Bills changing their logo??

FluffHead

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else feel like the Bills are just !@#$ing with us at this point? :thumbsup:

Yep. You summed it up pretty well.

I try to look at this like what's the big deal... it's just a patch. But, seriously, it looks sophomoric to say the least. I can only assume they had one of those 5th grade contests to let kids draw designs. Just bad.

Hey Senator,

Your enthusiasm is bursting!

Sorry. It sucks feeling that way - maybe I'll be more enthusiastic after the free agency & the draft.

Right now, the only thing I'm enthusiastic about is that this will be Jauron's last season. After he gets fired, hopefully Ralph wake up and smell the coffee, and will go hire...

Mike Leach

Well- I for one am rejoicing! You see, I've been beating this horse for many years that the Bills need a logo on their jersey to identify it as a BUFFALO BILLS jersey (not a Patriots, Broncos or Titans alternate). So I'm going to go out and buy this f*cking 50 year patch to put on my very bland jersey.

I'm also befuddled that they come out with a "new logo" but it's really just a Labatts patch on the current uniform. I was really hoping for a more significant change and maybe even a full season of theThrowbacks- grazing Buffalo.

At the very least, tell me they are going to start wearing white pants at home again?! I'd be happy with that minor tweak.

You guys are hard to please trouble-makers. This season's theme is "continuity"--we've been planning this for 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons. Look, they put the red buffalo in the middle of the zero. You get it? Is called "creative continuity," people. If they go crazy with some razzmatazz logo and sharp uniforms, what's next: an exciting season, a new coaching staff? Where's it end? A Super Bowl? We have a bananas-and-milk owner-- not one of your MTV, spicy chicken, Ferrari guys who gets your stomach all knotted up with excitement. Its bad for your digestion. Now go take a nap in your new $50 t-shirt.

Dean's gonna love this...

Not only did they NOT get rid of the ribbon, they made it an integral part of the 50th anniversary logo! :thumbsup:

Sorry Dean, I have to laugh at that just a bit.

Not a big fan of it either... they could have done so much better.

But everyone wears the ribbon. You must wear the ribbon!

I think it is clear, the Bills are ribbon bullies.

You guys are hard to please trouble-makers. This season's theme is "continuity"--we've been planning this for 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons. Look, they put the red buffalo in the middle of the zero. You get it? Is called "creative continuity," people. If they go crazy with some razzmatazz logo and sharp uniforms, what's next: an exciting season, a new coaching staff? Where's it end? A Super Bowl? We have a bananas-and-milk owner-- not one of your MTV, spicy chicken, Ferrari guys who gets your stomach all knotted up with excitement. Its bad for your digestion. Now go take a nap in your new $50 t-shirt.

Awesome.

The current Buffalo Bills were named to honor the original Buffalo Bills of the All-America Football Conference. Their logo was Buffalo Bill Cody riding a Buffalo. Check out the bottom of this page to see it.

The name arose from a combination of the city name and from the ownership of the team. The owner (Jim Breuil) also owned Frontier Oil in Buffalo. Frontier...wild west...Buffalo Bill Cody.

Great find!

The current Buffalo Bills were named to honor the original Buffalo Bills of the All-America Football Conference. Their logo was Buffalo Bill Cody riding a Buffalo. Check out the bottom of this page to see it.

The name arose from a combination of the city name and from the ownership of the team. The owner (Jim Breuil) also owned Frontier Oil in Buffalo. Frontier...wild west...Buffalo Bill Cody.

Cody riding the buffalo is the best logo ever. We should go back to that one, IMO.

If it's an issue, they can put the ribbon on Cody...make it a scarf, or something that makes some sense.

Cody riding the buffalo is the best logo ever. We should go back to that one, IMO.

It was a definite improvement over the 1946 logo (the Buffalo Bisons logo, which you can see on the same site).

If it's an issue, they can put the ribbon on Cody...make it a scarf, or something that makes some sense.

YOU my good man are walking dangerously close to ribbon bully status... :rolleyes:

I swear Dean as soon as I saw the logo, I started laughing out loud thinking about how much you hate that damn ribbon!