So the general TSW feeling is no matter what we do

Sign Coles, don't sign Coles. Leonhard sucks, I can't believe the Jets signed Leonhard and we didn't. Extend Peters, or don't. Jauron needs to go, he deserves another year. Trent is our savior, Trent is just as bad as JP. Sign a backup QB, oh no - we signed Fitzpatrick. Bills better get moving and sign some FAs, I can't believe the bums we're signing.

I am baffled - the overall tone of TSW these days seems to be, no matter what the Bills front office does, basically we are destined to still suck.

True or False?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, we have a bunch of whiny gloomy people who don't know what they are talking about. They will always exist . We could go 500-0 next season (yea that is right, the bills could invent hundreds of games and win them), and we would complain about a pick trent threw in the superbowl while winning 49-0

Sign Coles, don't sign Coles. Leonhard sucks, I can't believe the Jets signed Leonhard and we didn't. Extend Peters, or don't. Jauron needs to go, he deserves another year. Trent is our savior, Trent is just as bad as JP. Sign a backup QB, oh no - we signed Fitzpatrick. Bills better get moving and sign some FAs, I can't believe the bums we're signing.

I am baffled - the overall tone of TSW these days seems to be, no matter what the Bills front office does, basically we are destined to still suck.

True or False?

Add that any player lusted over, that signs with another team, becomes a worthless bum and the team signing him a bunch of overpaying saps.

:rolleyes:

And I understand that, except that everyone seems to agree on one thing - no matter what we do, we will still suck, no?

no...NO...I will not be grouped with those negative nancy's...NEVER! The Bills don't suck...they are just averge at this point...soon moving to greatness and the glory of the Kelly era will reemerge!!!!!!!!

no...NO...I will not be grouped with those negative nancy's...NEVER! The Bills don't suck...they are just averge at this point...soon moving to greatness and the glory of the Kelly era will reemerge!!!!!!!!

Now that is what I am talking about. Sarcasm or not, we are a few players, a good draft ,and a good QB play away from a playoff run

True or False?

Not true. If the bills make aggressive moves and signed some guys with talent, we of course are not destined to suck. The problem is that our management team does not make aggressive moves and does NOT bring in guys with talent, (See - the Florence signing) Hence, we do suck. Period. Hate on me all you want. NO ONE can argue my point.

True or False?

Its always been a mixed bag arounf here even though it looke like ive only been a memebr since 05 I ahve actually been once since either 2000 or 2001 cannot recall I know there was server melt down in 05 and hat to reregister-anyway.

Itas always been- Rj should be in ther no Flutie should fluties to old blah balh we have complained about everyting this team has done or over joyed at waht this team has done.

Personally I am realisitic about this team now-not optimistic or cynical but realistic.

Coles would have been the addition we needed to improve our offense. We still need a vet possession receiver and the team knows and im glad the attempted to address it and hopefully still will.

As far s bums go- Hangartner seems like a great upgrade over fowler and preston at a reasonable price. Fitz patric dont know what to say there but I lik the concenus nobody to really take the job away, no division of the team who really wnats fitz to start-cannot say I do.

Florence is an equal to Greer at a fraction of the cost alows the team to keep Mcgee if they choose.

Baffled about the RB thing at the moment need clarity soon.

Their bringing in LBs which is what the team needs and migh trade for a LG the team needs.

I am not upset with waht the team is doing granted like some it would be ncie to get a name but the REALITY is we have to build something players WANT to come to first.

True or False?

Pretty much sums it up.

There is still a chance we will win despite Dick trying his best to foul things up. I think we have some talent, and are just a few pieces away from being able to run the T-2 defense with enough wrinkles to pressure the opposing QB.

I want to believe, but each year with him at the helm I get that "Lucy holding the football" feeling....

:rolleyes: doh! doh! doh! doh!

Pretty much sums it up.

There is still a chance we will win despite Dick trying his best to foul things up. I think we have some talent, and are just a few pieces away from being able to run the T-2 defense with enough wrinkles to pressure the opposing QB.

I want to believe, but each year with him at the helm I get that "Lucy holding the football" feeling....

:rolleyes: doh! doh! doh! doh!

My general feeling is that everyone is so frustrated over last season's collapse and the long playoff drought that they won't even wait to see how the draft goes, or accept that free agency does not end tonight, or think that the Bills didn't even try to plug any holes through free agency - they did.

Hell, even I'm disppointed that we didn't go and hire...

Mike Leach

But myself, I've moved forward and am ready to go out on a limb here...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :lol:

My general feeling is that everyone is so frustrated over last season's collapse and the long playoff drought that they won't even wait to see how the draft goes, or accept that free agency does not end tonight, or think that the Bills didn't even try to plug any holes through free agency - they did.

Hell, even I'm disppointed that we didn't go and hire...

Mike Leach

But myself, I've moved forward and am ready to go out on a limb here...

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks dude.

I appreciate you not trying to defend Jauron, rather you defended what it means to be a fan.

All kidding aside, I needed that.

Man, I just want them to beat freak'n NE - I can't take the 2 automatic L's every year since that demon-spawn took over as coach (OK, that's an exaggeration we've won 2 games against him).

Arrrggg

Yea, we have a bunch of whiny gloomy people who don't know what they are talking about. They will always exist . We could go 500-0 next season (yea that is right, the bills could invent hundreds of games and win them), and we would complain about a pick trent threw in the superbowl while winning 49-0

bull sh--

the franchise has earned every single negative feeling because it has a heluva alot more losing seaosns then winning seasons, and has missed th eplayoffs for 10 consecutive years.

pay attention... we're sick and tired of how hte franchise is being run

Case in point... Jauron has no business being the HC of the Bills in 2009 but guess what

True or False?

I would say while free agency period has not closed and the draft is yet to come it is hard to see how the Bills can definitively say they are better today than they were at the end of the season last year. Don't get me wrong, I am positive about what I see so far but I am hard pressed to present supportable arguments about why they are better.

At the end of the day (weeks) while there is much chatter about free agents and the draft I think the Bills success or lack thereof will come from the following three areas next season:

• The most important is that Trent Edwards has to take a big step forward in his play. The board has been alive with discussion about a #2 receiver given the Coles situation. This is window dressing. Edwards has to make his receivers better through improvement in his game. Arguably, the Fins turned it around last year through improved QB play the Bills will need to see much of the same.
  • Next is improvement from our offensive coordinator, Schonert. He had his "training wheels" season last year. Too often he seemed to want the players to conform to his system and there was not enough thought about change(s) to the system to improve the players odds of success.
  • Finally, our defensive line has to improve. Maybe we pick up a DT or DE in the draft, maybe Schobel returns to form, maybe Ellis is a mystery man that will have a breakout season ... point is many "maybe pieces" in this equation.

Time will tell.

Look for prognosticators to put us at the bottom of the division - again.

True or False?

True---until they prove they can do something right. This team needs a passrush and a passrush and a passrush.

Until they realize that they will continue to play games--just like a 10 yr non playoff organization can be expected to do.

WRs,,,backup centers,, etc...all peripherally important until we get a real D and get rid of Scobel and Kelsay and the other fakers out there.

I think it's safe to say that we will not win the AFC East this season, no matter what we do between now and kickoff of Game 1.

I'm sure it sounds pesimistic, but it's also reality. As of this moment in time, we are outmatched in talent by Patriots and Jets, and I don't think there is room for debate.

In my opinion, the best that we can do right now is to solidify both our offensive and defensive lines. If we can establish a running game, it will open up oppurtunities for our passing game. We need to be able to keep our offense on the field longer, so that our defense isn't breaking down late in games.

I'm confident that with a solid pass rush, our defense can be much better than the we were last year... and we weren't terrible last season (14th, if I'm not mistaken). If we're going to contend for a playoff spot this year, it's going to be by out grinding teams...not by out shooting them. We've got two very talented young running backs, lets use them.