Cutler's agent (Bus Cook) in town

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. Rather convenient for your argument don't you think? So you would consider Jake Plummer, and Chris Chandler and Jeff George and Craig Morton all time leaders but not Tom Brady and Drew Brees and Jeff Garcia and Bob Greise and Bart Starr. Got it.

All he's saying is that he's amongst the all-time leaders in total passing yards. Nobody's saying Jon Kitna is one of the best quarterbacks ever. He's right in my opinion...think of all the thousands of players who have recorded passing yardage in the NFL...you don't think being top 50 in that statistic puts him "amongst" the all-time leaders, in that particular category?

Its got nothing to do with the level of his play, its just stats.

All he's saying is that he's amongst the all-time leaders in total passing yards. Nobody's saying Jon Kitna is one of the best quarterbacks ever. He's right in my opinion...think of all the thousands of players who have recorded passing yardage in the NFL...you don't think being top 50 in that statistic puts him "amongst" the all-time leaders, in that particular category?

Its got nothing to do with the level of his play, its just stats.

IMO, top 10 and maybe top 20 would be "amongst the all-time leaders". Just one man's opinion. Again, I wouldn't consider any of these guys, Jeff George, Jake Plummer, Chris Chandler, Craig Morton, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Jeff Garcia, Bob Greise, Bart Starr to be amongst the all-time leaders in passing yards. Some are great players and some are not. Some, like Brady and Brees, when they have played 12-15 years may be amongst the all-time leaders, but top 50?

Put it this way, if you started asking 100 football fans to list "all of the all-time nfl leaders in passing yards" they could think of, IMO, Alphadog may be the only fan who says, "Oh, and Jon Kitna!"

First of all the bronco's have not given formal permission to Cutler to seek a trade,therefore his agent can't do squat right now concerning talking with other teams,or its tampering.

So if bus cook was in town it wasn't to talk about Jay Cutler with the Bills, please get a grip willyas

First of all the bronco's have not given formal permission to Cutler to seek a trade,therefore his agent can't do squat right now concerning talking with other teams,or its tampering.

So if bus cook was in town it wasn't to talk about Jay Cutler with the Bills, please get a grip willyas

Unless, of course, the Bills are already talking to the Broncos about Cutler and they just forgot to call you and keep you 'in the loop'. :lol:

:lol::lol::(

Its more played out and used up than Paris Hiltons vagina...

Have you seen that video? The one where Hitler is going off on a tirade about the Bills signing Terrell Owens? It is LOLH! I will try to find a link to it...you gotta see it! Funniest thing you will ever see!

The strange thing about the Broncos reaction in all of this, is that they are "confirming" that Cutler has asked for a trade. That kind of tells me, they will be willing to listen to offers. If they weren't, one would assume that they (like the Panthers did earlier tonight, in reference to Peppers to the Pats talk) would issue a statement saying they will not trade him... I don't see him winding up in Buffalo, but I am thinking that he won't be in Denver for the 2009 season. If they really wanted Cutler to be a Bronco, Bowlan would be stepping in to this situation. Everything from the Broncos end of things, to me, indicates that they don't really want him. I guess, with a new regime, in what is a re-building year for the Broncos, maybe cutting ties with your best player, and seeing what you can get in return, makes some sense.

The strange thing about the Broncos reaction in all of this, is that they are "confirming" that Cutler has asked for a trade. That kind of tells me, they will be willing to listen to offers. If they weren't, one would assume that they (like the Panthers did earlier tonight, in reference to Peppers to the Pats talk) would issue a statement saying they will not trade him... I don't see him winding up in Buffalo, but I am thinking that he won't be in Denver for the 2009 season. If they really wanted Cutler to be a Bronco, Bowlan would be stepping in to this situation. Everything from the Broncos end of things, to me, indicates that they don't really want him. I guess, with a new regime, in what is a re-building year for the Broncos, maybe cutting ties with your best player, and seeing what you can get in return, makes some sense.

It seems pretty darn clear to me that they'd be very, very happy to unload him.

Will you guys stop talking about this like it might actually happen?

There is NO WAY that Cutler is going to be in Buffalo......no way....:lol:

John, it appears evident the Broncos will deal him for the right offer. Why not Buffalo? Someone's gonna get him.

IMO, top 10 and maybe top 20 would be "amongst the all-time leaders". Just one man's opinion. Again, I wouldn't consider any of these guys, Jeff George, Jake Plummer, Chris Chandler, Craig Morton, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Jeff Garcia, Bob Greise, Bart Starr to be amongst the all-time leaders in passing yards. Some are great players and some are not. Some, like Brady and Brees, when they have played 12-15 years may be amongst the all-time leaders, but top 50?

Put it this way, if you started asking 100 football fans to list "all of the all-time nfl leaders in passing yards" they could think of, IMO, Alphadog may be the only fan who says, "Oh, and Jon Kitna!"

Awesome!

Why would someone come to town just to 'talk' about a 'potential' trade?

Doesn't this guy have a phone?

I understand that players like to see the practice facility and meet face to face with the coaches who will be their new bosses, but why does an agent visit without a player?

Like I said,get a grip Thinking the Bills are in talks with the Bronco's in trades for Cutler is just plain silly :lol:

But who thought that Owens was even a remote possibility until we got the text message that one glorious Saturday. "The Bills have announced a 6:15 PM news conference." :lol:

But who thought that Owens was even a remote possibility until we got the text message that one glorious Saturday. "The Bills have announced a 6:15 PM news conference." :lol:

Actually, if you were here on the Wall that Saturday, you may have known before you got that text ...

If he was in town and a trade was being discussed, it was more than likely for the Broncos TE Scheffler and not for Cutler. It seems like a much more likely scenario and a bigger need for the Bills actually.

I posted in several places here that after the TO signing, it only makes sense for the Bills to move way up on their priority list to signing a pass-catching Tight End. Again, since the TO signing is for THIS YEAR, the focus must be on winning this year. A key missing component is a Pass-catching TE.

Next, and of equal importance, is the offensive line. I have no idea if the Bills will give in to Peter's demand or not. I know if I were running the Bils negotiations, my "front' would be to play hard ball TRYING to get his demands down but, in the end, I would lean towards giving him what he wants. The trade scenario has two big problems:

1.) Getting value for Peters (a 1st round pick)

2.) What to do THIS YEAR about the gaping hole his departure would mean.

By the way, I am still hoping the Bills ALSO trade for Waters.

To conclude, trade for Scheffler, sign Peters, trade for Waters, and sign either Cato or Crowell.

Draft the best DE or Offensive lineman on the board in round 1.

-done :lol: