"Dear Wounded War Veterans..."

Link? What is narrow and partisian about the link I submitted? I do not disagree that there was a push to balance the budget during that time, I remember it well. I understand the statistics I presented. Where are yours to the contrary? The fact remains that Don posted an opinion which I countered and you seem to support, but neither of you have provided any evidence to refute my argument. WTF does the USDA have to do with military pay and Don's original statement? Show me the money or STFU.

If you re-read the post you'll see I've not commented on "Clinton Bad' but merely pointed out that Don (and you) were wrong. End of story.

Ok now you are re-writing history.

What about this statement "Look, I'm not trying to start a pissing contest with you but merely point out the inaccuracy of your memory of the 'good old' Clinton days. I too served during that time and had a different memory, so I did some quick research and found that chart." and its sarcastic implication as well as your previous statements in the thread about military pay singling out the Clinton Admin is partisan despite your statement to the contrary.

Kinda like "fair and balanced" and I would not have minded it except that you still took your stats out of context and my two examples were indicative of what was going on government wide during this time period during this period of incredible growth, the government couldn't keep up with the pay disparity across all levels. I guess I could find some stats showing the rate of government pay v. private sector during this time period if that would make you happy.

I do know there was quite an effort across the board to raise salaries, especially considering a lot of military families and other government employees were eligible for food stamps and P.S. still are even under Bush which you neglected to mention. But to state that the Clinton Admin was the reason for this is simply a partisan hack job, whether you meant or not.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic