crowell to the bucs

I am not going to sit here and defend this team every time they lowball or allow someone who could have helped us walk away to another team......

I dont like this...:censored:

It is starting to look more and more like the signing of TO was really just a ticket selling publicity stunt and they have no real intention of improving this team......

Sorry but until they actually do something that is how I am seeing it

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to sit here and defend this team every time they lowball or allow someone who could have helped us walk away to another team......

I dont like this...:censored:

It is starting to look more and more like the signing of TO was really just a ticket selling publicity stunt and they have no real intention of improving this team......

Sorry but until they actually do something that is how I am seeing it

I am getting that feeling too John. We are owed a winning team for our loyalty and years of support. I am so !@#$ing sick of complacency!

I'm glad too. It sounded like his knee injury was an ongoing thing. I remember hearing that last season wasn't the first in which he's had problems with it.
To me, it's not so much about the knee. Crowell's been on the team since the infamous 2003 season, all he knows is how to lose. :censored: Until this BS scheme is finally dropped, I'd take either June or Keiaho instead.

Thank God.

Agreed Bro...

Crow would flash at times...But that's about it...I never felt He was all that...I think there are better LB's still available in Free Agency, and I expect The Bills to Draft a LB somewhere in Rounds 1-4... :censored:

WTF? We let another of our solid players walk away. It is not like we are loaded with talent and have cap constraints. I am sick of this sh--!

Crow has never been solid. Good special teamer, good when they go to nickle package. they guy couldn't get off blocks and was only capable of moving in space. he couldn't fill a gap. He was a SS in a LB body, with LB speed. He also, wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I'm glad too. It sounded like his knee injury was an ongoing thing. I remember hearing that last season wasn't the first in which he's had problems with it.

Actually after going on IR he had the long term fix performed. He should be ready to go in a month or so, and it shouldn't be an issue again. Oh well....

Agreed Bro...

Crow would flash at times...But that's about it...I never felt He was all that...I think there are better LB's still available in Free Agency, and I expect The Bills to Draft a LB somewhere in Rounds 1-4... :censored:

Once again KOK, you speak the truth. A few nice plays in a handful of games don't make up for a mediocre career, and LBs like Crowell are a dime-a-dozen.

OK Here's a ~CRAZY~ theory:

They were waiting to see if they would be able to retain Crowell before making a move, knowing full well that the history from last season made it less likely. In the meantime, they hosted VERY viable free agents but made it clear a move was not IMMINENT. Now that Crowell is gone, they can focus on those two guys, and the plan probably will have worked out well as neither of them got a sniff from anybody else, and FA's get cheaper by the day during the FA period.

This Chris Brown account of the interview with Jauron after the visits kind of supports this nicely:

With a host of FA LBs rolling through One Bills Drive the past few weeks Dick Jauron provided an update on just what they’re trying to add and whether they’ll continue to seek out solutions to bolster the position.

“We’ll keep looking,” Jauron said. ”Again, we like that group. Coming back off the injured are John DiGiorgio, of course will be back and is doing really well. Marcus Buggs will be back also. And Alvin Bowen will be back, too. We like those guys and we’ll keep looking there, too. Obviously we liked the guys we’ve had in and visited. When they came through, we were very upfront with them. We told them we didn’t know that we’d do anything immediately. We clearly liked them, that’s why they were here. We liked what they did. We wanted them to get a feel for us and us to get a feel for them face-to-face, so that if down the line here we got back to them, they did know us and we could do something quickly if they wanted to and if we wanted to. So we’ll keep looking.”

Sounds as if the free agent visits by Jamie Winborn, Freddie Keiaho, Cato June and others were somewhat exploratory in nature instead of visits that were going to lead to an imminent signing.

:censored:

I'd say there's still no urgency to sign an OLB until the draft, since neither June nor Keiaho are receiving interest anywhere. That way they can see if any other LB's become available, like Peterson did.

The sky is falling crowd is well represented tonight. When did Crowell become Lawrence Taylor? As far as our offseason goes, I feel the Bills aren't done and we should wait and see what happens. I don't think any team out there has cleaned up either. The Bills are doing ok in comparison to the league.

No need to rush.

Derrick Brooks, Keiaho and June are all "cover 2" OLB's. There really isn't too much of a high demand for these sort of players. "cover 2" is becoming less popular, so I really don't see a need to rush this decision. Now I would suspect, that if one of these players get signed, then maybe you'll see some sort of urgency on the Bills part to land one of these players, if that is the direction that they are wanting to go. Patience is a virtue, and you never know what player may get cut or want to get traded (ex. Julian Peterson).

Not only that, but every day that goes by, the value of these players go down.

No need to rush.

Derrick Brooks, Keiaho and June are all "cover 2" OLB's. There really isn't too much of a high demand for these sort of players. "cover 2" is becoming less popular, so I really don't see a need to rush this decision. Now I would suspect, that if one of these players get signed, then maybe you'll see some sort of urgency on the Bills part to land one of these players, if that is the direction that they are wanting to go. Patience is a virtue, and you never know what player may get cut or want to get traded (ex. Julian Peterson).

Not only that, but every day that goes by, the value of these players go down.

Fully Agree, 'Gox. The fact that there are three Tampa-2 OLB's makes it even better/cheaper to get one of them--you know you can have one, and you don't have to worry about whether OLB Cushing is there in round 1!!!