• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

more to come ...

From Players Page on NFL.com

Drayton Florence: 6'0 195; Corner; 28 years old

6 Year Veteran

5 Years with San Diego, 1 with Jacksonville (last season)

89 games; 53 Starts

273 Tackles

41 Passes Defensed

10 Interceptions

2 Fumble recoveries

0 TD's

Jabari Greer: 5'11 180: Corner; 27 years old

5 Year Veteran

5 Years with Buffalo

70 games; 26 Starts

156 Tackles

27 Passes Defensed

4 Interceptions

0 Fumble recoveries

2 TD's

Other then Jabari's 2 TD returns on his 4 Ints's, and him being a year younger, Florence is a huge upgrade. Very nice signing by the circle jerks this time!

Thanks Tim, as always kudos! :huh:

We signed a girl? hehe

:rolleyes:Link

Florence Henderson?

Damn YOU!!! (shaking fist) beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't seen anything yet but this thread, so until I do nothing is in stone.

Tim writes for ESPN. If you read it in an ESPN article would you believe it because that's where it's coming from. Tim just cut out the middle man for us.

Is it possible that Greer's agent told the Bills that his client was going to get a deal better than what we were offering, and now the bIlls can use the money they might have spent to re-sign Greer on giving money to Peters and signing Coles?

Right, but the Bills werent going to be making any moves until they knew one way or another that Coles was either signing or going. Considering the flury of FA news over the last few hours, I would guess that Coles is going elsewhere, hence the reason the money is freed up.

The Coles situation could be irrelevant. I suspect that with Greer making so many visits that the team came to the conclusion that he was going to sign elsewhere. We will probably know more when we see the numbers on Florence's deal.

6 Year Veteran

89 games; 53 Starts

273 Tackles

41 Passes Defensed

10 Interceptions

2 Fumble recoveries

0 TD's

5 Year Veteran

5 Years with Buffalo

70 games; 26 Starts

156 Tackles

27 Passes Defensed

4 Interceptions

0 Fumble recoveries

2 TD's

Other then Jabari's 2 TD returns on his 4 Ints's, and him being a year younger, Florence is a huge upgrade. Very nice signing by the circle jerks this time!

Stats for CBs, with the possible exception of INTs, is a really crappy way to say if someone is a huge upgrade or not.

Put it this way. Flo just signed for two years for 6.6 mil. Jabari is likely to get 20-25 mil.

Wow ... given that the Jags essentially called him a negative influence in the locker room and cited him for poor play it is a bit of a surprise that the Bills would sign him. This is probably an indication that Jabari Greer is likely to sign with another team.

I'm pretty sure Stroud was consulted before this signing about DF's character in Jacksonville.

Right, but the Bills werent going to be making any moves until they knew one way or another that Coles was either signing or going. Considering the flury of FA news over the last few hours, I would guess that Coles is going elsewhere, hence the reason the money is freed up.

I don't think that is true at all. They have had a pretty decent offer to Jabari on the table now for at least a week, and may have even upped it recently. Yet they still were going strong for Coles. Neither is going to break the bank. Do you think if Jabari would have agreed to the Bills offer (which is probably 3-4 times what they just paid Florence), the Bills would have suddenly pulled the Coles offer? I don't for a second.

Stats for CBs, with the possible exception of INTs, is a really crappy way to say if someone is a huge upgrade or not.

Put it this way. Flo just signed for two years for 6.6 mil. Jabari is likely to get 20-25 mil.

Kelly that was the way I looked at to.......

I dont know if Drayton is a upgrade over Greer....what I do know is that he is a hell of a lot cheaper then what we were going to pay Greer thus opening up money for other possible upgrades......

Plus it greatly reduces the chance of taking a corner in the 1st round which worries a lot of us......we NEED help at other positions......

6 Year Veteran

89 games; 53 Starts

273 Tackles

41 Passes Defensed

10 Interceptions

2 Fumble recoveries

0 TD's

5 Year Veteran

5 Years with Buffalo

70 games; 26 Starts

156 Tackles

27 Passes Defensed

4 Interceptions

0 Fumble recoveries

2 TD's

Florence has double the starts to Jabari 53-26, hence the better #'s If you project Jabari's #'s by doubling them, he is slightly better.