T.O wanted to go to the Bills

Magox

How soon till he sits out and demands more money?

I think it's more likely that he pitches a fit at Trent for checking down too much (if TE comes out as he did the second half the year instead of the first half).

I don't see any way possible Trent is able to get TO the ball enough to keep his crap from coming out. But we'll see. As much as I don't want TO on the team, this one signing automatically makes every other position on the team better. No way can defenses stack the box with Evans and Owens out there. The line will have easier schemes to deal with, RB's should have more room, Edwards has more options. If they can somehow make it work where no one else has been able to, it could be a good deal.

He has always kept his mouth shut and played well the 1st year of his contracts.....then in year 2 starts to mouth off a bit. I think for one year 6.5M it is a very good signing!!! Well done. Nice to see the Bills relevant on national stage again.

Rosenhaus said that there were 3-4 other teams that wanted T.O, but T.O wanted to go to the Bills...

Do you believe this?

Translation - Buffalo guaranteed more money than anyone else. If TO gets hit by a freight train on the street he'll still make $6.5 where he wouldn't have anywhere else.

Translation - Buffalo guaranteed more money than anyone else. If TO gets hit by a freight train on the street he'll still make $6.5 where he wouldn't have anywhere else.

Guaranteed money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He may be an ass, but he's no dummy.

I say this is a big picture move, he acts like a normal person while in a blue collar city that will still have him, creating at least the illusion he is a team player and scores a big pay day somewhere else next year.

regardless of the reason he signed, he's 35yrs old now, not too many more chances are coming as old man status hits.

I think it's more likely that he pitches a fit at Trent for checking down too much (if TE comes out as he did the second half the year instead of the first half).

With TO and Lee on the team, if Trent checks down all of the time, Turk should be the one pitching a fit.

In the NFL a good QB has to throw into coverage and trust his receivers.

Besides, Dick's #1 ability is, supposidly, his ability to handle players. Now's the time to put that skill to the test.

I think TO may have picked Buffalo. Aside from ndirish1978's point, TO gets to come into a team with a lame duck coach and staff. He signs a one year deal and gets a chance to be the savior. If the Bills are relevant next year, it will be because of TO. Think about what we know about TO's personality. Buffalo may be a small pond, but TO has a chance to be more than just a big fish, he may be a jesus fish. (even if it is only in his mind)

While I doubt TO really "wanted" to come to Buffalo, I can believe he was on the list of teams, he would play for. When it became clear he wasn't wanted by too many NFL teams, I'm guessing the Bills looked like the prescription for a one-year image repair. He and Evans will make a nice tandom, Reed does a lot of the dirty work (something TO has never been shy of doing, either)...very little National press (once the initial shock wears off). He can retire, or make one last big FA push, if he has a nice productive year, and helps bring the Bills to respectability.