with. And of course we get a high quality Guard. Obviously we would have to add more to the pot, maybe a 5th rounder, but an acquisition like Brian Waters helps this football team more in my view than what Parrish could bring to the team.

If I had to rate Parrishes trade value, I would say somewhere in between a late third to a mid 5th. I don't think I would accept a fifth rounder for him, but maybe a mid to early fourth rounder or better.

But similar to you, I am not in the camp of trading him for the sake of trading him, but trading Parrish to free up money for another acquisiton or a worthwhile draft choice.

Guest dog14787
Parrish is worth more to the Bills than he is as trade-bait. The whole T.O. experiment is a one-year deal. Why blow up the best PR this team has ever had? Plus they can't have McGee and McKelvin, starting corners, returning kicks all of the time.

The last few posts are correct, it would be about getting a player in return. Not draft picks. A starting guard, DE, or TE would make me interested. Tony Gonzales anyone?

Now that's the kind of trade talks that would peek my interest.

After reviewing this thread it seems to be consistent with the factual nature of Graham's original premise. He has no (meaning zero, nada, nothing) information that the Bills are trying to move Parrish.

IMHO, the Bills have a lot more to gain (in particular after the acquisition of TO for at least 1 season) from actually using Parrish's demonstrated football skills rather than trading him for a mere draft choice.

After watching Parrish for 4 seasons this strikes me as his pluses and minuses:

Great open field runner allows him to be one of the best PR guys for the Bills ever. He simply is a threat to take it to the house on every PR return. His big minus is that he is a small guy and durability is an issue. He went down with an injury in his first pre-season and then out for six weeks this past season with a broken thumb.

Nevertheless, he has proved himself to be a tough player who has been very good at playing the slot position when the feebly designed Bills offense uses him in this role. Despite his injury he has not shied away from contract and has shown a willingness to catch the ball over the middle when asked to do so.

Those who question his toughness need only look back to the Oakland game last season where he damaged his thumb and still scored a TD crucial to the win on a hot hard pass from Edwards AFTER he sustained the injury. Despite his small size, Parrish has shown a willingness and ability to deliver hits when used as a slot receiver and blocker. Add to that his great speed and he is also a threat to take it to the house (as he did in an NYJ game last year when our O is well designed enough to let him run one on one up the middle.

Parrish and the Bills O stand to gain a lot from merely the presence of TO as opponents will have a tough time not trying to man up against Parrish as both Evans' speed and TO's RAC ability may demand 2 dts on the outside which will cause an opposing DC great difficulties with deciding how to cover Evans, and TO and Parrish when the Bills go 3 wide.

The real beneficiary of TOs presence may well be Lynch as opponents will have little choice but to run a zone to figure out how to cover our three wideouts. In 3 WR sets Lynch will end up running against a D which may be force into nickel and dime coverage and this RB who rarely goes down from the first hit will be facing Os spread wide and deep to play the zone.

It will be a challenge for Turk as he has shown no ability to design routes which allow for a lot of separation for Evans or uses picks and slant patterns to create some separation for our WRs.

Many of us rabid fans blinded with the glitz of the Mel Kiperesque over-promotion of the draft and being devoted to our fantasy league teams put far more value in the NFL draft than is warranted for a GM. Good players tend to get drafted and thus the draft is a direct and obvious choice for those of us with the benefits of the simplified more than enough great players that a fantasy league brings.

However, within the real world constraints of the modern NFL team it is only a 50/50 plus a little proposition that a player drafted in the first round is even going to prove to be a starter at his position starting his second year. For the modern NFL team GM, the draft is great for building depth and finding future stars, but is little more than a 50/50 proposition for finding immediate help.

The fans who are willing to trade one of the best ST guys in football for a mere second day pick and even those willing to trade a two-time Pro Bowl LT for 2 late first round picks (even with the addition of a third non-first round pick simply are putting way too much value in the draft.

The Bills have a remote chance of making the playoffs in 09 even with Peters. We essentially have no chance of making it with 2 OL draft picks trying to fill the void trading this vet would create.

Trading Parrish would be a weenie move.