"Dear Wounded War Veterans..."

BTW, as part of the stimulus package, disabled veterans who receive compensation and pension benefits get an extra check for $250 that will just show up in their mailbox. He hates them.

Plus, - $1 billion for VA medical facilities (non-recurring maintenance and energy projects)

- $150 million for VA general operating expenses (hiring and training temporary claims processors)

- $50 million for information technology systems (VA paperless initiative and electronic health records are priority)

- $1 million for the Office of Inspector General

- $150 million in grants for construction of state extended care facilities (acquire or construct State nursing home and domiciliary facilities)

- $50 million for monument and memorial repairs including energy projects

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...ID=200990219010

And yet he somehow can't find half a billion dollars to care for the wounded and disabled the way they deserve to be treated. Yep, that's showing the love, baby. Showing the love.

Again, if they move them to personal insurance carriers, there will be caps. How can anyone with a conscience do ANYTHING other than provide the very best health care available to the very people who make the ultimate sacrifice?

But hey...that extra $250 will make everything better when a burn victim runs out of health care reimbursements half way through the year. And then it won't be the government's fault. It'll be the fault of the insurance carriers, and we all know how evil they are, right? So it's not the government that hates veterans, it's the insurance carriers! Now it all makes sense.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vets were pissed way before Obama came into office. Don't keep throwing out this nonsense that he doesn't care about Vets. It's just dumb.

Just like a lot of the nonsense you libs have tossed around for the past 8 years?

And yet he somehow can't find half a billion dollars to care for the wounded and disabled the way they deserve to be treated. Yep, that's showing the love, baby. Showing the love.

Again, if they move them to personal insurance carriers, there will be caps. How can anyone with a conscience do ANYTHING other than provide the very best health care available to the very people who make the ultimate sacrifice?

But hey...that extra $250 will make everything better when a burn victim runs out of health care reimbursements half way through the year. And then it won't be the government's fault. It'll be the fault of the insurance carriers, and we all know how evil they are, right? So it's not the government that hates veterans, it's the insurance carriers! Now it all makes sense.

Actually, yesterday he pledged to INCREASE aid to Veterans by 25 BILLION over the next five years. Its in his budget. He HATES those lousy veterans.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama pledged Monday to make good on his promise to transform the Department of Veterans Affairs and said he would "dramatically improve" mental health aid.

Flanked by Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki, the president said his budget calls for a $25 billion increase in funding for the VA over the next five years -- a commitment that will be tested by the needs of veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

"With this budget, we don't just fully fund our Veterans Affairs health care program, we expand it to serve an additional 500,000 veterans by 2013," he said.

He promised that the VA would "dramatically improve services" related to mental health, post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury, and he said homeless veterans would be targeted for support.

"Those heroes have a home," Obama said. "It's the country they served, the United States of America, and until we reach a day when not a single veteran sleeps on our nation's streets, our work remains unfinished."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/16/obama.veterans/

Don't get me wrong, I am all for giving vets every ENTITLEMENT as possible.

But, for some that say we don't need an entitlement society... Is this (with vet entitlement/benefits) where we draw the line? Of course.

Or should nobody be entitled to anything even if they are a vet?

Anyway you slice it... I see our entitlement society growing by leaps and bounds.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for giving vets every ENTITLEMENT as possible.

But, for some that say we don't need an entitlement society... Is this (with vet entitlement/benefits) where we draw the line? Of course.

Or should nobody be entitled to anything even if they are a vet?

Anyway you slice it... I see our entitlement society growing by leaps and bounds.

I do not think entitlement means what you think it means.

Actually, yesterday he pledged to INCREASE aid to Veterans by 25 BILLION over the next five years. Its in his budget. He HATES those lousy veterans.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/16/obama.veterans/

And I'd be willing to bet that veterans everywhere would GLADLY give up half a billion of that money RIGHT NOW to keep from having to deal with personal insurance carriers. The concept is ludicrous, and disrespectful, and no one who truly cares about our veterans would even FLOAT such an embarrassing idea as shifting such a ridiculous burden to the shoulders of people who selflessly defend our rights and freedoms.

But $1B to "commmunity development block grants" is important. Another $30M for Pelosi to take care of her marsh rats. And don't forget to monitor those volcanos! We can't forget who helped get us to the White House, can we? However, we simply CAN NOT find another half billion for the vets.

This guy and all of Washington are pissing money awake like a drunk sailor, but disabled vet benefits? Sorry. Can't help you. You're on your own.

Yeah, he loves vets. Clearly.

As the wife of a disabled veteran...I can tell you my husband would only use VA services if he had no other recourse. I don't doubt the medical staff and others who work at the VA care greatly, but they cannot deliver the level and quality of care they would like (and our vets) deserve under the present situation.

Something has to change. The choices are leave the system operationally as it is and throw a ton of money at it, or revamp the whole thing. The question is really what's best for these folks, not what's most comfortable for those who have run the system the same way for decades....

And I'd be willing to bet that veterans everywhere would GLADLY give up half a billion of that money RIGHT NOW to keep from having to deal with personal insurance carriers. The concept is ludicrous, and disrespectful, and no one who truly cares about our veterans would even FLOAT such an embarrassing idea as shifting such a ridiculous burden to the shoulders of people who selflessly defend our rights and freedoms.

But $1B to "commmunity development block grants" is important. Another $30M for Pelosi to take care of her marsh rats. And don't forget to monitor those volcanos! We can't forget who helped get us to the White House, can we? However, we simply CAN NOT find another half billion for the vets.

This guy and all of Washington are pissing money awake like a drunk sailor, but disabled vet benefits? Sorry. Can't help you. You're on your own.

Yeah, he loves vets. Clearly.

Are you Rush Limbaugh in disguise?

Are you Rush Limbaugh in disguise?

I'm a conservative. Why would anyone be surprised that a hard-core conservative is having a hard time accepting the simple fact that in the midst of an unprecedented spending spree that is at once inept, unaccountable, and reckless, that there is no money to provide the very best health and well being care of the very people who keep this country safe and free?

Marsh rats get $30M. Disabled veterans gets paperwork with spending caps. I don't need a conservative talking head to connect those dots for me.

But thanks for the commentary, Mr. Gibbs. Shouldn't you be prepping the president for his Leno appearance? I suspect they must be rehearsing their lines by now, no? Shouldn't you be in the green room?

I'd be happy if the assclowns on Capital Hill would change the law back to allow my employers to pay for the TriCare Supplement. Heaven forbid the government allow me to have private insurance to supplement the veteran benefit I earned.

AD I'm with you. Thanks to our (Va) former Senator J Warner we lost out on that. His thought was don't provide any enticement for veterans to use the military healthcare system 1st by having the veteranns current employer supplement the supplement. What the friggin douchebag didn't think about (or maybe he did) was that in order to use the TRICARE coverage and keep the supplement the veteran had to now pay for it in full out of pocket. In turn we're not using the TRICARE coverage any less but we're definitely paying out of pocket for the supplement.

My family is using ASI as our supplement. How about you?

I'm a conservative. Why would anyone be surprised that a hard-core conservative is having a hard time accepting the simple fact that in the midst of an unprecedented spending spree that is at once inept, unaccountable, and reckless, that there is no money to provide the very best health and well being care of the very people who keep this country safe and free?

Marsh rats get $30M. Disabled veterans gets paperwork with spending caps. I don't need a conservative talking head to connect those dots for me.

But thanks for the commentary, Mr. Gibbs. Shouldn't you be prepping the president for his Leno appearance? I suspect they must be rehearsing their lines by now, no? Shouldn't you be in the green room?

I just laugh because you are so hard on Obama... wondering if you were that way with the last President.

I just laugh because you are so hard on Obama... wondering if you were that way with the last President.

For what it's worth, Bush completely disappointed in his second term, particularly from a spending standpoint. The truly conservative beliefs I have are completely diluted, which is why the GOP is getting its ass-handed to it these days. I have no problem admitting this.

But I find it's better to spend more time being hard on a president than being hard for him, as the left so clearly seems to be for our new leader.