Eagles and Peters

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Clayton just said on ESPN that the Eagles may make a move for Jason Peters.

If they give up both of their 1st round picks for him you almost have to do the deal. That would give us three 1st round picks. You talk about being able to build a team quick? That would enable us to get ALOT of talent out of this year's draft pool. We could get Alex Mack to play OG or C, an OT replacement for Peters, and a DE like Ayers or Johnson in the 1st.

Here's why this could happen:

1. Ralph is trying to sell tickets. 3 first rounders could really create some buzz.

Teams generally sign the other rounds first, to see how much money they have for their 1st rounder.

Good luck, trying to sign three 1st round choices...

:P

If they give up both of their 1st round picks for him you almost have to do the deal. That would give us three 1st round picks. You talk about being able to build a team quick? That would enable us to get ALOT of talent out of this year's draft pool. We could get Alex Mack to play OG or C, an OT replacement for Peters, and a DE like Ayers or Johnson in the 1st.

I agree. I know Peters is a good LT but he's been inconsistent at times and let a lot of fans down last year. The ONLY way you would take this deal is 2 first rounders. That would give us 3 first round picks assuming we would get 2 in a trade. That would give us a lot of possibilities and would more than likely build a winner.

But the Bills would once again be creating a weak spot on the team. I guess I'm not seeing the point in signing TO to a one-year deal if you're setting things up so that Edwards will be flat on his back half the time. I shudder to think of what defenses will throw at him if the Bills go with untested players at both LG and LT.

This should under no circumstances happen. I dont care if they give us their entire draft. It's hard to find quality LT's. The only way the Bills should even entertain this, is if Philly threw in Trent Cole. Even then the Bills should not self inflict another hole on the offensive line.

I'm all for keeping Jason Peters on the Buffalo Bills. He's still a quality young LT developing into something special for years to come. Why would you want to trade a young beast like this?

Sign him!

Go Bills!

Getting a great guaranteed LOT is priceless......... The Bills have one.....

If there is a serious trade..... Take two firsts from Philly and a starting guard ...... maybe then...... That is how good Peters is...

I am glad to see that the general consensus on this board is for keeping Peters. Proven LT's are too hard to find. It is a crap shoot in the draft.

To tell you the truth, I don't believe that Philly would even trade their two 1st round picks for him. Having said that, This would be the only condition that I would consider if I were a part of the Bills FO.

It just doesn't make sens that we would do this. We made the move for T.O, this is an important year, do or die time. Bills fans are excited, we have some real weapons both in the backfield and WR's, and now we have Trent in his second full season, which he is expected to and should improve.

Taking away blind side protection would be insane, unless we KNEW we had someone who could do the job.

It is highly doubtful that Philly would give up both first rounders this year. I agree that Peters is worthy of two first-round picks, nothing less, but that would most likely mean a 1st this year and a 1st next year.

Plus, I doubt our management would be excited about the prospect of negotiating three first-round contracts in one draft class.

Donovan McNabb :lol:

And then sign Jeff Garcia as a backup. :P

Seriously, if we trade Peters this year, we're not serious about winning this season. Just imagine TO hearing the Bills traded their 2 time pro LT for a draft pick? I could hear Mount TO start rumbling from here.

Do you think he has earned the contract he wants? If not, and he doesnt get it, then he likely holds out again which holds us back once again...

I don't know about "earned it" but he is YOUNG & proven. I would HOPE the Bills could get something done with him.(they are used to OVER PAYING players) IF they can't make him happy then you may be right & they have NO CHOICE but to trade him. I would want a #1 & 2 this year & a #1 & 3 next year if I were GM.

Tempting but still probably not worth it.

Sure it is. Peters was ordinary last year. The fact that he was voted to the PB? Politics over performance. He also showed a selfishness that should have disappointed everyone but it only disappointed about half of Bills fans. The way he handled last offseason was ridiculous, and he lost a lot of respect.

He also has a recurring groin issue, which can haunt a player.

And then sign Jeff Garcia as a backup. :P

Seriously, if we trade Peters this year, we're not serious about winning this season. Just imagine TO hearing the Bills traded their 2 time pro LT for a draft pick? I could hear Mount TO start rumbling from here.

Not to mention that his OLD BUDDY McNabb would be his QB. Talk about the TO SHOW..............getcha popcorn ready if that ever happened.

Were you watching the game i was watching? Gandy had multiple holding penalties, and Harrison blew right by him many times.

SO the Arizona Qb was hampered so much he only threw for close to 400 yards, 3 TD's IN THE SUPER BOWL, AGAINST PROBABLY THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE, but that Gandy guy was the reason Arizona lost. Wow, I wish our left tackle let players harrass our Qb's enough to get 400 yards per game.

Do you even read what you write?