Bills cut Dockery

TimGraham

Yep. While I was not a huge fan of Dockery, he played every down and was more than serviceable. He just never lived up to the big money contract. Now we have two glaring holes on the OL. I have very little confidence that our OL will be improved next year, overall.

Moves like this one are a big reason why the Bills never improve. They have to waste time and resources replacing too many competent (if overpaid) players that they dump for various reasons. You can only plug so many holes in one offseason. They were already going to be pressed to fill all of their needs, and now, the Bills have all but guaranteed that yet one more won't be adequately addressed.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nucci, you missunderstood me, sorry. I wasnt saying he doesn't care about the team. I think Dockery was a good gaurd but not great. What i was getting at was that the real money that gets paid is more important then the Cap number. Thats what a wise business man looks at. What he is spending and what he is getting in return. I know i just opened myself up for comments about Kelsay, Schobel, and the rest of the guys. But i wasn't taking a swing at Mr Wilson. I was simply saying this might allow him to have more up front money to spend on a FA. Since Dockery wont be getting his 6+ million this year. But i would like to know how this affects the Cap.

No problem. We have cap experts on the board that can that answer better than me.

I'm not crazy about cutting Doc

That's probably because you were all for signing him to the ridiculously inflated contract.

Even the Bills Front Office is admitting their mistake. You can too, Dean. One step at a time... :lol:

I actually hope the Bills try to re-sign Dockery. By releasing him, the Bills will avoid paying him a $1.75 million roster bonus in the coming weeks. The cap hit for the amortized signing bonus is not relavent. It's all about cash-to-cap.

Bill to release Dockery; possibly Royal

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/590928.html

im surprised. but not too much.

he wasnt playing up to his contract and i will trust that the FO saw that our Center was not the only reason for the problems in the interior of the line. he was never a mean lineman, and that could have been one of our problems with run blocking.

im more interested in how they think they will fill this hole with a better player.

I actually hope the Bills try to re-sign Dockery. By releasing him, the Bills will avoid paying him a $1.75 million roster bonus in the coming weeks. The cap hit for the amortized signing bonus is not relavent. It's all about cash-to-cap.

The NFL's free-agency season begins at 12:01 a.m. Saturday. The Bills still could have some other cuts coming by 4 p.m. today, with veteran tight end Robert Royal being one candidate.

I thought it started at 12:01 a.m. tomorrow. :lol:

Twenty-three minutes behind our man Graham. Sorry, Mark.

Royal and Dockery. Well, the "Marv built a great corps" camp seems to be really facing a tough sell more and more.

The NFL's free-agency season begins at 12:01 a.m. Saturday. The Bills still could have some other cuts coming by 4 p.m. today, with veteran tight end Robert Royal being one candidate.

It is tomorrow. You are correct.

You're right, it's tonight after midnight. ESPN is having a live NFL Live special on at that time to discuss FA and report any quick signings.

The Bills have a plan to make Peters the highest paid member of the OL. But instead of paying him, they are going to cut everyone who makes more than him.

That's hysterical! Nice job.

Thanks Tim! Wow!

JPeters will get paid. Jason Brown is a candidate now and Saturday expressed a desire to switch to guard as well.

Here we go!

How about signing both? Saturday as a C and Brown as a G. Brown expressed about wanting to go to Miami and the they are looking for a C. By making an offer for the G position might make us more appealing to Brown. Just a thought.

That's hysterical! Nice job.

How about signing both? Saturday as a C and Brown as a G. Brown expressed about wanting to go to Miami and the they are looking for a C. By making an offer foer the G position might make us more appealing to Brown. Just a thought.

That would be awesome. Jason Brown prefers to play guard anyway. Then we could draft a Center and groom him behind Saturday. Our line would be one of the best if we were able to sign both of them