This Isnt' A Joke. I Just Got Back From The Hospital.

Steely Dan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I have to...

...and since it was such a small piece and such a small problem the it was "the perfect stroke" because if even a slightly bigger piece had broken off it would have caused brain damage.

But how could they tell?

You know I have to...

But how could they tell?

:wallbash:

1. They'd never met me before

2. The CT scan

3. The MRI

Had they met me before they probably would have thought there was a problem with the MRI and CT machines.

Yeesh, glad to hear you probably won't be suffering long term effects from this, but it's gotta be scary knowing how close you were to brain damage. Best of luck, paisan.

By the way, I know the handheld Yahtzee game you're talking about. I got 705 one time. :thumbsup:

My best is in the mid six hundreds. BTW, without getting a Yahtzee the best score you can get is a 301.

Also, now I have what junkies refer to as railroad tracks from all of needles inserted into my body over and over again. If a cop ever stops me he'll think I'm a heroin junkie.

Since I'm on blood thinners they told me I should shave with an electric razor. I've only used one a few times at a friends and I have such a thick beard that it really doesn't do much in the long run. However, the razor I got says to try it for 21 days because it will take that long for my face to acclimate to the razor.

I can't rub the area above the artery because I risk a piece of the clot shooting off but fortunately hair doesn't grow in that section of my face due to the radiation.

Anyhoo, the instruction manual is filled with some really stupid stuff for the lamos who will do something really stupid and try to sue the company. Not all of them are particularly stupid but here is the list from the back of the front cover:

DANGER

To reduce risk of electric shock:

1. Do not reach for corded razor that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately. :thumbsup: Gee thanks Captain obvious. Sadly some need to be told this.

2. Use razor only in dry conditions. Do not use razor while bathing or in the shower.

3. Do not submerge razor in water. :wallbash:

4. Do not place or store a razor where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not drop razor. Do not place or drop razor into water or other liquid. :wallbash: Don't drop razor. Thanks, I'll try not to.

5. Always unplug this razor from electrical outlet after use except while charging.

6. Unplug and remove power supply cord from razor before cleaning. :rolleyes: Thanks again.

WARNING

To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:

1. Close supervision is necessary when this razor is used by, on, or near children and invalids. :rolleyes: I think I'll let little Johnny use this so he stops bothering me.

2. Use this razor for its intended household use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Philips Electronics North America Corporation. :rolleyes: What the hell else would someone use it for? to trim the cat?

I'll add the rest when I'm less tired.

Believe it or not I'm having trouble sleeping with all this crap going on.

This may be a stupid question but why do they not remove[or bypass] the clot?

There is a lot of risk with that kind of surgery. It can break the clot loose and then it hits the brain. In my situation they felt the risks didn't outweigh the rewards. If the blood thinners don't wash it away in the next couple of months then surgery will become a more serious option.