[closed]PFT: Bus Cook's Buffalo Trip Raises Eyebrows

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/16/...aises-eyebrows/

BUS COOK’S BUFFALO TRIP RAISES EYEBROWS

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 8:31 p.m. EDT

Former Bills offensive lineman Ruben Brown disclosed during his WECK radio show on Monday that agent Bus Cook was in Buffalo.

Apparently, former Bills receiver Eric Moulds, who was represented by Cook during his playing career, mentioned to Brown that Cook was in town.

According to NFLPA records, Cook represents no players currently under contract with the Bills. Thus, speculations is centering on a possible trade of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler or tight end Tony Scheffler, both of whom are Cook clients.

Our buddy Brad Riter of WECK thinks that Scheffler is the more likely trade target.

But, hey, it’s more fun to ponder the possibility of a new quarterback heading to town.

Former Bills offensive lineman Ruben Brown disclosed during his WECK radio show on Monday that agent Bus Cook was in Buffalo.

Apparently, former Bills receiver Eric Moulds, who was represented by Cook during his playing career, mentioned to Brown that Cook was in town.

According to NFLPA records, Cook represents no players currently under contract with the Bills. Thus, speculations is centering on a possible trade of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler or tight end Tony Scheffler, both of whom are Cook clients.

Our buddy Brad Riter of WECK thinks that Scheffler is the more likely trade target.

But, hey, it’s more fun to ponder the possibility of a new quarterback heading to town.

I can't believe they didn't even mention TSW in this article!

Thumbs up scheffler thumbs down cutler, WORK ON THE D!

Work on the D = yes, but to land Cutler for Edwards and any type of draft pick would make the Bills team relevant for the first time in a while.

IMO - Trent Edwards wouldn't even make a good pimple on Jay Cutler's arss! :beer:

:worthy:

McDaniel gets a chance to send Cutler to the AFC East as revenge for Belichik not sending Cassel to Denver. That's how a-holes like Belichik and his proteges operate.

Hopefully for a 2nd round pick.

Thumbs up scheffler thumbs down cutler, WORK ON THE D!

Edwards and a 3rd for Cutler, or Edwards and 'Scoe for Cutler....Bills go DE or LB in the 1st and then again in the 2nd. If the 3rd is still there get Luigis at C. Also the draft is looking good on the lineman, grab at least 2 of them in rd's 4-7.

I think Moulds also said he saw George Seffert at the airport to.

I think a Cutler trade is more plausible than people might think.

Denver can not trade Cutler without getting a starting QB in his place. Cutler has not shown enough to interest teams that already have a solid proven starter. This in mind, teams that might be interested at QB: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Titans, Bucs, Eagles(stretch), 49ers, Raiders, Rams, Bills.

Of that list, only the following teams have a QB that Broncos could even consider starting: Eagles, Raiders, Rams, Bills.

McNabb seems like an unlikely trade. I doubt the Raiders would really consider giving up Russell. Marc Bulger is a possible option.

However, the QB that would best match is probably Trent Edwards. We know for a fact that Denver was interested in Matt Cassel - and really, Edwards is a similar QB. If I'm Denver, I think you can get away with trading for Edwards without worrying that you're throwing away your next season. If you're Buffalo, I don't know that Edwards has done enough to make him untradable.

I'm an Edwards fan so I'm not exactly looking to trade him, I just think it seems like a workable trade. I think Cutler has a bigger arm for TO/Evans...however I also think his personality is such that he's more likely to cause an issue with TO than Edwards.

Just something to think about when you look at it from Denver's point of view. If they're looking to trade Cutler, I don't know how many other teams are as attractive trade partners as Buffalo.

:beer:

I think a Cutler trade is more plausible than people might think.

Denver can not trade Cutler without getting a starting QB in his place. Cutler has not shown enough to interest teams that already have a solid proven starter. This in mind, teams that might be interested at QB: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Titans, Bucs, Eagles(stretch), 49ers, Raiders, Rams, Bills.

Of that list, only the following teams have a QB that Broncos could even consider starting: Eagles, Raiders, Rams, Bills.

McNabb seems like an unlikely trade. I doubt the Raiders would really consider giving up Russell. Marc Bulger is a possible option.

However, the QB that would best match is probably Trent Edwards. We know for a fact that Denver was interested in Matt Cassel - and really, Edwards is a similar QB. If I'm Denver, I think you can get away with trading for Edwards without worrying that you're throwing away your next season. If you're Buffalo, I don't know that Edwards has done enough to make him untradable.

I'm an Edwards fan so I'm not exactly looking to trade him, I just think it seems like a workable trade. I think Cutler has a bigger arm for TO/Evans...however I also think his personality is such that he's more likely to cause an issue with TO than Edwards.

Just something to think about when you look at it from Denver's point of view. If they're looking to trade Cutler, I don't know how many other teams are as attractive trade partners as Buffalo.

:worthy:

McDaniel gets a chance to send Cutler to the AFC East as revenge for Belichik not sending Cassel to Denver. That's how a-holes like Belichik and his proteges operate.

ROFL but probably more true than i realize

Im happy wih Trent and wouldnt give up the farm for Cutler, but if denver is desperate to move him and we can get a favorable deal then i'm all for it. but if not just trade for scheffler and i will sitll be very excited

I don't get it, what is the advantage of Edwards over Cutler for Denver?

The advantage for them is that Edwards is more of a fit to McDaniels style of offense. Cutler is a gunslinger, Edwards is a technician (ideally).

A friend text'd me saying kids on his baseball team heard a rumor regarding marshawn for cutler...

please don't let that happen

omg... i didnt even think of that but it is plausible. marshawn would be beastmode in denver... butttt what would we do with 2 starting QB's which one would go?

I don't get it, what is the advantage of Edwards over Cutler for Denver?

Well, this is only a result of the attempt to trade Cutler for Cassel blowing up in their face. To be honest, I don't even know why they even got into that discussion.

They're in a situation though where Cutler is demanding a trade, their owner has acknowledged they might lose 'their star qb', and it's apparent the new coach isn't 100% on Cutler (as evident by the Cassel trade).

So I think the advantage of Edwards is more resolving their disgruntled QB situation than anything.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.