Lynch to be charged with 3 misdemeanors

VOR

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky. Personally...they should have given him a felony charge, just to shake him up. I'd rather he was taught a lesson now before he does something really stupid.

They should add a 4th for being stupid. Wait a minute....that would only be a violation and wouldn't go on his record.

Trust me, "stupid" is going to be on his record for a long, long time.

I'm very pleased to hear that they are only charging him with a misdemeanor, Which suggests to me that they have a weak case.

This is good news! Hopefully the league won't suspend him

I don't think a suspension would be the worst news. Maybe it would get him to think a bit before he gets in the next dumb situation. If a 1 or 2 game suspension now might help avoid a later incident, I think it would be worth the short-term hit to the team's play.

I don't think a suspension would be the worst news. Maybe it would get him to think a bit before he gets in the next dumb situation. If a 1 or 2 game suspension now might help avoid a later incident, I think it would be worth the short-term hit to the team's play.

Anyone who thinks he is going to avoid a suspension is smoking the blunts that were in his car.

I'm very pleased to hear that they are only charging him with a misdemeanor, Which suggests to me that they have a weak case.

This is good news! Hopefully the league won't suspend him

They're probably only charging him with misdemeanors because there was no violence or criminal intent involved. (other than the smoking)

I still say no suspension. First time offense/offender and the gun wasn't on him, but in the trunk.
When I googled to find out some more about California gun laws, I found an attorney's web site that said if the gun is in the trunk of your car they can't charge you. The gun has to be "readily available". I haven't read anything that definitively said where the gun was. It really doesn't make any sense for the gun to be in the trunk if it belonged to Lynch. Doesn't do him much good there if he has to deal with trouble on relatively short notice. I'm guessing one of the other passengers in the car had the gun on his person. The officers "determined" the gun was Lynch's because Lynch told them it was his gun. Lynch might be stupid, but he's not a scumbag. He wouldn't throw one of his friends under the bus for something that was his fault.

Keep the faith, please think before you post nonsense on the board. Last I checked we have alot of men and women in harms way right now. A little respect and class please.

I'm sure he didn't mean everybody, but there are a lot. In effect, we are paying Wall Streeters and auto workers. Plus we'll be picking up the mortgages of people in 4k sq ft homes making $50,000 a year

Goodell, from last summer's press conference at training camp:

On Marshawn Lynch and his incident being a league issue:

I spoke to Marshawn this morning. I met with Marshawn and he understands his responsibilities as an NFL player. I think the facts are clear on the case at this point in time and I don’t plan on any discipline.

On Marshawn’s response:

He understands the responsibility. He understands what it means to be an NFL player and how he has to represent himself, his teammates, and the Buffalo Bills, and he knows how important that is.

On decision for no punishment for Lynch:

Because it was reduced to a traffic violation and I think when you look at the facts and understand exactly what happened after some of the initial reports, I think that it’s not a violation of our personal conduct policy. On the other hand, Marshawn understands that these things are important to the league and that he will avoid those types of situations in the future.

Or perhaps not, and Goodell may not look quite so kindly on Strike 2.

Thanks for the post VOR. I'm glad that they're misdemeanors instead of a felony, but still...

Thank God we have Freddie.

It's one thing to have the gun for protection but being around the drugs is something he should have stayed away from. Instead of letting his boys pull him down, he should be pulling them up.

Thanks for the post VOR. I'm glad that they're misdemeanors instead of a felony, but still...

Thank God we have Freddie.

It's one thing to have the gun for protection but being around the drugs is something he should have stayed away from. Instead of letting his boys pull him down, he should be pulling them up.

Actually, if the gun is indeed unlicensed, he'll probably get in more trouble for that. The weed allegations might -- might -- put him into Step 1 of the treatment program, but "unlawful possession of a gun outside the workplace" is directly mentioned as cause for discipline in the Personal Conduct Policy.

Standard of Conduct:

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough to simply avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful.

Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime.