Duffs vs. Anchorbar

Lee Otis M C

Now dont get me wrong, Anchorbars wings are easily the best in the nation. But Duff's, with their oversized, voluptuous drum/wing plethora, along with the pitcher of coke and the best skinny french fries you can get -- anywhere -- I can honestly say i would rather spend a Saturday afternoon at Duffs than Anchorbar. Thoughts?

Now dont get me wrong, Anchorbars wings are easily the best in the nation. But Duff's, with their oversized, voluptuous drum/wing plethora, along with the pitcher of coke and the best skinny french fries you can get -- anywhere -- I can honestly say i would rather spend a Saturday afternoon at Duffs than Anchorbar. Thoughts?

What is this "pitcher of coke" thing you speak of? :blink:

I don't think Anchor Bar are close to the best wings in WNY. I'll take Duff's any day, because I like my wings to be "stupid hot!", but still have good flavor.

And, as has already been noted, "pitcher of coke"? Dude?

I don't think Anchor Bar are close to the best wings in WNY. I'll take Duff's any day, because I like my wings to be "stupid hot!", but still have good flavor.

And, as has already been noted, "pitcher of coke"? Dude?

Don't knock the man. There's nothing wrong with drinking some coke. But yes, Duff's is better than Anchorbar. I think of Anchorbar as more of a tourist attraction that has pretty good wings.

Agreed. Acnhor Bar = overrated and overpriced tourist trap.

There are other random places around that have great tasting wings. Duffs is just the name everyone says first, but I don't think they necessarily have the best tasting wings.

I agree that there are other random places with great wings -- but I still always go back to Duff's. And as the original post says, the fries are AWESOME too. :blink:

Duff's for quality. Anchorbar for quantity.

Not sure if the joint across the street, Frizzy's, was there when you lived there full-time, but we also had a freaking great time knocking back the swill in that place.

Have never been to Fizzy's, but I hear good things. I think it used to be Shannon's.

And get to support local music too!!! :blink:

Rhino's may be the only club in WNY to have live music virtually every night of the week

They certainly support good eating:

Monday night: 10 cent jumbo shrimp

Tuesday night: 25 cent chicken fingers

Wednesday night: 5.99 large pizza

Thursday night: 10 cent wings

And yeah, there are always good bands playing. They have Dave Constantino in wing night for cryin out loud!

Duffs...a large bowl of steaming hot HOT wings, a large bowl of fries with brown gravy, and a nice pitcher of beer. My friends...it just does not get much better than that. :blink:

Shoot a moose on a wild Alaska river, spend all day cutting it to manageable pieces,then spend the next day packing it to camp. Hang the quarters so the bears can't get them,then fry some back strap in in the butter and onion you thought to bring. Enjoy by the fire with a hot mug of coffee and listen to the wolves howling in the darkness. Ya it does get better.

Shoot a moose on a wild Alaska river, spend all day cutting it to manageable pieces,then spend the next day packing it to camp. Hang the quarters so the bears can't get them,then fry some back strap in in the butter and onion you thought to bring. Enjoy by the fire with a hot mug of coffee and listen to the wolves howling in the darkness. Ya it does get better.

Yeah, I'll just take the wings and fries.

That sounds like an awfull lot of work. Yeah I will take the wings & fries too.

Not for the moose it doesn't.

Anchor Bar has good wings, but I prefer Duff's (all flats). My wife loves their sweet potato fries, and I really like their beef on weck.

All flats? that's interesting. Most people, it seems, prefer the drummettes. I actually like some of each, as they each have different strong points. The chicken wing, is the best part of the chicken, IMO, and is a microcosm (in a way) of the entire bird.

Speaking of WNY places that are strong with both wings, and beef-on-weck, I will once again pimp for Mister Dee's on Beach Rd, in Cheektowaga. Great "airport run" location, with all-around good food. Just a small step-away from the best, for both wings and weck ("Served medium rare, medium or well"). Terrific fish fry, too.

http://www.misterdees.com/index.html

And, if you like a more well done beef, or perhaps a BOW with gravy, McPartlan's Corner, on Wherle and Beach, just might be what you are looking for. Good old man's bar, too.

All flats? that's interesting. Most people, it seems, prefer the drummettes. I actually like some of each, as they each have different strong points. The chicken wing, is the best part of the chicken, IMO, and is a microcosm (in a way) of the entire bird.

Speaking of WNY places that are strong with both wings, and beef-on-weck, I will once again pimp for Mister Dee's on Beach Rd, in Cheektowaga. Great "airport run" location, with all-around good food. Just a small step-away from the best, for both wings and weck ("Served medium rare, medium or well"). Terrific fish fry, too.

http://www.misterdees.com/index.html

And, if you like a more well done beef, or perhaps a BOW with gravy, McPartlan's Corner, on Wherle and Beach, just might be what you are looking for. Good old man's bar, too.

I've always been partial to the flats, myself. They tend to have more quality meat on them, IMO. But a good 50/50 ratio is always the way to go. All flats would be boring.

I've always been partial to the flats, myself. They tend to have more quality meat on them, IMO. But a good 50/50 ratio is always the way to go. All flats would be boring.

I think some people find the flats hard to eat. There's a nice trick to pull out one of the bones, and then it is a snap to eat. The meat on the flats tends to be much juicier.

Does anyone think there is a difference between the wings at Duff's in Orchard Park and the Duff's on Sheridian (I think that is road, I'm not from Buffalo). I have been to the one on Sheridian maybe seven times and the one at Orchard Park after every Bills home game for 5 years. I am convinced that you get a better tasting wing at the one on Sherdian..........but if given the choice between the two, I'll go to the one in OP because the waitresses are hot.

:thumbsup: Okay....can we please have a moritorium placed on any threads about Buffalo's cullinary delights? I get roped in every time, and then I get real home sick, and then I get depressed....and then I end up settling for some lame Texas imitation of the my favorite WNY foods...stop it you guys...I am getting depressed... if I could be anywhere right this second, I would be sitting at the folks house, eating a La Nova pizza, with a side bucket of hot chicken wings, done right...the dulcimer tones of Rick Jeanerett blaring away in the backround...