Eagles and Peters

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Clayton just said on ESPN that the Eagles may make a move for Jason Peters.

I would be so friggin pissed if we traded him for a draft pick.

Just imagine, we trade a proven product for 1st round unknown tackle. :P

I don't like this

John Clayton just said on ESPN that the Eagles may make a move for Jason Peters.

Any player can be had for the right price (for example the Vikes gave the Boys a leg up on multiple championships for Herschel Walker).

Even though a trade may be generally a bad idea if some fools want to give up too much for someone that is fine.

Did Clayton at least have theory what we would get or is his usual fact-free opinion.

It would be a STUPID MOVE by the Bills to trade Peters, LT's don't grow on trees. What could Philly offer that would compensate for the loss of Peters?

two first rounders this year, which would mean that we would have three.

It's a no brainer, if you can trade Peters for their first 1st answer more, I say he'll yes. There are 3 great LT prospects in our range. That frees up the Bills to possibly also grab Pettigrew or Maybin if he slips. If Maybin is gone, Cushing or Maleuga will presumably be there to fill other needs.

two first rounders this year, which would mean that we would have three.

We could have 5 first rounders. You're not going to find a LT as good as Peters in this draft.

The only options for teams in our division against stopping our passing game is to blitz the hell out of Edwards before he can throw the ball. Having major holes at both LT and LG would not be wise.

I was listening this morning on M & M in the morning and Clayton comes on with his normal NFL news and they got on the subject of Philly not doing anything but losing players like Thomas to FA and Clayton mentioned they were interested in Jason Peters if the contract doesn't work out. He didn't say the Bills were interested or anything like that. That's kind of crazy. I would hope they would get two number 1 picks if they want our left tackle.

It's a no brainer, if you can trade Peters for their first 1st answer more, I say he'll yes. There are 3 great prospects in our range. That frees up the Bills to possibly also grab Pettigrew or Maybin if he slips. If Maybin is gone, Cushing or Maleuga will presumably be there to fill other needs.

Add the fact that Orlando Pace has been released. He could fill a void till a rookie is ready

We could have 5 first rounders. You're not going to find a LT as good as Peters in this draft.

The only options for teams in our division against stopping our passing game is to blitz the hell out of Edwards before he can throw the ball. Having major holes at both LT and LG would not be wise.

You are clearly living in 2007 because everything he's done before that and since then says otherwise...he had only 1 year worthy of that praise, and it wasnt his most recent...