Broncos' TE - Tony Scheffler Is On The Trading Block

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I like about the original report was that the Broncos were the ones going around trying to ship Scheffler.

That means they took all the guesswork out of it for our FO. Anything to simplify things for the boys at One Bills Drive, I'm all in favor of.

If we left it up to our front office to find us a TE on their own, they'd be combing through huge binders screaming "Is Alfred Pupunu still in the league? Well Chrissakes Modrak, you're supposed to know these things!"

Tell me if I'm underestimating Scheffler, but I would not give up a 2nd rounder. He's not Owen Daniels. A 3rd or lower, and I'm all for it. He's sure handed and he'd make things easier on Edwards.

Tony Scheffler Owen Daniels

Size: 6'5, 250 6'3, 247

Recs: 107 167

Yards: 1480 1982

TDs: 12 10

The difference doesn't look that great to me. Also, Daniels has played in four more games than Scheffler.

Since they are close friends, can the Bills get Cutler AND Scheffler as a package deal? :rolleyes:

That would be great. I love Cutler. Reminds me of Kelly. Tough SOB w/ a rocket arm and isn't afraid of using it. I can't believe we passed on him in the draft. Schefler as well, is highly respected, but I actually think is a one of the better TE's in the league.

The difference doesn't look that great to me. Also, Daniels has played in four more games than Scheffler.

Daniels has started over 2-1/2 times as many games as well.

What?

Tony Scheffler last two years 89 catches 1194 yards

Owen Daniels last two years 133 catches 1630 yards

This would be a nice addition and would be all for it. A package deal with Cutler would be incredible but will never happen, in fact, I doubt seriously Cutler goes anywhere now. The difference is there is no Matt Cassel going to Denver. Cutler was talked about in a trade scenario that would end in them getting Cassel. Who are we gonna give denver? Edwards? Come on, no way they do that.

Scheffler though seems like he can be had and we would be fools not to explore it.

What I like about the original report was that the Broncos were the ones going around trying to ship Scheffler.

That means they took all the guesswork out of it for our FO. Anything to simplify things for the boys at One Bills Drive, I'm all in favor of.

If we left it up to our front office to find us a TE on their own, they'd be combing through huge binders screaming "Is Alfred Pupunu still in the league? Well Chrissakes Modrak, you're supposed to know these things!"

:rolleyes::lol::wallbash:

i dont care, make it happen. send them our 3rd rounder for him now! I would take that in a second.

If the Bills are truly committed to energizing their fan base this would be a huge step in the right direction.

While acquiring Scheffler would make the team better, don't kid yourself about a trade for him energizing the fanbase. The majority of the fanbase has never heard of Tony Scheffler.

While acquiring Scheffler would make the team better, don't kid yourself about a trade for him energizing the fanbase. The majority of the fanbase has never heard of Tony Scheffler.

Once the media hype starts they will know what a great trade it was.

I'd do it for a 4th. 3rd is tough but arguable. A 2nd would be seriously overpaying.

Unless it's contingent upon a new mutli-year contract, there's no way the Bills can give more than a 3rd... and even that is pushing it for one year of his services.

Unless it's contingent upon a new mutli-year contract, there's no way the Bills can give more than a 3rd... and even that is pushing it for one year of his services.

Absolutely. The Bills don't make that trade w/o a new contract, IMO.

I would totally do that for a 3rd.......

Sign Coles

Use first rounder on a defensive pass rusher

Use second rounder on center (and yes even if Hangman is good and starts at center we must take advantage of the talent at center in the draft this year.......draft a center and let him play guard for a year)

Give 3rd rounder for Sheftler

Resign Crowell

that fills a lot of needs