Terrell Owens, Andre Reed, Jerry Rice

They all played at small D1-AA or D-2 schools. Owens at UT-Chattanooga, Reed at Kutztown State, Rice at Mississippi Valley State. So the question I have is why when people look at the draft for WRs, why aren't small school players ever discussed?

PTR

They all played at small D1-AA or D-2 schools. Owens at UT-Chattanooga, Reed at Kutztown State, Rice at Mississippi Valley State. So the question I have is why when people look at the draft for WRs, why aren't small school players ever discussed?

PTR

Also Randy Moss began his collegiate career at Division 1 AA until Marshall turned into a 1A program his sophomore season.

In terms of looking at small school players it's all a matter of the level of competition. You start to wonder if the player be as good with a bigger school program. Ie big fish in small pond or small fish in big pond.

PTR

They're all gonna wind up in the Hall of Fame too.

Also Randy Moss began his collegiate career at Division 1 AA until Marshall turned into a 1A program his sophomore season.

In terms of looking at small school players it's all a matter of the level of competition. You start to wonder if the player be as good with a bigger school program. Ie big fish in small pond or small fish in big pond.

Moss' situation was a little different: he was off to Notre Dame until they saw what a douche he was, then he went to Florida State, same deal there, then he wound up at Marshall. lol.

PTR

Here's one who'll be this year's D1-AA success:Ramses Barden. He's 6'6" 227 pounds (think Plaxico Burress size). 67 receptions, 1,257 yds, 18 TD's. He'd be value in RD#3.

From ESPN.com:

"Ramses Barden rising quickly||Barden is shooting up draft boards thanks to his size (6-foot-6, 220 pounds) and athleticism. While he doesn't have elite top-end speed Ramses does have impressive body control and soft hands. He dominated FCS competition this season, catching a touchdown once in every four receptions, and he showed against Wisconsin (6 rec., 83 yds., 1 TD) that he can hold his own against top competition. Ramses figures to come off the board early on Day 2 but could go as early as the late second round."

Here's one who'll be this year's D1-AA success:Ramses Barden. He's 6'6" 227 pounds (think Plaxico Burress size). 67 receptions, 1,257 yds, 18 TD's. He'd be value in RD#3.

From ESPN.com:

"Ramses Barden rising quickly||Barden is shooting up draft boards thanks to his size (6-foot-6, 220 pounds) and athleticism. While he doesn't have elite top-end speed Ramses does have impressive body control and soft hands. He dominated FCS competition this season, catching a touchdown once in every four receptions, and he showed against Wisconsin (6 rec., 83 yds., 1 TD) that he can hold his own against top competition. Ramses figures to come off the board early on Day 2 but could go as early as the late second round."

His 4.61 is going to force him down draft boards and they've been questions about his ability to beat jam coverage. I suspect he'll be at the earliest a Round 4 pick but could go lower.

His 4.61 is going to force him down draft boards and they've been questions about his ability to beat jam coverage. I suspect he'll be at the earliest a Round 4 pick but could go lower.

right...he is gonna jammed up by guys that are 7-8 inches shorter and 35 pounds lighter than he is....

The guy should be manhandling those shorter players at the line if they try and jam him, ala Owens...

Don't quote me but it wouldnt surprise me if Plax and Brandon Marshall are similar possibly even slower than a 4.61. A 4.61 is very fast for a guy 6'6 and 220+.

PTR

Have you ever watched the draft? These things are discussed all the time.

right...he is gonna jammed up by guys that are 7-8 inches shorter and 35 pounds lighter than he is....

The guy should be manhandling those shorter players at the line if they try and jam him, ala Owens...

You mean like 6'5" 212 lbs. James Hardy who also...can't get off a jam??

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

Also, those guys along with Moss, Irvin, Burress, etc. are/were big, physical receivers. Then tend to have a lot more success than the guys who are 5' 10", 180.