Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

Please explain this:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/...p-for-veterans/

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politi...dent_pledg.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...yzC_EwD96V9VO80

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2009/03/mili...ograms_031609w/

http://www.projo.com/news/veteransjournal/...13.35ce7a0.html

No one has shown a greater desire to improve veteran treatment and benefits than Barack Obama. I can't help but assume that your Steve Robertson is misinformed and this will all turn out ok in the end.

Ok, after reading a bit more. This is not black and white, and there *are* problems that need to be fixed somehow. Exploring options to fix a problem is a great idea by Obama. This idea basically asks the insurance companies to cover the costs of people whom they insure. In other words: if you insure someone against injury you should have to actually pay for the injuries they sustain.

So I think this concept is looking to try to fix two problems

Insurance companies charging it's customers premiums and not having to pay for injuries because the VA does.

Numerous cases of veterans faking injuries and getting a lifetime VA payment out of it.

I'm sure Obama will figure out some solution to this.

And to you dick bags who are accusing Obama of doing something wrong: This is a proposal/plan/idea and *not* a law. Nothing has been done yet, so.. STFU.

"We appreciate your making the ultimate sacrifice to serve your country, but we regret to inform you that this administration doesn't give a rat's ass about your war-related disabilities and injuries."

Sincerely,

Your New Commander-In-Chief

You don't need to be a wingnut to think this is an absolutely absurd and disrespectful idea.

Give me a break!!

This is a proposal/plan/idea and *not* a law. Nothing has been done yet, so.. STFU.

...so when the Senate or the Congress have a proposal/plan/idea, they're not suppose to talk/discuss/debate said proposal/plan/idea?? They're just suppose to STFU??

You're a freakin MORON!!

No they are supposed to make inaccurate threads that say "this administration doesn't give a rat's ass about your war-related disabilities and injuries" and entirely misrepresent Obama's position in an attempt to harvest mislead hate towards him.

Kind of like going on national TV and saying Bush hates black people

No they are supposed to make inaccurate threads that say "this administration doesn't give a rat's ass about your war-related disabilities and injuries" and entirely misrepresent Obama's position in an attempt to harvest mislead hate towards him.

You're freakin Hilarious. :lol:

There is nothing inaccurate in my interpretation of this move. Anyone can run around shaking hands with the military personnel and telling them they are loved. Wow, terrific PR stuff. So glad he can fit it in before he makes the rounds on Leno.

But why, for the love of all that is holy, would you take a simple benefit like this and turn it over to private insurance carriers? To save $500 million dollars? REALLY? That's your plan? You couldn't just not give that stimulus money to Acorn?

Or maybe it's to make it even HARDER and to take even longer for war veterans to get their benefits? And maybe it's so more people will complain about their "terrible" benefits coverage, including our beloved military, to the extent that people shrug their shoulders and say "Hell, even a universal health care program that has no roadmap to it HAS to better than this crap." And I wonder, will the private insurers put a cap on reimbursements? I mean, okay, so you're burned over 75% of your body and need constant care, but we can only cover you to the cap. So sorry. Thanks for your service.

And it doesn't have to be a law to be a particularly disgusting example of what this administration clearly thinks about its military.

Maybe he'll think differently when his civilian military is in place.

There is nothing inaccurate in my interpretation of this move. Anyone can run around shaking hands with the military personnel and telling them they are loved. Wow, terrific PR stuff. So glad he can fit it in before he makes the rounds on Leno.

But why, for the love of all that is holy, would you take a simple benefit like this and turn it over to private insurance carriers? To save $500 million dollars? REALLY? That's your plan? You couldn't just not give that stimulus money to Acorn?

Or maybe it's to make it even HARDER and to take even longer for war veterans to get their benefits? And maybe it's so more people will complain about their "terrible" benefits coverage, including our beloved military, to the extent that people shrug their shoulders and say "Hell, even a universal health care program that has no roadmap to it HAS to better than this crap." And I wonder, will the private insurers put a cap on reimbursements? I mean, okay, so you're burned over 75% of your body and need constant care, but we can only cover you to the cap. So sorry. Thanks for your service.

And it doesn't have to be a law to be a particularly disgusting example of what this administration clearly thinks about its military.

Maybe he'll think differently when his civilian military is in place.

You know zero about what he thinks of the military and veterans. He's raising the pay of the military and his first lady has made her main priority helping out families of veterans. He has about 20 different plans to help the veterans. Whether he does them or not can be debated later. If he doesn't you have a good right to B word.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promis...jects/veterans/

You know zero about what he thinks of the military and veterans. He's raising the pay of the military and his first lady has made her main priority helping out families of veterans. He has about 20 different plans to help the veterans. Whether he does them or not can be debated later. If he doesn't you have a good right to B word.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promis...jects/veterans/

Great. So he has 20 different plans that have NO ACTION under them and one really, really bad one that he found important enough to make it the highlight of his visit to the head of the American Legion. Funny how they didn't discuss the 20 items has hasn't taken action on. I can see how people are missing the bigger Obama picture.

And yes, given this ridiculous idea, I think it's VERY clear what he thinks about the military and veterans. Though it may well be that Obama just hates private insurance carriers and since he has so little respect for the military that he figures he can ass!@#$ two birds using a single stone.

"What we've been tasked with now is to raise this money through alternative means and we're supposed to have a conference call in two or three days ... with Rahm Emanuel. So the implication was ... you guys come up with a better idea or this is what's going to happen," Roberts said.

A call to the White House was not immediately returned. But a summary of the proposed budget says the president wants to increase funding for VA by $25 billion over five years, and bring more than 500,000 eligible veterans of modest income into the VA health care system by 2013.

"The president's avowed purpose in doing this is to, quote, 'make the insurance companies pay their fair share,'" Roberts said. But he said it will raise premiums, make insurance unaffordable for veterans and impose a massive hardship on military families. It could also prevent small businesses from hiring veterans who have large health care needs, he said.

"It's not the Blue Cross that puts soldiers in harm's way, it's the federal government," Robert said, adding that the American Legion would like the existing system to remain in place. Service-related injuries currently are treated and paid for by the government. The American Legion has proposed that Medicare reimburse the VA for the treatment of veterans.

Veterans are pissed. But who really cares, right?

Why anyone would defend him on this issue is beyond me.

Great. So he has 20 different plans that have NO ACTION under them and one really, really bad one that he found important enough to make it the highlight of his visit to the head of the American Legion. Funny how they didn't discuss the 20 items has hasn't taken action on. I can see how people are missing the bigger Obama picture.

And yes, given this ridiculous idea, I think it's VERY clear what he thinks about the military and veterans. Though it may well be that Obama just hates private insurance carriers and since he has so little respect for the military that he figures he can ass!@#$ two birds using a single stone.

Veterans are pissed. But who really cares, right?

Why anyone would defend him on this issue is beyond me.

Vets were pissed way before Obama came into office. Don't keep throwing out this nonsense that he doesn't care about Vets. It's just dumb.

"We appreciate your making the ultimate sacrifice to serve your country, but we regret to inform you that this administration doesn't give a rat's ass about your war-related disabilities and injuries."

Sincerely,

Your New Commander-In-Chief

You don't need to be a wingnut to think this is an absolutely absurd and disrespectful idea.

Does your therapist know that you've started the "Obama Derangement Syndrome" support group without him being present to supervise it? You know how he feels about you venting without taking your thorazine first.

I am not defending him on the issue, he may be totally wrong on this specific thing. I havent seen the other side of the argument yet. And he didnt go there and make it his main issue, according to the article they sent him a letter and the meeting took place at the White House, which means he invited them there to discuss it. My beef is your characterization of hating veterans because that's bull sh--.

He hasn't done this thing yet and he hasnt done the 20 promises he made to help them. We will see whether he helps Veterans a lot or not. But according to your theory, taking what he says he wants to do as if it's already done, why dont you count all the 20 things he says he will do, too, as gospel. You've become as big a partisan hack as anyone here.

I am not defending him on the issue, he may be totally wrong on this specific thing. I havent seen the other side of the argument yet. And he didnt go there and make it his main issue, according to the article they sent him a letter and the meeting took place at the White House, which means he invited them there to discuss it. My beef is your characterization of hating veterans because that's bull sh--.

He hasn't done this thing yet and he hasnt done the 20 promises he made to help them. We will see whether he helps Veterans a lot or not. But according to your theory, taking what he says he wants to do as if it's already done, why dont you count all the 20 things he says he will do, too, as gospel. You've become as big a partisan hack as anyone here.

Gee, we're both partisan hacks. Who knew? Frankly, I think the dialogue is helpful.

Meanwhile, look at what they were told:

"What we've been tasked with now is to raise this money through alternative means and we're supposed to have a conference call in two or three days ... with Rahm Emanuel. So the implication was ... you guys come up with a better idea or this is what's going to happen," Roberts said.

There's that word again. Implication. Maybe his message was just improperly inferred, right? And yet when the meeting was done, the message was clear: find me half a billion dollars or this WILL happen.

Now, why would I make the leap of faith from "putting war vets on capped personal insurance policies" and "this guy doesn't like our military?"

For starters, over $1B in the stimulus bill -- double what he's trying to shave here -- went to Community Development Block Grants. Need half a billion? Not a bad place to start. I'm sure Acorn and the likes will survive okay, wouldn't you agree?

Another $2.8B went to expanding broadband service in rural areas. We could probably trim some out of there, no?

$40B is going to provide health insurance to the unemployed. FORTY BILLION! Someone can't pull half a billion out of there for the wounded military veterans???? REALLY????

$4.5B is going to make military facilities more energy efficient. That's a lot of lightbulbs, huh?

$18.5B going to the energy department for researchy on renewable energy. Nothing to cut there, I guess.

And the list goes on and on and on. So if the Obama Administration can't simply cut $540M from the almost $70 BILLION just listed above, what else am I supposed to walk away with as a message OTHER than someone could give a rat's ass about military personnel? It's a bad idea, and it is a clear message on how he feels about the military and its personnell.

BTW, as part of the stimulus package, disabled veterans who receive compensation and pension benefits get an extra check for $250 that will just show up in their mailbox. He hates them.

Plus, - $1 billion for VA medical facilities (non-recurring maintenance and energy projects)

- $150 million for VA general operating expenses (hiring and training temporary claims processors)

- $50 million for information technology systems (VA paperless initiative and electronic health records are priority)

- $1 million for the Office of Inspector General

- $150 million in grants for construction of state extended care facilities (acquire or construct State nursing home and domiciliary facilities)

- $50 million for monument and memorial repairs including energy projects

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...ID=200990219010