Bills shopping Parrish?

Fingon

That's the kind of thinking that caused a rift in St. Louis. April very much cares who is on his squad, and requires real talent to make it go. If the Bills start short-shrifting ST, I would expect April to find another team, in short order.

I agree with you that he does care (and I guess I shouldn't have said it doesn't matter who is there), but April got a 1st round pick last year in McKelvin, who was one of the more prolific returners in college football. That included 7 TDs on punt returns as well. Every year we bring in or retain quality ST'ers for April's squad, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

With the combo of McKelvin/Jackson, I still feel that we'd be well above average in the personnel dept., plus we have April's genius when it comes to the blocking schemes. Not saying that I'd want to get rid of Parrish, but if the right offer came along, it should at least be entertained without the fear that our punt return corp would suffer too much.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think Parrish's trade value could be? He's a great punt returner, but that's about it. I doubt it could be more than a 3rd or 4th.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25545

I don't see it happening.

1. Bobby April will want some continuity on ST and will not allow the #1 punt returner in the NFL to depart. April is assistant HC and I'm sure his decisions and input are valued.

2. Leodis will be a starter this season and I can't see how the Bills would use him on every special teams front along with being expected to be the #2 corner. The injury risk is too high, Parrish would be missed less due an injury than McKelvin would.

Parrish is here to stay whether or not he's ever correctly utilized on the offense. If he falters however or gets injured this season I could see a trade or release next year.

I agree with you that he does care (and I guess I shouldn't have said it doesn't matter who is there), but April got a 1st round pick last year in McKelvin, who was one of the more prolific returners in college football. That included 7 TDs on punt returns as well. Every year we bring in or retain quality ST'ers for April's squad, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

With the combo of McKelvin/Jackson, I still feel that we'd be well above average in the personnel dept., plus we have April's genius when it comes to the blocking schemes. Not saying that I'd want to get rid of Parrish, but if the right offer came along, it should at least be entertained without the fear that our punt return corp would suffer too much.

Makes sense.

I am also on record as accepting a Parrish trade, "if the right offer came along".

But, as a fan, I'd love to see them keep Roscoe for at least one more year, to see what he can contribute to a "real" offense. (Of course, I am being overly presumptions assuming the Bills will have a "real" offense, this year. But, a fan can hope.)

Makes sense.

I am also on record as accepting a Parrish trade, "if the right offer came along".

But, as a fan, I'd love to see them keep Roscoe for at least one more year, to see what he can contribute to a "real" offense. (Of course, I am being overly presumptions assuming the Bills will have a "real" offense, this year. But, a fan can hope.)

I think Roscoe's skillset could be used to great advantage now, with TO and Evans outside, with or without Reed in the slot or Pettigrew lined up as TE!

Makes sense.

He may finally find his place in the offense with the addition of TO. I, too, am cautiously optimistic about the O this year, and it would be a pleasant surprise if Roscoe came out and had a career year. I think that the more likely scenario is that Evans has a big year, but there is a chance that TO and a new TE could totally transform the receiving corp.

Matter of fact Tim maybe you could start your own thread titled something like " Ask Tim Graham..." and this way we could ask you various questions on many aspects on the game and team that we all love so much. I'm sure that you could shed alot of incredible light with true knowledge and integrity. Thanks again from a Bills' junkie.

Oops, foolish me, I just noticed that this type of thread already exists. I just realized that it is pinned at the top of page one. Thanks for your time, effort, and interest Tim, we're fortunate to have a guy like you on this board.

Oops, foolish me, I just noticed that this type of thread already exists. I just realized that it is pinned at the top of page one. Thanks for your time, effort, and interest Tim, we're fortunate to have a guy like you on this board.

I also heard that the Pats signed Joey Galloway. :thumbsup:

Probably makes sense to shop him around.

With Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Hardy, Steve Johnson and Jenkins, Roscoe seems like the odd man out. I'd like to keep him though because I dont think we are using him right, and if we can figure out how to use him right he might be as effective as a Wes Welker.

Plus, he scares the HELL out of me when he catches a punt on the run!

Makes sense.

I think the only way we'll see a 'real' offense is when we hire...

Mike Leach

Guest dog14787
I think the only way we'll see a 'real' offense is when we hire...

Mike Leach

This Mike Leach fella really does look interesting, makes you wonder how he would fair in the NFL.

Meh... not gonna really get anything for him, might as well keep him around. Tremendous punt returner, and maybe he finally steps up as a WR now that T.O. is here. If not, just wait till next year after DJ and Turk are gone, maybe the next guys will put him to better use.

This Mike Leach fella really does look interesting, makes you wonder how he would fair in the NFL.

Pretty well, he seems to think...

"How could you possibly look yourself in the mirror and consider yourself an NFL coach and not be able to teach a guy to run back three steps, five steps and seven steps? I can teach a child that! Any coach in the NFL who can't do that ought to be fired! I can do that ... I only need a three-hour window. I'll have a great clinic for all the NFL coaches who are so horrible that they can't teach a guy to take a snap under center and go backwards."

Colorful guy - I wonder what he could do with our Trent Edwards?

Only a matter of time before Leach finds his way to the NFL. I only hope it's here in Buffalo.

Pretty well, he seems to think...

"How could you possibly look yourself in the mirror and consider yourself an NFL coach and not be able to teach a guy to run back three steps, five steps and seven steps? I can teach a child that! Any coach in the NFL who can't do that ought to be fired! I can do that ... I only need a three-hour window. I'll have a great clinic for all the NFL coaches who are so horrible that they can't teach a guy to take a snap under center and go backwards."

Colorful guy - I wonder what he could do with our Trent Edwards?

Only a matter of time before Leach finds his way to the NFL. I only hope it's here in Buffalo.

I like Leach, but it should be noted that Steve Spurrier was a colorful, prolific and confident college coach, who thought he knew more than Pro coaches, too. We all know how that ended.

I like Leach, but it should be noted that Steve Spurrier was a colorful, prolific and confident college coach, who thought he knew more than Pro coaches, too. We all know how that ended.

:blink:

What do you think Parrish's trade value could be? He's a great punt returner, but that's about it. I doubt it could be more than a 3rd or 4th.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25545

[/quote I don't think he going to be worth more than a 7th rounder.I like Parrish a punt returner but as a WR he's average or a bit below I don't see him ever haveing more than 40 receptions in a season.

What in Christ does does this have to do with his return ability (much less his return stats)?

I'm pointing out we have other KR's on the team that can do the job

if we were to trade Parrish.

If his WR stats were above average, I would keep him in a heart beat. Why

would we want to keep a guy just because of his KR ability when we have others

on the team that can do the job?? I'd much rather spend the money we're paying

Parrish on one of the FA OLB's, just my opinion.

I'm pointing out we have other KR's on the team that can do the job

if we were to trade Parrish.

If his WR stats were above average, I would keep him in a heart beat. Why

would we want to keep a guy just because of his KR ability when we have others

on the team that can do the job?? I'd much rather spend the money we're paying

Parrish on one of the FA OLB's, just my opinion.

If money were an issue, to sign any of the LBs in FA, you MIGHT have a point. It isn't.

Also, you really, really don't want your starting players as your main return guys...especially punt returns.

I agree a trade could be an option, for the right deal...but, not simply to free up money.

If money were an issue, to sign any of the LBs in FA, you MIGHT have a point. It isn't.

Also, you really, really don't want your starting players as your main return guys...especially punt returns.

I agree a trade could be an option, for the right deal...but, not simply to free up money.

Problem is, the right deal may be 5th round or less. It seems players with better career

stats have been traded lately for less than stellar picks, or given their outright release

(obviously, if a team know your going to dump a player, they aren't going to trade for him).