Could something bigger be coming up??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they trade lynch?? He is 22 years old and good already. Jackson is like 28 and is almost at that magic # for running backs.. 30

I think they would be shopping Jackson not lynch, and its best to do it now as jackson's value is pretty high

So all these backs keep on coming here. Why? I don't get it. I don't think the Bills would ever cut Omon, so wouldn't Lynch or Jackson have to go??

I ran across this story this morning - http://buf.scout.com/2/844350.html

I really think the Bills are at least exploring this possibility of trading Beast Mode.

You realize how massively gigantic the downgrade is from Lynch to Foster or Jones right?

You realize how massively gigantic the downgrade is from Lynch to Foster or Jones right?

That is not the point.

I think if Lynch is let go, Jackson would start. The equation to think about is Lynch+Lynch's off-field troubles+Jackson > Jackson+Foster/Jones ???

The author does make some valid points. We are presumably set at RB so there is little reason to bring in these second-tier running backs unless Lynch or Jackson are not in the Bills' plans for 2009.

if they trade lynch for anything less than a pro bowl quarterback, i will never watch the bills again

Yeah. We're just one Pro Bowl QB away from a title...

I don't know if this is anywhere near a reality, but if they trade him for pass rush help (OLB or DE), that would @ least be an attempt to fix one of the team's biggest problem areas for years.

Then again, they'd probably trade Marshawn for a backup DE and an OLB coming off career threatening surgery.

The offseason has been spent undoing much of what Levy/Jauron did in 06-07. Dockery, Royal, and Fowler are out the door. If Lynch is gone, it fits a convenient message that seems to be out there. And it is simply that they feel is necessary to cut out the weeds and grow newer, less controversial players.

They may think Jackson is good enough to be a starter, and he's an intriguing option. Jackson's wear and tear isn't nearly as significant as most 28 year old backs. He played Arena ball, in NFL Europe, and other leagues. It's not as though he's got 300+ carries on those legs for the past 6 seasons.

All of the backs brought to Buffalo are experienced in sharing carries. That's very noteworthy.

That is not the point.

I think if Lynch is let go, Jackson would start. The equation to think about is Lynch+Lynch's off-field troubles+Jackson > Jackson+Foster/Jones ???

The author does make some valid points. We are presumably set at RB so there is little reason to bring in these second-tier running backs unless Lynch or Jackson are not in the Bills' plans for 2009.

I'd say Lynch+Lynch's legal troubles+Jackson still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jackson+Foster/Jones

Yeah. We're just one Pro Bowl QB away from a title...

I don't know if this is anywhere near a reality, but if they trade him for pass rush help (OLB or DE), that would @ least be an attempt to fix one of the team's biggest problem areas for years.

Then again, they'd probably trade Marshawn for a backup DE and an OLB coming off career threatening surgery.

Sad, but oh so true.

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down here. 1) Why can't Omon be cut, or at least relegated to the practice squad? 2) Do NOT trade Lynch for anything less than a Julius Peppers. 3) 28 year-old Fred Jackson and oft-injured Kevin Jones to replace Marshawn? Seriously? No thanks. 4) Nobody wants to trade for a 28 year-old RB, I promise.

Why would they trade lynch?? He is 22 years old and good already. Jackson is like 28 and is almost at that magic # for running backs.. 30

I think they would be shopping Jackson not lynch, and its best to do it now as jackson's value is pretty high

Considering his age and little NFL experience, I don't think Jackson would bring in very much in a trade. His biggest value is probably as a backup just as he is here. I don't think he could really take the beating of an every down back, but he is an excellent change of pace behind a good NFL back.