So Far We've Lost More Talent Then We've Gained

Florence Replaces Greer = Loss of Talent

Nobody to replace Dockery = Loss of Talent

Fitzpatrick replaces Losman = Equal

Hangartner replaces Fowler+Preston = Equal

Nobody replaces Royal = Loss of Talent

Nobody to replace Lynch who will be suspended for one to five games. If he is drug tested he will most likely come up positive for marijuana which equals an automative four game suspension along with his gun issues.

nobody to replace Hardy who will basically be rehabbing all of next year.

So far we have less talent than last year.

We have downgraded our talent level on a team that needs to improve drastically on talent level. At this point in time, we have more needs than we did after last year. What the hell is this front office doing?

We have no replacement at Guard or TE, we need to improve WR, C, DE, DT, LB and we may be out a RB for several weeks. There are not enough quality FA left to truly improve this team going into the draft. Our track record with draft picks is they don't make a true contribution until their second or third year unless they bust before.

The only silver lining is if we suck again, we get rid of Jauron and perhaps we can get Cowher as coach next year. But I won't hold my breath.

Nobody to replace Lynch who will be suspended for one to five games. If he is drug tested he will most likely come up positive for marijuana which equals an automative four game suspension along with his gun issues.

We have downgraded our talent level on a team that needs to improve drastically on talent level. At this point in time, we have more needs than we did after last year. What the hell is this front office doing?

We have no replacement at Guard or TE, we need to improve WR, C, DE, DT, LB and we may be out a RB for several weeks. There are not enough quality FA left to truly improve this team going into the draft. Our track record with draft picks is they don't make a true contribution until their second or third year unless they bust before.

The only silver lining is if we suck again, we get rid of Jauron and perhaps we can get Cowher as coach next year. But I won't hold my breath.

I'm sorry, but this makes us instant Superbowl Contenders

Who gave you inside info on Hardy's rehab. Last I heard it was going very well.

Ever heard of the draft? By the way, free agency/trade possibilities are not over. You talk about the OG/TE positions as if there is no possible way to attain players at this point.

"You in here for some MARIJUANA!!! Marijuana is not a drug..." " Have you ever sucked @%# for some Marijuana?"

Come on man, you have to be a complete idiot if you don't know how rid your body of some marijuana..

Yea I actually think this was a very good post. I don't like being one of those the sky is falling people (because the sky has already crashed over the Bills multiple times), but there is a difference between being negative and being realistic.

While I agree, losing Royal was not a downgrade, the rest of the points are well taken. The basic point is, the Bills have not improved since last season. The loss of Greer will be substantial unless McKelvin steps up. Dockery played terribly, but unles Waters comes our way, we are not in a position to sign a substantial upgrade at Tackle and most likely Chambers will take that role. Hardy's rehab might be going well, but rehab does not include learning how to run routes and physically break away from NFL caliber CB's. We need a legitimate WR or all bets are off for next season.

The draft WILL NOT SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS! So get over it. Even if Modrak has the best draft of his life, a rookie will not get the Bills into the playoffs.

Unless the FO makes a few killer trades, or springs for one of the top Veteran FA left on the market, we are in rough shape going into next season.

Florence Replaces Greer = Loss of Talent Wrong-McKelvin replaces him, Florence in Nickel. Solid corps

Nobody to replace Dockery = Loss of Talent Wrong - we are still looking for a replacement, either Waters, Simmons, or a draft pick. All better

Hangartner replaces Fowler+Preston = Equal Wrong-Hangartner is MUCH better

Nobody replaces Royal = Loss of Talent Wrong-Even just Fine in there for now is better.

See my opinions above.

Plus, dude... we are not even a week into free agency and haven't drafted yet, and you're expecting all our replacements to be here already. Calm the eff down and post this the first week of the season.

It's all musical chairs. The only difference between the guys we've added and the ones we've lost is the arrangement of letters on the back of their jerseys. Buffalo was in no position to add a difference making free agent, like Haynesworth.

The upcoming season will be decided by how Trent Edwards and Aaron Schobel play. The future beyond that will be decided by our draft and the development of our young players.

This is true

It is the basis of the Bills mindless moves each year.

Create holes needlessly by cutting starters witout a plan to replace them.

Use scarce resources to replace the lost player(s) with lesser talent - while ignoring other pre-existing holes.

happens every year like clockwork.

the team treads water and never improves.

the treadmill to nowhere.

Nobody to replace Lynch who will be suspended for one to five games.....

My take on your assessment:

Florence Replaces McKelvin who split nickel with Youboty = Gain of Talent and depth at the nickel spot.

McKelvin replaces Greer at CB = Equal to Gain of Talent by the end of the '09 season, as McKelvin settles in to starting.

Anybody to replace Dockery will = Gain of Talent, since Dockery sucked and was a huge waste of valuable money.

Fitzpatrick replaces Losman = Gain of Talent, since Fitzpatrick is equal at QB, but will be a much bigger help to Trent.

Hangartner replaces Fowler+Preston = Gain of Talent. (both Fowler & Preston sucked at center.)

Anybody to replace Royal will = Gain of Talent (As long as the new TE can catch passes when wide open for first downs.)

Nobody to replace Lynch who will be suspended for one to five games....or 8 games to an entire season, for all we know. That one I agree with, Lynch is a special talent on the field, and I think the Bills should suck it up and keep him on the team.