T.O., #81, and the locker room photo

T.O. spoke with Shredd & Reagan and was asked what number he would wear. He said that when he was given a tour of the facility he was shown a locker with an "Owens #81" jersey in it. He never brought up getting the number. The Bills insinuated that the number was his already. So did they speak with Hardy before they did this?

PTR

T.O. spoke with Shredd & Reagan and was asked what number he would wear. He said that when he was given a tour of the facility he was shown a locker with an "Owens #81" jersey in it. He never brought up getting the number. The Bills insinuated that the number was his already. So did they speak with Hardy before they did this?

PTR

I wonder why they have Owens number as "1" on the jersey pre-sale page then?

Also, if they had a jersey made, they missed the primo, cliche "holding up the jersey" photo op for nothing :(

We better not get actual drama out of this.

Guess thats all in Hardy's hands.

Heres how this conversation about number 81 went or is going to sound like..

Russ To Hardy: James your new number is 85...

That better be how it goes. Hardy hasn't prove he has the right to keep his number and besides he can learn a lot from a great receiver like TO (like how to catch a football)

:(

I have very little doubt, Hardy will see a few thousand $$, for the "favor".

Wasn't the #85 Kevin Everett's number? I don't think anyone is donning that one again are they?

PTR

The Bills are probably giving him the number because they don't want this thing to start off on a sour note. They need to keep this guy happy from the get go.

Hardy should just give it up to Owens anyway, he's a sophmore who hasn't proven anything yet. Besides, he can probably just get it back next year.

Someone also mentioned that Reebok (or whoever makes the jerseys) has to be reimbursed for any unsold Hardy-81 stock. Who's footing that Bill, Russ?

PTR

I bet that would be costly. I wouldn't think there are a ton of them that sold, being that he had basically no production, sans one nice TD.

That better be how it goes. Hardy hasn't prove he has the right to keep his number and besides he can learn a lot from a great receiver like TO (like how to catch a football)

Have you seen TO catch a football.........Please tell me you didnt say that