• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a linked rumor to back you written rumor

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140376-...or-receiving-te

This part is funny in one of the Denver Scheffler links;

Scheffler is a very good receiving tight end that has had a series of injuries in his time with Denver. He would be an excellent addition for Buffalo, who recently lost tight end Robert Royal to the Cleveland Browns.

Um we didnt lose him to the Browns we released the bum.

Huge assumption that Hardy won't work out and Johnson will

i meant to say "if." I think the chances of at least one of them working out is pretty high. I wouldn't put a lot of money on just one though. if we keep both, i think one of them could develope into something, maybe even both. niether is an instant star though, which is why Owens for one year is good for us

Does Tony still have foot problems? I love him as a player...and would love to see him as a bill.

Per this article about him...I was doin me homework...I found this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/31341-b...ant-boot-injury

It states that he has a left foot problem that goes back to college and that .."it might be two more years before the foot is pain-free". The article is from June of '08.

Anyone know anything about this...I believe his injury last year was a groin...and he is a tough guy.

In TBD medical staff we trust!

PS...Still better then Royal!

Not what I said. Injuries can happen to just about anyone, they just happen to Trent EVERY year and Scheffler has missed 13% of his pro career due to injury.

I have missed 100% of my pro career due to a lack of talent. *sigh* Darn the luck.

COOK WASN’T IN BUFFALO, SUPPOSEDLY

Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2009, 1:26 p.m.

In response to a rumor mentioned by former Bills guard Ruben Brown during an afternoon radio spot with our pal Brad Riter of WECK in Buffalo, an assistant to Bus Cook tells the Buffalo News that the agent for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler wasn’t in Western New York on Monday.

Cook supposedly was in his Hattiesburg, Mississippi office on Monday, according to Mark Gaughan of the News.

Gaughan also points out that, while the Broncos reportedly have been shopping Scheffler, the team has not given Scheffler permission to shop himself.

Of course, that fact would likely prompt someone like Cook to claim he hadn’t been in Buffalo, if in fact he had been in Buffalo.

It’s unknown whether Cook has responded to the question of whether he was in Buffalo by saying, “Not that I know of.”

This will work out great. Scheffler has missed 6 games in the last year becasue of injury and Trent has missed 8 games in two years because of injury.

They can cuddle on the sidelines together.

I hear you...other than Tony Gonzalez in KC, there isn't one TE in the NFL, of any substance, that isn't injury prone. What is it about that position?

COOK WASN’T IN BUFFALO, SUPPOSEDLY

Posted by Mike Florio on March 17, 2009, 1:26 p.m.

In response to a rumor mentioned by former Bills guard Ruben Brown during an afternoon radio spot with our pal Brad Riter of WECK in Buffalo, an assistant to Bus Cook tells the Buffalo News that the agent for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler wasn’t in Western New York on Monday.

Cook supposedly was in his Hattiesburg, Mississippi office on Monday, according to Mark Gaughan of the News.

Gaughan also points out that, while the Broncos reportedly have been shopping Scheffler, the team has not given Scheffler permission to shop himself.

Of course, that fact would likely prompt someone like Cook to claim he hadn’t been in Buffalo, if in fact he had been in Buffalo.

It’s unknown whether Cook has responded to the question of whether he was in Buffalo by saying, “Not that I know of.”

If Denver is shopping him, the team they are shoping him to would have to work out a contract with his agent before agreeing on a trade.

Every point you try to make on this board become redundant as hell rather quickly.

"Jay Cutler had ELITE talent around him and is an average quarterback"

"4.8 Yards Per Carry"

"Sal broke the T.O. story!!"

Over and over and over again with all of it.

If people would listen, i wouldn't have to repeat myself. It's completely baseless to call Sal a TSW poster when he breaks large stories.

Then again, some of you people are incapable of simple logic.

If people would listen, i wouldn't have to repeat myself. It's completely baseless to call Sal a TSW poster when he breaks large stories.

Then again, some of you people are incapable of simple logic.

You're right, it is baseless to call this Sal guy a TSW poster, but it is just as baseless to assume that he is going to be accurate with everything he puts out there just because he broke one story in the past.

except he broke the T.O. story.

He may have reported it & it was the 1st time you saw TO was coming to the Bills but that does not mean Sal broke the TO story. I am not bashing Sal, I like him, but he is just a guy like everone on this board that loves football. He teaches H.S. & coaches a girls soccer team.