Lynch to be charged with 3 misdemeanors

VOR

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post VOR. I'm glad that they're misdemeanors instead of a felony, but still...

Thank God we have Freddie.

It's one thing to have the gun for protection but being around the drugs is something he should have stayed away from. Instead of letting his boys pull him down, he should be pulling them up.

at this point in time, we don't have Freddy--they need give him an offer to keep him

Actually, if the gun is indeed unlicensed, he'll probably get in more trouble for that. The weed allegations might -- might -- put him into Step 1 of the treatment program, but "unlawful possession of a gun outside the workplace" is directly mentioned as cause for discipline in the Personal Conduct Policy.

The weed allegations are just that: allegations. The police would have had to have seized the "blunts" and tested them, found they contained pot, and then tested Lynch.

And it's strange that Lynch's lawyer hasn't been provided with any information. There's a possibility he could get some of the charges dropped.

Actually, if the gun is indeed unlicensed, he'll probably get in more trouble for that. The weed allegations might -- might -- put him into Step 1 of the treatment program, but "unlawful possession of a gun outside the workplace" is directly mentioned as cause for discipline in the Personal Conduct Policy.

Uhhhh...so if Lynch brings it on the field, that's okay? :censored:

Thanks Lori.

It's good having an actual journalist posting here (I don't think you've called yourself a journalist but I will).

Thanks Lori.

It's good having an actual journalist posting here (I don't think you've called yourself a journalist but I will).

I'd usually just substitute "reasonably smart person" for "journalist".

Even if she does cling to her guns and religion...

I'd usually just substitute "reasonably smart person" for "journalist".

Even if she does cling to her guns and religion...

You could be right Tom. I like how she provides documentation quite often. I try to do the same thing and it drives me crazy when people just throw crap out there, especially when it's not even in the realm of reality.

Like when people say "we should sign this guy." I always have to ask, "yeah at what price are we talking."

So Lori is kind of a touchstone to factuality. To me anyways.

Uhhhh...so if Lynch brings it on the field, that's okay? :censored:

Hardly. Here's the entire graph, the fourth bullet point (sorry) in a list. (It's in a password protected .pdf file that can't be copy/pasted, so I'm retyping just the pertinent info.)

Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

-Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace.

SJBF, thanks for the kind words. And while I don't cover the Bills -- you'll have to talk to our man Graham for that -- I do draw a paycheck from a newspaper, and my cards do have "sports" printed under my name, so I guess I can officially call myself a journalist. I'm far from the only person here that applies to, of course ...

You could be right Tom. I like how she provides documentation quite often. I try to do the same thing and it drives me crazy when people just throw crap out there, especially when it's not even in the realm of reality.

Like when people say "we should sign this guy." I always have to ask, "yeah at what price are we talking."

So Lori is kind of a touchstone to factuality. To me anyways.

Lori has always been one of my favorite posters......

Keep the faith, please think before you post nonsense on the board. Last I checked we have alot of men and women in harms way right now. A little respect and class please.

I thought it was a very appropriate comment given the madness going on in DC. People need to be outraged with the spending which is a disgraceful not to mention an entirely foolish approach to an economic problem. Lynch's behavior is wonderful in comparison to the majority in DC.

The weed allegations are just that: allegations. The police would have had to have seized the "blunts" and tested them, found they contained pot, and then tested Lynch.

And it's strange that Lynch's lawyer hasn't been provided with any information. There's a possibility he could get some of the charges dropped.

Doesn't matter. Testing positive isn't the only way to end up in Stage 1.

I'm very pleased to hear that they are only charging him with a misdemeanor, Which suggests to me that they have a weak case.

This is good news! Hopefully the league won't suspend him

I beg to differ. 3 misdemeanor's--as negotiated by the attorneys to whom Lynch has access to--leads me to believe they had a FINE case against the young man.

Keep the faith, please think before you post nonsense on the board. Last I checked we have alot of men and women in harms way right now. A little respect and class please.

I thought it was a very appropriate comment given the madness going on in DC. People need to be outraged with the spending which is a disgraceful not to mention an entirely foolish approach to an economic problem. Lynch's behavior is wonderful in comparison to the majority in DC.

As opposed to the minority party, which ran the govt into the ground in the 8 years it was effectively in power. Give us all a break--in November the "tribe has spoken".....

Doesn't matter. Testing positive isn't the only way to end up in Stage 1.

Do you have any examples of players ending up in Stage 1 of drug testing, without testing positive for drugs or having been proven to be involved with them? The point being, the cops claiming that they smelled and saw pot in the car, yet not charging Lynch with anything, sounds highly suspicious. I guess a good example would be to see whether Matt Leinart ended-up in Stage 1 after photos of him surfaced at that party where everyone was drinking.

I beg to differ. 3 misdemeanor's--as negotiated by the attorneys to whom Lynch has access to--leads me to believe they had a FINE case against the young man.

It doesn't sound like there was any negotiation at all. Lynch's attorney said he hasn't seen any evidence. The charges were what the police brought against Lynch and now Lynch's attorney will have a chance to get them reduced, amd a remote chance of getting them dropped.

It doesn't sound like there was any negotiation at all. Lynch's attorney said he hasn't seen any evidence. The charges were what the police brought against Lynch and now Lynch's attorney will have a chance to get them reduced, amd a remote chance of getting them dropped.

Actually I believe in tough love. I really hope he gets more than a rap on the knuckles this time. Else this would be the second incidence of irresponsible behavior where he would get off lightly. I realize that the law is the law but a moderate punishment this time may help curtail the nature of his extra-curricular activities and reduce the possibility of a future big crime.