Haynesworth will test free-agency market

I would pay him whatever he wants. Seriously.

I also cannot fathom how the Titans are letting him test the market. He's going to be gone within hours of the opening of FA.

Just like Nate Clements was a couple of years ago. I hope I'm watching ESPN and here this, "We have breaking news coming in from the NFL at this hour. John Clayton is reporting that Albert Haynesworth, the bohemoth DT from the Tennessee Titans, has signed a FA deal with the Buffalo Bills. The terms are not yet disclosed, but he is now officially off the market. We suspect he is now the highest paid DL in the NFL. We'll give more details as we get them." :sick:

At this point, I would throw the kitchen sink at him...I don't care about his charactor issue or how much over spending would take place. Go out with a bang Ralph go out with a bang.....

I would rather have one MAJOR impact player than 3 or 4 mid level signings. This guy would change our whole D next to Stroud. Grab a DE with first pick and Center with 2nd. Do whatever the hell you want with the rest of the picks........

john clayton reporting a rumor that a deal might approach 6 years 100 mil...

That's really steep for any player. One bad injury and his playing days are over and A LOT of money is left on the table.

I'd love to see him here but with his character concerns that's a steep price.

That's really steep for any player. One bad injury and his playing days are over and A LOT of money is left on the table.

I'd love to see him here but with his character concerns that's a steep price.

I'd offer $100 million over 6---as long as $60 mil was loaded into the last two years! After 4 years, just tear up the contract.

I don't think he'd go for that. I think $100 million with at least $40 million guaranteed. JMO

i doubt he gets any more than 30 mil guaranteed in the deal. longs guaranteed money last year was the most guaranteed money handed iirc. tony romo may have had more

I read somewhere that he stated he wants six years averaging $12 million per year with $30 million guaranteed.

Now I know 2010 looks like it will be uncapped, but that money is absurd for a player that only seems to perform in his contract year, and is one infraction from time lost due to either jail or a suspension.

I read somewhere that he stated he wants six years averaging $12 million per year with $30 million guaranteed.

Now I know 2010 looks like it will be uncapped, but that money is absurd for a player that only seems to perform in his contract year, and is one infraction from time lost due to either jail or a suspension.

The guy's looked dominant the last three years. He made scrub DE's like LaBoy and Vandenbosch pro-bowlers; imagine what he could do for guys like Schobel and Stroud.

Is it a risk? No doubt. But the upside is turning our defense into a top-5 unit with the additon of one player.

The guy's looked dominant the last three years. He made scrub DE's like LaBoy and Vandenbosch pro-bowlers; imagine what he could do for guys like Schobel and Stroud.

Is it a risk? No doubt. But the upside is turning our defense into a top-5 unit with the additon of one player.

I agree!!

at $12 Million a year, with the latest signings that have recently been signed $12 Million is starting to look like a bargain.

Since Suggs and Peppers are gone, and getting Orapko Or Brown through the draft are very uncertain. Maybe there is a chance that we target Haynesworth. He would provide more pass rush, plus obviously the run game would be stout as hell.

He is worth the risk in my view as well. Plus you know that he will reinvigorate the decimated fan base, and would help sell tickets.

I'm just concerned that there are many teams prepared to pay him this fee. He definitely has got to be the hottest FA this year.