Eagles and Peters

It's a no brainer, if you can trade Peters for their first 1st answer more, I say he'll yes. There are 3 great LT prospects in our range. That frees up the Bills to possibly also grab Pettigrew or Maybin if he slips. If Maybin is gone, Cushing or Maleuga will presumably be there to fill other needs.

That's what makes it tempting if we can draft an LT at 11 that can really play this would be a great move. Unfortunately there are no guarantees in the draft.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what makes it tempting if we can draft an LT at 11 that can really play this would be a great move. Unfortunately there are no guarantees in the draft.

I'll say it again Orlando Pace would make a great stop gap. Though there is a injury risk but he was a 7 time probowler

They have 2 first rounders.

The 21st and 28th picks. I don't want to see him traded but the scuttlebut is that Bell is doing really well. I believe Williams said that. If Bell can move in smoothly to JP's spot, which I highly doubt, then I would trade Peters for Phillys two first rounders this year and a third this year and a third next year. Anything less and I'd keep him.

As someone above said an inquiry is not a likely trade.

You are clearly living in 2007 because everything he's done before that and since then says otherwise...he had only 1 year worthy of that praise, and it wasnt his most recent...

Yeah, because Peters clearly lost all of his god given ability.

Sorry, but Peters has talent that not more than 2 tackles in this league have. Its rare to find. I'd take my chances that he returns to form before I pin our offensive production on a rookie left side of the line and tackles who don't come close to Peters' potential.

Tempting but still probably not worth it.

I would go for it in a second. Peters wants 1/10th the cap space and we can be offered 2 1st rounders that cure TE and Center and for our 11th pick we get a stout defender I say we go for it.

Walker did fine at LT, actually better than Peters this year.

I'd upgrade at 2 more positions for a fraction of the cost. Peters isn't playing for us anyway without 8 figure salary. He really hurt the O-line chemistry last year and he should just go.

Take their 1st rounders and next years 2nd. Done, take it. Last time I checked Gandy was sufficient for the Cards (although looked horrible in the SB), but I watched a lot of Cards games and he was fine.

I'd trade him if he is asking for too ridiculous of a contract. He's a pro-bowler and feels he is the best left tackle in the game. If he skips out on camps and has too high of an asking price then trade him!!!!

ps. to have a better opinion on this I would like to know what he is asking for and what the eagles are going to give up. I doubt it is too first rounders.

Sorry, but Peters has talent that not more than 2 tackles in this league have. Its rare to find. I'd take my chances that he returns to form before I pin our offensive production on a rookie left side of the line and tackles who don't come close to Peters' potential.

I gotta agree.

No way do we trade a peters for an unproven tackle.

Can hear Mort already No way the coaching staff signed off on this. Next day Dickie states "I told Ralph to trade him".

1 year in 5 was at the talent level you speak of, and it wasnt 2008. So how do you know 2007 wasnt a fluke? I can name plenty of players who had amazing single seasons, even one or two, just to be mediocre or worse the rest of their career. There are still a lot of quesiton marks around Peters in my mind...it doesnt help in a year he was playing for a huge contract (2008) following a hold out, he put up one of his worst seasons...

So to make the claim that even 5 first rounders wouldnt be worth it is insane, and to say no Tackles in the draft will ever be as good as our guy who gave up double digit sacks in a year he is playing for big dollars is a bit bold IMO...espeially about a guy who doesnt have a history of great season, just one, and it was in 07...

I'd trade him if he is asking for too ridiculous of a contract. He's a pro-bowler and feels he is the best left tackle in the game. If he skips out on camps and has too high of an asking price then trade him!!!!

ps. to have a better opinion on this I would like to know what he is asking for and what the eagles are going to give up. I doubt it is too first rounders.

By the time camp comes the eagles will probably have filled the hole at LT.

1 year in 5 was at the talent level you speak of, and it wasnt 2008. So how do you know 2007 wasnt a fluke? I can name plenty of players who had amazing single seasons, even one or two, just to be mediocre or worse the rest of their career. There are still a lot of quesiton marks around Peters in my mind...it doesnt help in a year he was playing for a huge contract (2008) following a hold out, he put up one of his worst seasons...

So to make the claim that even 5 first rounders wouldnt be worth it is insane, and to say no Tackles in the draft will ever be as good as our guy who gave up double digit sacks in a year he is playing for big dollars is a bit bold IMO...espeially about a guy who doesnt have a history of great season, just one, and it was in 07...

The fact Peters held out, No Training Camp, etc. had NOTHING to do with his off year in 08.

You're mistaking production for talent.

Trading young franchise LT's in their prime is a hallmark of quality football organizations.

Lol @ anyone wanting to do this.

What makes him a franchise LT? Because in one of his 5 years (2007) he put up a great season? He followed it up with a terrible season for a player of his so called caliber...lets look at the facts...

Bills gave him a new contract based on his much improved performance...

Then he goes out and "outplays" that contract in the first year of the deal...

Now he holds out for a contract to be the highest paid OL in the league even though he just got a new deal...

Comes back and puts up a season where he severly regresses and gives up double digit sacks, one not worthy of his existing deal, let alone the deal he wants...

So, what makes him a franchise LT? His name or his play on the field? Because if you go off his on field play, he was severly beaten many times last year and was no where near the player he was in 2007. He has a lot of question marks still, especially after putting up a lame season in a year he is playing to get a contract to be highest paid OL in the league...

If he is here, great, I hope he redeems himself. But, I for one don't think we should give him the contract HE wants because he has NOT earned it...and if is going to hold out for it, then we are best served trading him, especially if we can get extra 1st round draft picks, and get some young guys in here right at the start of camp.

Just my 2 cents...